ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Scuffle!

I missed the first two periods of White's match. Did he get a 1st period take down and ride out. When I tuned it it was the third period and White had a 2-0 lead with two minutes of riding time. Take down or two penalty points was the only way to get there.

I missed the first two periods of White's match. Did he get a 1st period take down and ride out. When I tuned it it was the third period and White had a 2-0 lead with two minutes of riding time. Take down or two penalty points was the only way to get there.
Takedown in the first and rode him out. Nevills went down in the second and Derek rode him out. Chose down in the third with the escape

Half of our starting lineup either did not enter the tournament or has injury defaulted out. I thought Shomers and Boo were going to wrestle, but if it was a toss-up as to whether they were ready, glad they stayed home as the injuries are killing us.

Last edited:
'Boys,

Just a quick note to say that I've really enjoyed watching how aggressively and offensively minded your wrestlers have been at the Scuffle.

74 and 285 ought to be interesting indeed tonight. Sorry we're missing out on 33, but I think Daton would have taken RBY for a ride...at this point at least.

Best of luck.

Wow Joe was right in there with Hall. Was in deep twice on the only two real shots until Joe got a little sloppy on a half shot which Hall countered for a TD to win (Joe dove for a leg to try and save the TD and got hit with a quick 2 count).

Big measuring stick for Joe and he looks like he will be squarely in the NC picture come March.

Jacobe will need to work on his technical wrestling and getting cleaner shots up a weight. His ability to use brute force and strength won't translate as well at 184.

Now I also think he will continue to grow into the weight physically so maybe some of that power can still be consistently effective.

Jacobe will need to work on his technical wrestling and getting cleaner shots up a weight. His ability to use brute force and strength won't translate as well at 184.

Now I also think he will continue to grow into the weight physically so maybe some of that power can still be consistently effective.
he has to wrestle smarter at 184, there was no reason to try to do anything more with the first takedown, once opponent draped over, stalemat & back to your feet where you have speed advantage

Reactions: osu2082
Nice performance by White in a tight contest. Learning experience for Cassar. In a rematch, I'd think Cassar would be more aggressive from the start. Still, impressed by White.

Nice performance by White in a tight contest. Learning experience for Cassar. In a rematch, I'd think Cassar would be more aggressive from the start. Still, impressed by White.

Possibly. Both were tentative and their similar styles IMO will keep the rematch low scoring as well.

Reactions: derek_state
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT