ADVERTISEMENT

Putin Ups The Stakes

In all seriousness some military strategists said they believe he may be ready to use tactical nuclear weapons. US and NATO need to be getting a ton of troops on the Ukraine border and stage tactical nuclear weapons as a show of strength. At some point, you have to show the bully you have no fear. Anyone remember the Cuban missile crisis? A young democrat Prez stood up to an old wolf Soviet leader.

Last edited:
In all serious some military strategists said they believe he may be ready to use tactical nuclear weapons. US and NATO need to be getting a ton of troops on the Ukraine border and stage tactical nuclear weapons as a show of strength. At some point, you have to show the bully you have no fear. Anyone remember the Cuban missile crisis? A young democrat Prez stood up to an old wolf Soviet leader.
Its ironic you bring up the Cuban Missile crisis, because from Putin's perspective, that's exactly what this is. The difference is that Russia eventually backed down from the US threats of military invasion in Cuba, whereas Biden didn't. He continued to push for a Westernized (NATO) Ukraine and so Putin followed through on his threat of military action.

In all serious some military strategists said they believe he may be ready to use tactical nuclear weapons. US and NATO need to be getting a ton of troops on the Ukraine border and stage tactical nuclear weapons as a show of strength. At some point, you have to show the bully you have no fear. Anyone remember the Cuban missile crisis? A young democrat Prez stood up to an old wolf Soviet leader.
Yea lets escalate this! I can't wait to see duck and cover commercials! These kids need some toughening up!

Putin’s real interest is Germany. Germany 3rd largest economy in the world. Nord 2 goes online, Germany and Russia become economic partners to the hilt, and the EuroAsia trading corridor that includes Germany and China becomes the economic giant in the world with the US on the outside looking in. That economic alliance would allow for more oil and gas to be traded without dollars. The long play for Russia and China is for the dollar to no longer be the trading currency of the world. China working hard on making their digital currency easier to trade than dollars.

That happens the value of the US dollar collapses, treasuries are no longer needed to be held in reserve to trade, treasuries come due. and with all the debt the US has millions of Americans fall in to poverty.

Germany gets half of its coal and natural gas from Russia and 1/3 of its oil. Russia shuts down Nord 1 and all other energy exports right now Germany goes dark, coming out of a pandemic they can not afford it. Once Russia gets control of Ukraine and the pipelines, they may threaten to shut down Nord 1 if Germany does not open Nord 2. Perhaps Russia can not afford to shut down Nord 1, but they could still make a veiled threat.

If Germany capitulates, NATO is broken. This is Putin’s wet dream scenario. This all about creating a EuroAsia trading zone that leaves the US outside looking in and no longer in full control or influence over Europe.

The US was yelling Russia to invade Ukraine for 2 weeks in order to get Germany to cancel Nord 2. Did not work. So US goads Russia to attack, and did so by manipulating the NATO/Ukraine “threat” to Russia. Russia/Ukraine is Washington’s wedge to stop Nord 2, and potentially Nord 1. Germany has been central to every world war.

For the US, Russia invading Ukraine forever cements Putin as a evil mad man, driving Germany and Europe away from EuroAsia and to remain under US influence. Politically (not from a humanitarian point of view), Putin invading Ukraine creates that wedge to slow or kill the EuroAsia economic trading zone.

The war hawks in the US have no problem for NATO to defeat Russia in a war right now, it cements US economic future. Short of Russia using nukes, NATO can defeat Russia assuming no one else comes to their aid.

Biden HAS to unleash US oil and gas NOW to not force Europe to Russia for oil and gas.

The moment of truth will be if Russia gets control in Ukraine and all the pipeline, and then threatens Germany to shut down Nord 1 and all other energy exports. NATO alliance in that moment is on the line as well the future influence of the United States. This is the big end game Putin wants, worst case he gets Ukraine, at least in his sick mind. Putin fails and it could be the end of him as leader of Russia, he may see failing as no option which makes him very dangerous.

World war could easily break out here.

This is all somewhat about the long game on who becomes the dominant economic power for the next 100 years.

You can make the argument this is the Green New Deal war. US was on track under the previous Administration to be producing twice as much oil as Saudia Arabia today. We could have replaced Russia in Europe in supplying oil and gas. US energy policies has killed our national security. Trump complained loudly about Germany getting its energy from Russia and the need to get it from the US. He spoke loudly about NATO members paying their full dues. We went from a net exporter to net importer under Biden Oil and gas sanctions on US oil and gas producers.

