ADVERTISEMENT

Journeyman

Vito just got beat by redshirt freshman from Lehigh
That's Ryan Crookham...Daton will probably face him at the dual in December.

Vito's loss is reminiscent of John's loss to Gil Sanchez in November '86. John was coming off a breakout freestyle season. They met in the NCAA final 4 months later and John won 17-4.

This is purely hypothetical along with a bunch of IF's, but this loss for Vito might end up being significant for Fix with seedings come NCAA tournament time. Obviously depending on the outcome of the season, but if Fix is able to stay undefeated and take the #1 seed that loss by Vito could potentially put him in the 2-3 seeding range where they could possible meet up in the semi's again. Just a bunch of speculation but its exciting to say the least with this shake up happening so early in the season.

This is purely hypothetical along with a bunch of IF's, but this loss for Vito might end up being significant for Fix with seedings come NCAA tournament time. Obviously depending on the outcome of the season, but if Fix is able to stay undefeated and take the #1 seed that loss by Vito could potentially put him in the 2-3 seeding range where they could possible meet up in the semi's again. Just a bunch of speculation but its exciting to say the least with this shake up happening so early in the season.
Actually, I see this as very probable

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Fix has to beat Crookham first. Film on that match should help Fix. However, the March version of Vito we saw last year doesn't matter where he is seeded.

Wonder what Lehigh will do. McGonagle was ranked 6th at 133 for Lehigh and Crookham beat him as well. They are probably trying to figure out how to fit both of them into the lineup. Hines has 141 pretty well nailed down. Will one of Crookham and McGonagle cut to 125?

Wonder what Lehigh will do. McGonagle was ranked 6th at 133 for Lehigh and Crookham beat him as well. They are probably trying to figure out how to fit both of them into the lineup. Hines has 141 pretty well nailed down. Will one of Crookham and McGonagle cut to 125?
Crookham is the guy.

McGonagle will go up to challenge Hines.

Rankings are based on this year’s performance only. The likelihood of of either Vito or fix losing again this year is not probable and that puts Vito and fix on the same side of the bracket at nationals. Not an ideal situation

• Haha
This is the reason why flow wrote a bit on why they took a unranked wrestler and placed him #1 because, crookham should have moved up significantly in the rankings, Vito should have dropped to #2 and fix should have moved to #1. They knew this was going to cause some problems

• Haha
Rankings are based on this year’s performance only. The likelihood of of either Vito or fix losing again this year is not probable and that puts Vito and fix on the same side of the bracket at nationals. Not an ideal situation
Fix and Vito should both face crookham later this season. If either if them beat him they become number 1. It only becomes complicated if they both beat Crookham, as Fix would be undefeated and Vito would not

Rankings take into account the previous season's results until enough data is accumulated in the same season.

Otherwise you just couldn't have rankings. Vito will see crookham potentially 2 more times and Fix can beat Vito at CKLV.

You're prognosticating something that is not an issue at all. Fix is in control of his situation this year. Beat Vito at CKLV and you're the one. Lose and if Vito beats Crookham (which is very likely) - then he's the 2.

Fix and Vito should both face crookham later this season. If either if them beat him they become number 1. It only becomes complicated if they both beat Crookham, as Fix would be undefeated and Vito would not
I don’t disagree. Crookham was an unknown quantity, due to being a freshman and at the beginning of the season. Most likely, he caught Vito off guard. I dont see the same thing happening twice nor do I see it happening to Daton. You just hope that gamesmanship doesn’t take place and they hold crookham out of their he matches when it’s time to wrestle either fix or Vito. That happens a lot in the earlier part of the season

• Haha
I don’t disagree. Crookham was an unknown quantity, due to being a freshman and at the beginning of the season. Most likely, he caught Vito off guard. I dont see the same thing happening twice nor do I see it happening to Daton. You just hope that gamesmanship doesn’t take place and they hold crookham out of their he matches when it’s time to wrestle either fix or Vito. That happens a lot in the earlier part of the season
Can't hold him out of EIWAs

Crookham just beat the #1 and #6 guys at the weight. I have zero problems with someone placing him at #1 at this point in the season.
so, let’s say he loses to Vito eiwas, but never wrestles fix, where would that put fix in the rankings? I understand, he had a heck of a beginning but to take an unranked freshman and put him a head of fix, is insulting and in “my opinion” was a knee jerk reaction to the heat of the moment. If he had beat both Vito and fix, that would have been a different story. #6 rank win is not Daton fix

• Haha
Does anyone know if our starters are going to get any matches in before CKLV? I don't care for how they did this schedule with only 1 dual and then a huge tournament with a bunch of quality teams. Seems like they probably need more mat time, especially the younger guys with Spratley, Jamison, Thompson, Williams or Travis.

• Haha
Does anyone know if our starters are going to get any matches in before CKLV? I don't care for how they did this schedule with only 1 dual and then a huge tournament with a bunch of quality teams. Seems like they probably need more mat time, especially the younger guys with Spratley, Jamison, Thompson, Williams or Travis.
These guys don't need "mat time" they've been wrestling high level matches for a long time. It's probably a good idea to be more rested, healthy for what is by far the toughest tournament other than NCAAs.

Reactions: gyppoke and JAY45
I thought when John Smith was talking to the media he stated a bunch of wrestlers will be at that St. Louis Tournament.

I can see I am digging myself a hole
You could make a case that Flo has an overreactive ranking style. Took an unranked guy and moved him to #1 after a great showing. Moving him to #3 behind Vito (still 1) & Daton (still 2) would have made just as much sense -- that's how Wrestlestat handled it. Not a huge deal though, it will all get worked out.

I thought when John Smith was talking to the media he stated a bunch of wrestlers will be at that St. Louis Tournament.
Lindenwood is on the Trackwrestling schedule for 11/18. No one is registered for OSU yet.

Reactions: tom_v31
You could make a case that Flo has an overreactive ranking style. Took an unranked guy and moved him to #1 after a great showing. Moving him to #3 behind Vito (still 1) & Daton (still 2) would have made just as much sense -- that's how Wrestlestat handled it. Not a huge deal though, it will all get worked out.

Lindenwood is on the Trackwrestling schedule for 11/18. No one is registered for OSU yet.
whole team

Reactions: Wrassler17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT