ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Biden endorses "Burn it down", taking down statues, revising history, rioting, all that..

I contend they are just as responsible if not more so than your hallowed “legacy of slavery.”
Okay, I can easily explain how a legacy of slavery can have disparate effects across races.
Black people were slaves, and were not allowed to accumulate any of the fruit of their labor as capital. White people were slave owners and were able to accumulate to fruits of their slave's labor as capital.
Now explain how race neutral welfare policies can have a disparate effect on races.

Reactions: davidallen
It may not, but it is worth a try. I try to work from a consensus where possible.
I just think we’d be better off if you’d state your facts up front rather than trying to “lead” me to them. State your facts and we’ll see if they’re agreed upon.

I just think we’d be better off if you’d state your facts up front rather than trying to “lead” me to them. State your facts and we’ll see if they’re agreed upon.
Black people were slaves, and were not allowed to accumulate any of the fruit of their labor as capital. White people were slave owners and were able to accumulate to fruits of their slave's labor as capital.
Eligibility for welfare is independent of race.
Agreed?

Okay, I can easily explain how a legacy of slavery can have disparate effects across races.
Now explain how race neutral welfare policies can have a disparate effect on races.
Slavery undoubtedly causes a disparity in wealth between the slave and the slave owner. You get no argument about that from me. But at some generational point that argument diminishes and eventually dies away. I argue that point has been reached.

Slavery undoubtedly causes a disparity in wealth between the slave and the slave owner. You get no argument about that from me. But at some generational point that argument diminishes and eventually dies away. I argue that point has been reached.
This has been fun. But now I have to go make a sales pitch, so I have to step away. Wish me luck!

Not calling in the national guard 30 years ago to over police these communities and try to keep them safe.

not funding tech schools and incentivizing enrollment.

watching rich schools put in three pools while poor schools can’t keep the heat on.

defunding the police

Letting section 8 housing turn into the equivalent of South American slums

not supporting closing the border to latinos who are exploited off the books and take away jobs from Americans.

not starting local wpa programs

Republicans don’t care about blacks. Democrats actively try to harm them.
Yes mayors should have done something about the border! Dastardly democratic mayors.

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs should have been mandated by the government to have black friends when coming up with Microsoft and Apple.
I do wonder why those guys had so few black friends.

Not if capital grows faster than labor income. If it does the disparity increases over time, instead of diminishing.

Yes mayors should have done something about the border! Dastardly democratic mayors.

What did I say they should have done? Check the list and tell me how a mayor isn’t capable of doing what I said.

pretty pathetic that your only response was that weak ass misdirection.

What did I say they should have done? Check the list and tell me how a mayor isn’t capable of doing what I said.

pretty pathetic that your only response was that weak ass misdirection.
You are right the mayors should have called in the national guard and upped the votech.

You've turned into Syskatine with zero personality.

Pretty sad that you can't define something that you think is a yuge problem. Kinda like that white privilege problem, eh? Squawk, davey is a cracker.
You are smarter than that. Choosing not to play your silly game is in no way indicative of a lack of knowledge or ability to articulate a POV.

But you keep deflecting - you do you.

Last edited:
Shauna is expecting number four. She has an Obama cell phone. The government pays her for having number one, two, three and four and her cell phone. Government pays for her Texas Gold Card. She can't marry or live with any of the three fathers. She'll lose benefits. This is the "Great Society."

This is not classical mechanics. There's nothing hard here.

Reactions: iasooner1
Shauna is expecting number four. She has an Obama cell phone. The government pays her for having number one, two, three and four and her cell phone. Government pays for her Texas Gold Card. She can't marry or live with any of the three fathers. She'll lose benefits. This is the "Great Society."

This is not classical mechanics. There's nothing hard here.
My friend Karen is the same way.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
Oh zing. Can mayors ask governors for help or not?
The democrats are actively and intentionally holding blacks back by having mayors that don't ask governors to send in the national guard.

David, I ave been reading with interest your tete a tete with Medic. I feel compelled to say you’ve been disingenuous throughout. You’ve asked us to admit there is widespread systemic racism in America, but have been unwilling to tell us what systemic racism is. How can you expect a legitimate answer?
There is a body of work describing systemic/institutional racism that I have no desire to repeat for Medic. He knows this. As an assist to you I will provide a definition that I think is accurate - it is largely the work of others, I make no claim of original authorship of these ideas but as I have asserted believe they accurately describe a present condition in American society:

Systemic racism is the bias against particular peoples originating less from any one individual and more from the policies and practices of a society. These policies are not individualized, rather they are the standards of those who operate in the society. There is much less scrutiny or recognition of the bias that result from systemic racism given the tradition or history of these practices. Obvious examples include "whites only bathrooms" or segregated schools. Not all systemic racism is so obvious though - subtle examples derive from upstream causes such as under representation in decision making or political forums. It is much easier for a private company or corporation to skirt environmental laws when the local town doesn't have economic or political resources to expose bad practices. The result is higher death rates due to cancer in those communities. Those communities are disproportionately black say in Warren County, NC.

That is my definition and one example of systemic racism. Feel free to tell me the Dims did it, or the problem isn't solvable by government or that communities of color have to figure it out, or whatever comes to mind. Just don't deny that such conditions exist. That would just be foolish.

I sincerely appreciate those who believe/hope that in time all things will equal out. Data suggests the opposite is true, that in fact the generational effect increases advantage and disadvantage in equal measure. Look at the previously cited wealth gap, look at COVID health outcomes, and many other examples. This is not an easy problem. It is not a problem that solves itself.

Last edited:
It's your list. You want to take deploying the National Guard off or what?

I know that you know that I know how national guards work. I also know that you know that I know that mayors have telephones and could have begged for assistance over the last several decades.

I know that you know that I know how national guards work. I also know that you know that I know that mayors have telephones and could have begged for assistance over the last several decades.
So we need to expand the list to Dem Mayors AND Governors who heartlessly ignored the pleadings of Mayors?

On the Tech School front, should we include the heartless State Reps that failed to provide funding as well? Last I checked a fair amount of that funding flows back down from the Federalistas - is Betsy also on the hook for denying funding of schools for at risk learners in Chicago?

I have asserted believe they accurately describe a present condition in American society:
With zero to back it up besides the usual talking points butied in a past that no longer exists. See below...

Obvious examples include "whites only bathrooms" or segregated schools.

Those communities are disproportionately black say in Warren County, NC.

It's not a secret, dave. You share the same superficial talking points that the left hands out. You probably think government affirmative action was a great policy done by the great liberals of the civil rights era and that it has worked well.

Carry on.

Good luck Dan, I hope all your dreams come true.
Why, thank you, Pilt! But I believe those dreams are far in the past. I’m certain I’ll never set the world record in the mile run no matter how badly I wish I could!

Affirmative action has helped in making blacks lazy and has divided us.

I want to beat Medic007 straight up on a civil service test. I don't want to beat him because I've been awarded points before we sharpen our pencils.

I beat Medic007 77-75 after being awarded points before we're tested and get the postal position. We're never going to be friends.

Penn State used to have a program. A stupid program. A white and a black student shared a dorm room. Both completed a semester with a 2.5 GPA. The black student was awarded a stipend for his academic achievement. The white student watched his father work the West Virginia coal mines to pay Penn St. tuition.

Result. Penn St created a white bigot.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT