ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State

2 matches and we have 0 good performances. March from NDSU pinned Daton's opponent last week. His response to defensive wrestling has been poor the last 2 matches. Hard to believe from those 2 matches he took 2nd in the world. Also Mastro on bottom stands up and does nothing else. Hoping I guess that the ref will call stalling.

Reactions: OAMC99
2 matches and we have 0 good performances. March from NDSU pinned Daton's opponent last week. His response to defensive wrestling has been poor the last 2 matches. Hard to believe from those 2 matches he took 2nd in the world. Also Mastro on bottom stands up and does nothing else. Hoping I guess that the ref will call stalling.
3 matches and 0 good performances. The coaching staff and all of the wrestlers should be embarrassed by this weekend performances.

This has been embarrassing. This is somewhat good experience for the post season. ISU is very defensive on their feet. We simply can’t get up from the bottom.
That’s the dual so far. Not like ISU is overly impressive, just content to not get taken down and then ride us out.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Are my expectations too high for Daton Fix? I love the kid - great student athlete and representative of OSU. He loves being a Cowboy and we're lucky to have him. But why is he not more dominant? 23 years old and world silver medalist and he routinely settles for regular decisions. How is he not getting 5+ takedowns every match against average opponents? I don't get it.

Can we get an easy, bonus point win from someone please? Every match this weekend has been tight.

Reactions: bwel9339
Are my expectations too high for Daton Fix? I love the kid - great student athlete and representative of OSU. He loves being a Cowboy and we're lucky to have him. But why is he not more dominant? 23 years old and world silver medalist and he routinely settles for regular decisions. How is he not getting 5+ takedowns every match against average opponents? I don't get it.
He’s been pretty dominant this season. These last two matches are really the only ones that I feel like he settled.

When wrestlers are allowed to cover up in the down position, it is difficult to get extra points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT