ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Scuffle!

Derek’s wins did a lot for his seeding at NCAA’s. With his only loss being Gable and his next biggest matchup coming against Iowa. It will be interesting to see if Iowa send Stoll out against Gable in a couple weeks. Dhesi’s biggest test all year might be little Nevills at Fresno.

Reactions: osu2082
Some big matches coming up for a couple of our guys next weekend

Picc gets his shot at Glory, and Gfeller gets #1 Kolodzik on Saturday. Then Daton gets a shot against Suriano the next day.

I LOVE PIC BUT HE HAS GOTTEN IN TROUBLE WITH SCRAMBLERS IN HIS CAREER. I WOULD GIVE GLORY THE EDGE BECAUSE OF HIS SCRAMBLING.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Derek’s wins did a lot for his seeding at NCAA’s. With his only loss being Gable and his next biggest matchup coming against Iowa. It will be interesting to see if Iowa send Stoll out against Gable in a couple weeks. Dhesi’s biggest test all year might be little Nevills at Fresno.
Dhesi got beat 10-4 by true freshman stud Mason Parris.

Being from Ohio, I was wondering if you had any insight/thoughts on Avon's Jordan Greer. Maybe a late bloomer?

Saw that he won Brecksville at 195, beating Ethan Hatcher in the finals. Hatcher placed at Ironman and Beast of the East, and gave AJ Ferrari a close match in the semis.

Brecksville is tough! Our local team which is no slouch and has 5 kids on D-1 rosters right now and a returning NAIA champ, only placed one kid this year. That win probably isn’t even Greer’s top win of the season, he beat Matthew Cover in SV, Cover was a cadet finalist at 195 this summer. Greer is a bit of a late bloomer, he only qualified for state last year as an alternate, but Northeast Ohio is tough, 16 kids make state here 4 regionals.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Brecksville is tough! Our local team which is no slouch and has 5 kids on D-1 rosters right now and a returning NAIA champ, only placed one kid this year. That win probably isn’t even Greer’s top win of the season, he beat Matthew Cover in SV, Cover was a cadet finalist at 195 this summer. Greer is a bit of a late bloomer, he only qualified for state last year as an alternate, but Northeast Ohio is tough, 16 kids make state here 4 regionals.

I read he dedicated more time to training this past off season and now he's undefeated. Has he committed anywhere? Would he make sense for OSU?

Truth is in competition Kaden has looked better this year than Kaid. Plus he is a freshman and his ceiling appears higher then Kaid's. Obviously Kaid has proven himself Nationally to be a very good wrestler but not great wrestler. Kaden has yet to prove that (Nationals).
Just curious (really do not know)...what top kids has Gfeller faced in order to say that his ceiling is higher than a returning 2x All-American?

I get Kaid appears to be struggling a little more than last year at this higher weight, but he’s proven. He’s legit. Pinning a returning National Champion in his first match as a Cowboy is legendary stuff.

Definitely not a knock on Kaden. Just curious what matches you’re using to make that statement.

Glory has been turned by tilts . Picc will get a chance on top and will score and win.

I am kind of with northmarion. Picc did get turned by the same guy an pinned the second time he wrestled him (does that make picc weak on bottom). glory has looked tough this year and his only two college losses are to spencer lee. not sure picc ever rode out lee for a whole period. it will be a tough task for picc

Glory is also a good scrambler, but I'll stick with Picc. 125 is getting interesting with Glory, Rivera, Vito & Mueller. But I'm still going with Picc vs Lee on Saturday night.

Reactions: BigD_cowboy
Just curious (really do not know)...what top kids has Gfeller faced in order to say that his ceiling is higher than a returning 2x All-American?

I get Kaid appears to be struggling a little more than last year at this higher weight, but he’s proven. He’s legit. Pinning a returning National Champion in his first match as a Cowboy is legendary stuff.

Definitely not a knock on Kaden. Just curious what matches you’re using to make that statement.
Mostly it is my subjective opinion based on general performances in matches of the 2 wrestlers. They seem to be wrestling at close to the same level although if I was to pick 1 performing better I would pick Gfeller. Big wins indicating a higher ceiling by Gfeller would be winning the Southern scuffle the last 2 years. Gfeller has beat 3 ranked opponents this year, Minnesota, Bakersfield and Dukes Finesilver rated 6th at 49. The 2 other reasons is in general redshirt freshmen tend to improve more than redshirt juniors over a 1 or 2 year period of time. Plus Kaid has been in the room at least 4 years and Kaden has been in our room for 2 years. Again I do not know this with certainty but if I was going to guess I would think that Kaden has a higher ceiling plus he is wrestling guys that are 1 weight class above him now.

Reactions: cachap5327
Kaid has girl problems I hear. As in wants to spend time with her and hunting and fishing on rich daddies land rather than focus on wrestling. He used to lock himself in wrestling room. One of two stories a source gave me a couple months back. The other might explain Joe Joe’s deal this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT