ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Biden endorses "Burn it down", taking down statues, revising history, rioting, all that..

Serious responses only please
GTFOH with all that. Just because you don't think it is a good solution - fine. But what I do know is that what I'm proposing would solve a lot of problems - and not just for the black community.

GTFOH with all that. Just because you don't think it is a good solution - fine. But what I do know is that what I'm proposing would solve a lot of problems - and not just for the black community.
Completely unserious

You obviously have different goals here. You expect equal outcomes. That's totally unrealistic. As such, all of your solutions are as well.
Why should the races have unequal outcomes? Are the races unequal?

Why should the races have unequal outcomes? Are the races unequal?
The fvck? That's not what I said at all. You obviously aren't serious about any of this and are just trolling. So, you're right. Serious replies only. And you aren't that.

The fvck? That's not what I said at all. You obviously aren't serious about any of this and are just trolling. So, you're right. Serious replies only. And you aren't that.
What do you think the racial wealth gap is?

Ho hum.......

1516247009655.gif

Reactions: Ostatedchi
What do you think the racial wealth gap is?
Mostly predicated on home ownership. Of course, subsidized urban housing projects kinda killed a lot of that.
Again, get rid of the government social safety net and a lot of this resolves itself in a generation. They always have the opposite long term effect that the politicians intended.

Mostly predicated on home ownership. Of course, subsidized urban housing projects kinda killed a lot of that.
Again, get rid of the government social safety net and a lot of this resolves itself in a generation. They always have the opposite long term effect that the politicians intended.
It's unequal outcomes

Equal outcomes isn't the goal here. The goal is to remove the impediments that prevent people from succeeding. That impediment is the promotional of generational poverty through a lifetime of government handouts.

Remove that barrier and those that are successful are the ones that make the best choices.
It is not, not in the micro. However in the macro, it should even out.Socio economic starting points result in drastically similar outcomes - needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
Blah, deflect, blah. You do you Medic.
David, I ave been reading with interest your tete a tete with Medic. I feel compelled to say you’ve been disingenuous throughout. You’ve asked us to admit there is widespread systemic racism in America, but have been unwilling to tell us what systemic racism is. How can you expect a legitimate answer?

I for one do not believe there is systemic racism in America if racism is defined as a belief that one race is superior to another, and therefore has an obligation to dominate the inferior race. I do believe that racism as so defined was prevalent in my youth in the 1950’s. But I credit my generation for putting that to an end in the 60’s and early 70’s.

I would be more willing to say there is systemic prejudice in America, defining prejudice as the belief that one race is superior to another, but omitting the section that calls for domination. Prejudice means to pre-judge. I have little doubt that many if not most people, regardless of race, pre-judge a person they are meeting for the first time. I doubt that is a characteristic of the human race that will be overcome any time soon. And it sure as hell is not something that can be rectified by government mandate.

You aren't very convincing
Why do you think you can solve the root of the issue with out first tearing down the structures that caused it? Those well intentioned social programs are the root of the issue. Remove them, let things get back to balance. Then adjust where needed if there is a program that you think would assist.

Pretty simple really.

Why do you think you can solve the root of the issue with out first tearing down the structures that caused it? Those well intentioned social programs are the root of the issue. Remove them, let things get back to balance. Then adjust where needed if there is a program that you think would assist.

Pretty simple really.
We already tore out slavery, red lining, and Jim Crow. The only thing left is the war on drugs and the criminal justice system.

You have made no case for social programs being the root of the issue. It is a ridiculous claim that requires more than some one just confidently stating it for me to take it seriously.

Reactions: davidallen
Social programs breed laziness and apathy. Why work when you can get money from the government for not doing anything. Even better, let them pop out kids to increase the benefits, which the kids themselves won’t see a penny of that money. More kids, more money.

If we only had a president that was making meaningful criminal reforms and pumping billions into minority businesses.

Social programs breed laziness and apathy. Why work when you can get money from the government for not doing anything. Even better, let them pop out kids to increase the benefits, which the kids themselves won’t see a penny of that money. More kids, more money.
Wow surprised to see that you admit all of that.

We already tore out slavery, red lining, and Jim Crow. The only thing left is the war on drugs and the criminal justice system.

You have made no case for social programs being the root of the issue. It is a ridiculous claim that requires more than some one just confidently stating it for me to take it seriously.
I'm not going to type out a thesis backed with references just to satisfy you. You'd not read it anyways.

But I'll tackle these that have been written for us already.

• Homeownership - The data in this report clearly target homeownership as the biggest driver of the racial wealth gap. We need to ensure that mortgage and lending policies and fair housing policies are enforced and strengthened so that the legacy of residential segregation no longer confers greater wealth opportunities to white homeowners than it does to black homeowners. As our nation moves towards a majority people of color population, increasingly diverse neighborhoods must deliver equitable opportunities for growing home equity.
• Income - This report identifies the importance of stable, family-supporting jobs and increasing incomes as a prime avenue for building wealth. To address the gap caused by income disparity, proven tools should be fully implemented at the national, state, and local levels, including raising the minimum wage, enforcing equal pay provisions, and strengthening employer-based retirement plans and other benefits.
• Education - It is clear that differential educational opportunities and rewards are further widening the racial wealth gap. We need to invest in affordable high-quality childcare and early childhood development so every child is healthy and prepared for school. We need to support policies that help more students from low-and moderate-income families and families of color attend college and graduate. And we need to value education as a public good and invest in policies that do not leave students strapped with huge debt or a reason to drop out.
• Inheritance - Due to the unearned advantages it transmits across generations, inheritance widens inequality and is a key driver of the racial wealth gap. If we truly value merit and not unearned preferences, then we need to diminish the advantages passed along to a small number of families. Preferential tax treatment for large estates costs taxpayers and provides huge benefits to less than 1 percent of the population while diverting vital resources from schools, housing, infrastructure, and jobs. Preferential tax treatment for -6- dividends and interests are weighted toward wealthy investors as is the home mortgage deduction and tax shielding benefits from retirement savings.

Homeownership is down due to urban housing initiatives that de-incentivizing how ownership. Time to end them. That'll drive people to eventually purchase homes instead of renting.
Income is a result of driving blue collar jobs out of America through high regulation and taxation. Reduce those and blue collar jobs will return.
Education funding is an issue all over. I'm not a fan of vouchers as they just take public money away from public education. I'm open to reforms here.
Inheritance, I'm totally opposed to confiscation and redistribution. I've worked hard in order to make my children's lives slightly easier. I think the easier answer here is to equalize education, that results in better paying jobs, that leads to home ownership, that leads to having something left over to pass down in inheritance.

Is there a secret welfare for just black people?
HUD.

Straight from the HUD site.. Public housing serves black households at a rate substantially greater than their share of the renter population. Forty-eight percent of public housing households are black compared to only 19 percent of all renter households.6 Taking income into account does not alter this conclusion, since only 30 percent of households with incomes low enough to qualify for public housing are black.

Homeownership is down due to urban housing initiatives that de-incentivizing how ownership. Time to end them. That'll drive people to eventually purchase homes instead of renting.
Any evidence at all that "urban housing initiatives de-incentivize home ownership" rather than enable home ownership by allowing savings to be accumulated for a down payment? Any thoughts on why urban housing initiatives have this uniquely negative impact on the black community. As far as I can tell it is income not race based. Why does it not have the same disincentivizing effect on white people?

Income is a result of driving blue collar jobs out of America through high regulation and taxation. Reduce those and blue collar jobs will return.
There are a ton of blue collar jobs in America, its just that all the unions have been busted and the pay is shit now. Why does a supposed lack of blue collar jobs uniquely affect black people? Do white collar jobs discriminate against black people?

Inheritance, I'm totally opposed to confiscation and redistribution. I've worked hard in order to make my children's lives slightly easier. I think the easier answer here is to equalize education, that results in better paying jobs, that leads to home ownership, that leads to having something left over to pass down in inheritance.
lol like I said completely unserious.

HUD.

Straight from the HUD site.. Public housing serves black households at a rate substantially greater than their share of the renter population. Forty-eight percent of public housing households are black compared to only 19 percent of all renter households.6 Taking income into account does not alter this conclusion, since only 30 percent of households with incomes low enough to qualify for public housing are black.
Do you have to be black to get public housing?

So you obviously don't want to have a conversation. Good enough. I'll disengage and just continue to work against your efforts because I know they won't work. And you do the same. That's a great stance for both of us to take.

Well done, you won an internet debate.

Reparations have been paid. Was it $4 trillion? Prior to the "Great Society" black fathers went home to their families after work all over the country. No longer.

The Democrats' affirmative action programs helped to make black Americans lazier and divided us.

Clinton's "Three Strikes, You're Out" was devastating to black America. Obama talked repeal. "Racist" Trump acted.

Ostatechi gets it.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT