ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Scuffle!

Blaylock gets majored but survived. Rogers won by pin, Joe Smith won a close decision. Jacobe struggled and lost. Jacobe wrestled like a HWT trying to stall until the end. Hopefully he figures out how to wrestle 84 and use his speed and explosiveness.

Geer wins by fall in 5:18.

White up 4-1 in the 1st.

Jacob did not look good wrestling today. Did not seem horsepower was the problem just didn’t wrestle well. Looks like some real good bouts for tomorrow.

Hoping chandler gives marsteller some payback from last years NCAAs. Also looking forward to white in semi and hopefully final with lions probable in both bouts. He has been impressive thus far

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
Agree about Jacobe, it looks like his strength advantage is being negated at 184.

Reminds me of Chris Chionuma a few years back. He was also a natural 174 that was forced up to 184 because Perry was there.

I agree on both. HIs strength is a big advantage at 174, not so much at 184.

Still some time for him. This is first tournament up and there will be a physical and mental adjustment period. Also probably dealing with some internal disappointment with how things shook out.

He was a low end AA candadite at 174 and think he can be in that same mold at 184.

I believe that 2082 is correct consos 9 am and semis at 11 am CDT. We are 10 points behind Penn State in the team race and Iowa St is 3rd but 40 pts behind us.

Yeah, I think Jacobe at 184 is going to take some adjustment time. Joe has looked really, really good though.

Hopefully today is fun. Chance and Chandler should be a blast but I would give the edge to Chance.

McFadden and Smith should be a good measuring stick for where Joe is at. McFadden might be a little much for him but hopefully Joe holds his own.

White also has a tough one.

Those are three really tough matches.

Yeah, I think Jacobe at 184 is going to take some adjustment time. Joe has looked really, really good though.

Hopefully today is fun. Chance and Chandler should be a blast but I would give the edge to Chance.

McFadden and Smith should be a good measuring stick for where Joe is at. McFadden might be a little much for him but hopefully Joe holds his own.

Watching Chance's qrt match its hard to see how Chandler will be able to break thru his size & technique, just doesn't look like his usual stuff will work, he's gotta be patient but keep the pace up. Chance was tying his shoe at least twice during the qrt match so maybe the 7 min problem still exists.

Joe has what is takes to win but he needs to bring more intensity in the McFadden match.

Derek needs to keep doing what he's been doing.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Watching Chance's qrt match its hard to see how Chandler will be able to break thru his size & technique, just doesn't look like his usual stuff will work, he's gotta be patient but keep the pace up. Chance was tying his shoe at least twice during the qrt match so maybe the 7 min problem still exists.

Joe has what is takes to win but he needs to bring more intensity in the McFadden match.

Derek needs to keep doing what he's been doing.

All great points. Honestly if we could win one of these but be competitive in all of them I would probably be happy.

wow, Daton with the TF, but even more so Gomez pinned RBY. Should gain some ground there.

wow, Daton with the TF, but even more so Gomez pinned RBY. Should gain some ground there.
Does not really matter because we are about to see murders row and we will be out of the team race soon. For us it is about individuals doing well. I really would like to see us do well this round in the upper weights especially would like to see Joe Smith doing well.

Does not really matter because we are about to see murders row and we will be out of the team race soon. For us it is about individuals doing well. I really would like to see us do well this round in the upper weights especially would like to see Joe Smith doing well.
while i don't disagree, if we would win ours, it would keep us close.-especially if you take away the double points at 157.

No disappointment with Joe wrestling an excellent in control dominant match against a very good opponent.

I think Joseph held his own.

Rogers loses dec. 3-1 with a last second takedown
IMO Chandler wrestled the perfect match, he was wearing him out but Marsteller got the 4 time outs, he is still not a 7 minute wrestler, looked like those nose plugs just somehow happened to keep falling out :(

I didn't realize Greer's opponent was ranked so high. Good test for him too.

I didn't realize Greer's opponent was ranked so high. Good test for him too.
I still thought it was a poor match by Geer with his opponent struggling standing up and he did not take advantage. Very smart under control match by White beating Nevill's.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT