ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Scuffle!

Bigtime performance by G against a guy who is seriously two weights bigger than him haha!

Got hit with a hands to the face and should have had the 4 instead of 2 off the cradle but still got the W.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Pretty impressive performance IMO, especially considering we are down 4 starters at this point.

Reactions: osu2082
John is the best in the business at watching his guy wrestle an opponent, seeing what will work next time, and then training him to beat that guy the next time. See Chris Perry and Andrew Howe. Andrew has pretty much total control against Chris in the dual, but Chris came back in the Big 12 Finals and NCAA Finals for the win.

He’ll figure out Gable. Easily.

Super proud of
Proud for Smith getting 3rd at 184
Joe joe did damn good today just came up short Vs Hall.
Picc , Fix , G fel and White damn good showing boys and came away Champs.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
John is the best in the business at watching his guy wrestle an opponent, seeing what will work next time, and then training him to beat that guy the next time. See Chris Perry and Andrew Howe. Andrew has pretty much total control against Chris in the dual, but Chris came back in the Big 12 Finals and NCAA Finals for the win.

He’ll figure out Gable. Easily.
Perry’s adjustments vs Howe was a thing of beauty.

I’m a PSU fan and every time I watch GFeller he wins. I’ve watched Boo plenty as well and seen him take some ugly losses.

How is G the backup? Have they ever wrestled in an actual match and been in same tourney together or just the room?

I guess what I’m saying is I’ve always been impressed with G and not so much Boo. Are my eyes lying?

When Boo comes back I guess Boo goes up to 157?

Can’t take G out of lineup, he’s a competitor. Great win in final against a tough Finesilver. Was hoping to see Berge vs G

Curious of the thoughts from you guys

Super proud of
Proud for Smith getting 3rd at 184
Joe joe did damn good today just came up short Vs Hall.
Picc , Fix , G fel and White damn good showing boys and came away Champs.
Jacobe was 4th. Still a darn good showing for first time up.

We are really getting banged up. Not sure if Kaid will need to miss any time, but his immediate backup - Mike Magaldo - MFF'd out of Reno with what looked to be a knee injury. And G would need around 4 weeks to make the drop to 141 based on NCAA descent rules, so we are getting a little thin.

Hopefully all these injuries aren't too severe.

Hypothetical if G were to move to 41. How does he stack up against Lee and other top guys for those in the know?

I’m a PSU fan and every time I watch GFeller he wins. I’ve watched Boo plenty as well and seen him take some ugly losses.

How is G the backup? Have they ever wrestled in an actual match and been in same tourney together or just the room?

I guess what I’m saying is I’ve always been impressed with G and not so much Boo. Are my eyes lying?

When Boo comes back I guess Boo goes up to 157?

Can’t take G out of lineup, he’s a competitor. Great win in final against a tough Finesilver. Was hoping to see Berge vs G

Curious of the thoughts from you guys
Both are very good, G is small at 149 but definitely a winner. I have a Penn State question, where was Teasdale? Flo said he was wrestling for Penn State but I did not see him compete.

Reactions: pish69
Both are very good, G is small at 149 but definitely a winner. I have a Penn State question, where was Teasdale? Flo said he was wrestling for Penn State but I did not see him compete.
sounds like originally entered, never weighed in so speculation was either didn't/couldn't make weight or withdrew before weigh ins for other reason

Hypothetical if G were to move to 41. How does he stack up against Lee and other top guys for those in the know?
They wrestled each other in the finals of the Scuffle last year and G pinned Lee at 141.G moving to 141 pre-supposes that Kaid is out for the year. Just watching him during the match and after its finish it did not appear to be a major injury but hard to really tell. Kaid has not wrestled up to his past performances this year and if a previous poster,possibly a family member, is to be believed he has another lingering injury. I like G at 149 this year and with work in the weight room over the off season he may grow into 157 IMO. He had an outstanding tournament at the Scuffle.

Reactions: topc22blue

Am a fan and supporter of brock but wonder if our strongest lineup for March wouldn't be G at 41 and Boo at 49.

Rodgers looked great up until that semi, and he got robbed at the end of that match. Looking forward to see him roll with Vencanzo.

Reactions: osu2082
Am a fan and supporter of brock but wonder if our strongest lineup for March wouldn't be G at 41 and Boo at 49.
I think G looks fine at 49 and no one knows Boo's status. Re watched Brock's last match and say nothing so maybe just had some swelling following and being cautious.

Where was Shomers? Do we see Boo at 157?

Shomers also MFF'd out of Reno like Magaldo. He got pinned off camera and then got up slowly and walked off the mat.

Shomers and Magaldo were also both originally listed as registered for the Scuffle, but then didn't enter. Hopefully that means the team was just being cautious.

Just my opinion, but I think 157 would be worse on Boo's shoulder.

Mike Mal said on the stream he talked to John a couple weeks back and he said don't expect to see Bo or Preston any time soon.

Let’s give Jonce some credit he did hold Nolf to only a major. Not too many of nolfs opponents can say that

Let’s give Jonce some credit he did hold Nolf to only a major. Not too many of nolfs opponents can say that
Against Nolf to not be pinned or teched means you really have to battle and fight especially if you are not a top 4 157 rated wrestler.

amazing how quickly we forget two top 5 finishes. Not sure Kaid is designed for 141 at this point, though, and see your point.
Truth is in competition Kaden has looked better this year than Kaid. Plus he is a freshman and his ceiling appears higher then Kaid's. Obviously Kaid has proven himself Nationally to be a very good wrestler but not great wrestler. Kaden has yet to prove that (Nationals).

ADVERTISEMENT