One former US military advisor last night was saying that if Ukraine could hold off Russia for 10 days, that Russia does not have the resources in place to sustain themselves much longer than that, and it would force Russia to the negotiating table or perhaps Putin tries something really desperate and now he announces his nuclear force to be put on ready. Russia thought Ukraine would not fight like they are and they would have accomplished their Ukraine objectives in a matter of a few days.

Not all of this is my original opinions, been doing a bunch of reading and although I may not agree with the logic of what Putin in his mind wants to accomplish, it makes sense this is about energy, influence, economic future, and damaging US influence, that is his big prize and worst case he gets Ukraine, again all in his mind.

Scary times.

Last edited:
Belarus added to this by ending their non nuclear status in their constitution. This gives Putin the ability to move nukes into Belarus shortening the distance to Europe.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
We have two possibilities.

The reports of his personality changes are carefully crafted theater on his part to make the west fear he is having mental health issues or he is in fact going insane.

If it is the latter then it is just a matter of time before he acts irrationally and vaporizes something. There is no defense for this and appeasement will only stall the inevitable.

Continuing to build up NATOs defense posture will do nothing in this case. The world is toast.

If it is the former then the build up will reveal the ruse and he can be stopped at Ukraine and maybe defeated there .

We have two possibilities.

The reports of his personality changes are carefully crafted theater on his part to make the west fear he is having mental health issues or he is in fact going insane.

If it is the latter then it is just a matter of time before he acts irrationally and vaporizes something. There is no defense for this and appeasement will only stall the inevitable.

Continuing to build up NATOs defense posture will do nothing in this case. The world is toast.

If it is the former then the build up will reveal the ruse and he can be stopped at Ukraine and maybe defeated there .
Reports of his insanity might also be carefully crafted by the US. Already Germany is going to give 2% of GDP to NATO. We need for all of those European countries to learn they have to protect their own neighborhood. This needs to be a life lesson NATO never forgets. It was key getting Germany to commit to NATO like that. I just wish our Prez would believe our own “intel” and act accordingly.

It is interesting I see Congressman saying this and saying that can reveal the intel that has provided it, but yet they all are repeating it. It very well could be true, it also could be the US and Britain are doing this to rally the troops.

Reports of his insanity might also be carefully crafted by the US. Already Germany is going to give 2% of GDP to NATO. We need for all of those European countries to learn they have to protect their own neighborhood. This needs to be a life lesson NATO never forgets. It was key getting Germany to commit to NATO like that. I just wish our Prez would believe our own “intel” and act accordingly.

It is interesting I see Congressman saying this and saying that can reveal the intel that has provided it, but yet they all are repeating it. It very well could be true, it also could be the US and Britain are doing this to rally the troops.
You beat me to it. I was going to suggest that @DCandtheUTBand was missing a third option, and the one I find to be the most likely, that reports of Putin’s self isolation and mental instability, are products of western propaganda. Government propaganda is an insidious thing and war propaganda is the most insidious of all because its intent is to dehumanize the enemy and fill its target audience with enough hatred it will accept any punishment its team inflicts.

There's no doubt in my mind that Putin is a member of avery deranged category of people. How can anyone consider that a man that has other men murdered to be all there? So the scenarios proposed by @DCandtheUTBand could be 100% on target. But I am a cynic, and it seems as likely me that it is propaganda from western governments.

Addendum: One other thing comes to mind. The other day I was suggesting the war could be easily avoided if NATO (the US) would just agree in writing that Ukraine would not be admitted into the organization, something that would have cost the US nothing, but could have cooled the frustration felt by Russia. Others on this board dismissed this as appeasement, and insisted it should not be done. On the off chance that the reports of Putin’s mental instability are true, and assuming the reports that he has put his nuclear weapons on alert, I would hope that those arguing against “appeasement” are reconsidering, and wishing we had tried that before this thing blows into WW3.

Last edited:
You beat me to it. I was going to suggest that @DCandtheUTBand was missing a third option, and the one I find to be the most likely, that reports of Putin’s self isolation and mental instability, are products of western propaganda. Government propaganda is an insidious thing and war propaganda is the most insidious of all because its intent is to dehumanize the enemy and fill its target audience with enough hatred it will accept any punishment its team inflicts.

There's no doubt in my mind that Putin is a member of avery deranged category of people. How can anyone consider that a man that has other men murdered to be all there? So the scenarios proposed by @DCandtheUTBand could be 100% on target. But I am a cynic, and it seems as likely me that it is propaganda from western governments.
All possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT