ADVERTISEMENT

Match conversation

Thanks for the updates! Will u be doing this for all weight classes? TIA!!

Sorry I was watching and did not realize anyone was here.

Brock got a major, but got had a sloppy shot at the end and did not get the tech fall.

Hell got a first period takedown then escape. He rode and had about 1:30 riding time before giving up the escape. Then Gulibon was in on a high crotch. Hell locked through the crotch and almost got pinned, but no points. Same thing happened in the third period when riding time was under one minute. Hell wins so score is 13=0.

Collica got ridden out in the 2nd, but Retherford gets dinged for stalling twice gives Collica a point. An escape for ZT and RT point locked in so Collica down 2-1. He needs a TD in the final 30 seconds. Can't get the TD and falls 2-1.

Pokes leads 13-3.

My audio goes in and out, but I can see it.

Interesting that Retherford was just sticking the leg in. He might have been a little lucky there were not more stall warnings.

audio from okstate.com is very good. Screen keeps freezing on my and no audio at all with FLO.

good reason i didn't spend 30 on flo

what a mickey mouse operation college wrestling is

can you imagine alabama clemson broadcast on the rivals channel online?

Reactions: giddyup
How is the Facebook feed?
No commentary, just background crowd noise and PA announcer. Also no score board or clock visible. I was listening to the audio on okstate.com, but it's 45 seconds behind the Facebook feed.

Last edited:
No commentary, just background crowd noise and PA announcer. Also no score board or clock visible. I was listening to the audio on okstate.com, but it's 45 seconds behind the Facebook feed.
How are we ranked ahead of these guys, their wrestlers are ranked higher than ours at every weight?

Reactions: Ja1339
V Joseph gets a major over Rogers
Crutchmer loses 3-2 on a TD with 15 secs to go.
Boyd gets pinned in 38 seconds

PSU leads the dual 21-13.

That was ugly. We were clearly better at only one weight. PSU better conditioned and more technically sound at most weights. Hell could very easily have been called pinned and probably would have been in any other venue. We have a long way to go to challenge for a title, but so does everyone not named Penn State.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Those two teams are worlds apart. As long as Sanderson is the coach at Penn State it will be them and everyone else.

I have a general question for yinz. Why is the traffic so low over here? Is this the main forum for OSU wrestling?

Props for the sellout tonight. Collica did a great job. I'd be interested to hear your opinion on whether or not you think Heil was pinned. Hopefully Schaeffer will be back for the tourney (I see a lot of similarities with him and Nevills).

I have a general question for yinz. Why is the traffic so low over here? Is this the main forum for OSU wrestling?

Props for the sellout tonight. Collica did a great job. I'd be interested to hear your opinion on whether or not you think Heil was pinned. Hopefully Schaeffer will be back for the tourney (I see a lot of similarities with him and Nevills).

Yes, main forum for wrestling in the entire state. Yes, that's sad. But I'd rather have this than what you guys have.

I hope we get a rematch in the finals on Collica. That was fun.

I think Heil was stuck, but Gulibon didn't deserve the pin...I wouldn't have slapped the mat on that.

No idea on Schafer.

Collica , Crutchmer both in on shots late in match finish they win neither could. Rutherford was lucky not to get dinged more for stalling. If we would have pulled those two off would have lead the dual going into heavyweight . Rodgers, Smith and Boyd were outclassed. Heil was not pinned but was dangerously close at the end of the 2nd and 3rd periods. I still think we have a shot to win #35 this year.

I think Heil was stuck, but Gulibon didn't deserve the pin...I wouldn't have slapped the mat on that.

No idea on Schafer.
Is that how that rule works? "If the wrestler doesn't deserve the pin, even if the opposing wrestler's shoulders are stuck flat on the mat, the pin shall not be called." Jimmy knew where he was, was controlling the action and was pushing Heil's shoulders to the mat.

So, now we're asking refs to make a determination as to whether a wrestler is deserving of a pin? What criteria are they going to use for that?

Yes, main forum for wrestling in the entire state. Yes, that's sad. But I'd rather have this than what you guys have.

No idea on Schafer.
Several comments that I am not sure I follow.

Exactly what is wrong with the Penn St wrestling forum.
If you think Gulibon had Heil pinned I am lost to understand "Gulibon did not deserve the call". Care to elaborate?

Poor, Poor performance. Smith deserves some heat. 10 years since winning a title. Is he too comfortable? I'm not trying to start a controversy, but he needs to do better.

Reactions: giddyup
Several comments that I am not sure I follow.

Exactly what is wrong with the Penn St wrestling forum.
If you think Gulibon had Heil pinned I am lost to understand "Gulibon did not deserve the call". Care to elaborate?
Please get lost.

Yeah, if you guys are going to act like women and disect every word to start an argument, then please, stay away. That is also why I like our site, honesty and good conversation are the norm. Which is heads and shoulders above the Nittany Lion forum in my opinion. I wish it had more traffic, but it beats the giant group of cry babies you guys have.

Also, I will make one comment about the reaction to my previous comment.

Gulibon didn't earn that pin, he was trying to earn a TD. There isn't one Wrestler in the country that has a leg attack that they also call their best pinning combo. I hate to see defensive falls, but they happen. In my opinion, the official was focused on scoring the takedown correctly and not watching for the pin...which by rule, happened.

Good match, a bit surprised by the results, but that keeps it exciting.

Good luck the rest of the way, sans beating PSU guys at Nationals!

Five matches ended with bonus points, 2 OSU 3 PSU, four matches down to the wire 1 OSU 3 PSU . Need to win the close ones. It's ridiculous to criticize the coaching staff. If we were not in the top 10 then they might deserve some heat.

Poor, Poor performance. Smith deserves some heat. 10 years since winning a title. Is he too comfortable? I'm not trying to start a controversy, but he needs to do better.

Active Coaches who have won NCAA Division 1 Team Championships.
John Smith and Cael Sanderson 5 each
Jim Zalesky and Tom Brands 3 each
Tom Ryan 1
Unless i am missing someone (J Rob is retired)

Zalesky got his 3 right after Gable stepped down with Gables recruits, Tom Brands redshirted basically everyone his first year at Virginia Tech and brought everyone with him (He basically had Virginia Tech AND Iowa teams COMBINED) And Tom Ryan has 1 team title, but he has his highly ranked guys duck people to keep their ranking/seeding, which sucks for fans.

There is NO ONE who can replace Smith and keep the team at the same level, losing him risks Oklahoma State becoming like former powers Oklahoma and Iowa state meaning lots of years with mediocre teams.

Get the thought of putting heat (I guess you are implying finding someone else) out of your head.

Yeah, if you guys are going to act like women and disect every word to start an argument, then please, stay away. That is also why I like our site, honesty and good conversation are the norm. Which is heads and shoulders above the Nittany Lion forum in my opinion. I wish it had more traffic, but it beats the giant group of cry babies you guys have.

Also, I will make one comment about the reaction to my previous comment.

Gulibon didn't earn that pin, he was trying to earn a TD. There isn't one Wrestler in the country that has a leg attack that they also call their best pinning combo. I hate to see defensive falls, but they happen. In my opinion, the official was focused on scoring the takedown correctly and not watching for the pin...which by rule, happened.
I did not dissect anything. You said he had him pinned but in your mind he (Gulibon) was underserving of the call. I was wondering the logic enabling the conclusion. You answered. I disagree. It isn't like Heil accidently rolled onto his back. Jimmy put him into that situation. I also give the ref the benefit of the doubt if it happens once and he missed it. When it happens repeatedly and at least twice for what appeared to be longer than a second or two and the ref is then just ignoring it - that is bad refereeing.

I did not argue the put down of the BWI board, I ask for clarification. You answered.

Here is one difference I have noticed about the BWI board versus this board, or HR or Lehigh's or Cornell's - very few on BWI stoop to the go away card. That is not necessarily true on other boards. That's a shame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT