ADVERTISEMENT

GOT S8 Thread

There is a difference between white walkers and others. The others are reincarnated foot soldiers. The others are turned while alive and seem to be much more powerful and a part of the inner circle.

There is a lot wrong here. You already pointed out that your first sentence was incorrect. In addition, the others are not reincarnated foot soldiers...those are wights. Your last sentence is accurate.

There is a lot wrong here. You already pointed out that your first sentence was incorrect. In addition, the others are not reincarnated foot soldiers...those are wights. Your last sentence is accurate.
Lol I know. Forget my terminology. I know it’s important, but I f’d that up bad. The point was the Night King and his posse are not the same as the reincarnated. Others / white walkers are different than wights.

Lol I know. Forget my terminology. I know it’s important, but I f’d that up bad. The point was the Night King and his posse are not the same as the reincarnated. Others / white walkers are different than wights.
Which will become important here very soon when the Night King finally gets killed and all the wights simply collapse into corpses.

Which will become important here very soon when the Night King finally gets killed and all the wights simply collapse into corpses.

Killed???

bliwk2ytlbk21.jpg

So our second episode of setup. I appreciate the information given but deer lowered, we only have 4 episodes left to wrap up 6 years of questions. And we know the next episode is going to the battle of winterfell. So 3 episodes to finish it.

Liked this episode better. My complaint was that many of the reunions in episode 1 were pretty bland - especially Arya's. They made up for that in this episode. They moved a few plot lines along and set up for the big battle.

Is Gilly pregnant or did she just eat her way north?

Have to admit I got a bit choked up with Brienne's knighting.

Sansa and Reek was a good moment too. And to see the Queen's reaction was pretty good context.

Basically a lot of hellos and implied goodbyes being said in this episode to close out story lines.

Shocking moment of the season to date. Arya and Gentry hook up. Our little girl is all grown up. Also in a nice closing of the circle it give up the Stark Baratheon mating they tried so hard to arrange in season one and again with Sansa and Tyrion.

I feel like this somehow means Gentry is doomed to die with 24 hours however.

Last edited:
Anyone else think it is a really bad idea to hide in the crypts? Why wouldn't the Night King simply animate all the entombed and attack the folks sheltering there?

Reactions: Been Jammin
Anyone else think it is a really bad idea to hide in the crypts? Why wouldn't the Night King simply animate all the entombed and attack the folks sheltering there?

Doesn't he have to physically touch them to do so? If he gets that far its probably game over anyway.

Great episode, better than the first. I could have stood another hour of the scene by the fireplace. I think Arya may end up killing the NK with her spear.

Reactions: OSUIvan
I enjoyed the episode also. Better than the first. I just think the 2 episodes could have been condensed into 1 1.5 hour season premiere.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Best dialogue since the show left the novels behind. Those who wanted more action need to realize dialogue drove the show at its best. And we said goodbye to a lot of our favorite characters tonight.

Giantsbane story was classic.

Danerys needs to go. But I think she will be the end of Jon. One will probably have to kill the other.

Best dialogue since the show left the novels behind. Those who wanted more action need to realize dialogue drove the show at its best. And we said goodbye to a lot of our favorite characters tonight.

Giantsbane story was classic.

Danerys needs to go. But I think she will be the end of Jon. One will probably have to kill the other.
I’m not excited about it. I’m hesitant and sad already.

I think Danny will be the end of Jon as well. Not because she kills him but because he sacrifices himself to save her.

Any chance that Jon gets blasted with undead dragon fire - and survives? Would that make Danny fire and him ice?

Great episode. A few things lightning round style, probably already touched on. I could watch the group around the fire talk for probably an hour straight. Or forever. Just perfect, everything about it. The foreshadowing was laid on THICK. How many times did they talk about how safe the crypts were? Bye Greyworm, might as well have killed him this episode. Dany is being set up to be a villain at the end. She’s still playing the game of thrones as the WWs are literally at the gates. I’m not sure why Jon (or do we called him Aegon?) felt the need to tell her but her response was telling. Lastly, way to get yours Arya. She’s just a badass. There’s more I could talk about but those are my quick hits. Great episode especially considering the lack of action (which I’m personally ok with, but I know a lot of people aren’t).

I feel like the heard about to be seriously thinned.

I agree Greyworm for sure, as I said Gentry, Theon buys it protecting Bran for sure.

Most dramatically I feel like Sam's about to have a Holder moment. Possibly as the one who kills the knightking.

I don't think its Jon nor Dany time yet. They put too much into the R + L = J storyline to kill one of them immediately after they find out the truth. There's at least one full post battle episode dedicated to it although I agree one will be the death of the other.

How about this random scenario I conjured up....at the opportune moment, Daenerys, showing herself to be the true protege of the mad king, calls on Drogon (dracarys) to finish him off.....but Drogon, sensing Aegon as the true heir, lights up Dany instead.

Also wonder if Tyrion picked up any important information from Bran when they were having their fireside chat...

Last edited:
I was given this info .. finally getting to some longer shows
· Winterfell – 54 mins
· Episode two – 58 mins
· Episode three – 82 minutes
· Episode four – 78 minutes
· Episode five – 79 minutes
· Episode six – 79 minutes

Reactions: Been Jammin
564"]Correct, but we already know 1 show is going to be the Battle of Winterfell.

So unless they kill off 3/4 of the cast next week, there will be 3 shows to wrap it all up.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I figure there will be quite a few deaths. Most of the secondary characters (Dondarion, Grey Worm, Dolorous Edd, etc will die), along with some of more major characters.

I don't think Brienne dies. I'm betting Tormund sacrifices himself to save her, which allows her and Jaime to end up together.

The Hound probably survives so he can head south with all of the survivors and kill his brother (he probably dies shortly after from battle wounds).

I hadn't thought about the dead rising in the crypts. It now seems glaringly obvious. I'm surprised that none of the characters (Sam, Tyrion, Jon, Davos) thought of the possibility. Most of the dead are encased in stone, but maybe that is not the case in the lower levels of the crypts, so there will be skeletons coming up from below, and fighting up above, leaving them trapped.

Great show, this is the show ep 1 should have been.

Dany not happy with Sansa's North speech or Jon's reveal.

Crypts have dead bodies. Let's hide the softies in there from the guy who raises dead bodies. Best. Idea. Ever.

Dany has to survive for now; the Unsullied and Dothraki wouldn't fight for Jon against Cercei.

If only Targs can ride dragons, is the NK a Targ? (and therefore would he not technically be the oldest Targ male heir?)

At least we finally get an idea of what NK wants when Bran says he wants him. That whole thing about erasing history oddly makes sense. Maybe that's all the swirly pattern means.

Was Cercei not REALLY preggo when Jamie left and hopes Euron knocks her up so she can say it was Jamie's? But why if she's sent Bronn to kill them?

Brie dies for sure after that whole knighting thing; she's finally got the one thing she wanted all her life, so let's kill her off.

Arya looked like a lion that hadn't eaten in 2 years. When she found out he was Robert's bastard she was all, "Oh, yeah; decision made was a good one."

Sam lives; I still say he is the one telling the story. I also think Jorah and Hearthsbane play a huge part. I also love the quick moment between Jorah and Lyanna was great, reminding us of Jorah's history in the north and giving him a sort of reprieve from the family leader of his past.

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
In a vacuum I thought it was a great episode. As everyone else has said the knighting of Brienne was amazing. Everything Tormound does is gold.

The pacing of this show is just so weird. My big criticism since they've gotten past the books is that it all seems to rush from plot point to plot point leaving out the character stuff. I would have never guessed these last two episodes would have been basically nothing but character stuff.

I do think they've overdone the "we can't finish this vitally important conversation because someone just interrupted us" one too many times.

About the crypts, how many bodies are actually down there? We know Neds isn’t. Also, do we know the NK can redirect any dead body or does he have to be there when they die? Not disagreeing that that could definitely be an angle, just something that hasn’t been answered. The mysteries around the WWs are abound and I can’t see them being answered in 4 episodes. That’s probably going to be my biggest complaint.

Not at the battle north of the wall - Hard Home I think. He just stood on the peer and raised his hands and all the dead stood up.

I guess the question then becomes how close he has to be. I assume he still needs to get into the crypt. He can't just stand outside Winterfield and raise the dead. We will see but I agree there has been way too much foreshadowing of the crypt.

About the crypts, how many bodies are actually down there? We know Neds isn’t. Also, do we know the NK can redirect any dead body or does he have to be there when they die? Not disagreeing that that could definitely be an angle, just something that hasn’t been answered. The mysteries around the WWs are abound and I can’t see them being answered in 4 episodes. That’s probably going to be my biggest complaint.

Am I confused or wasn't there a whole plotline in season two of Littlefinger returning Ned's body using it to get close to Lady Stark?

Reactions: PDT816 and SSS!!!
If only Targs can ride dragons, is the NK a Targ? (and therefore would he not technically be the oldest Targ male heir?)

IMO, in the HBO version, if this is the case, no one knows it is the case. Otherwise, Dani would never have let Jon, who she loves, and who she thought was not a Targ, climb on her dragon's back. They also could have used it as more confirmation that R+L=J, but neither Jon nor Dani came to the conclusion that the ride is more evidence that Jon is Aegon. I suspect that HBO won't ever get into the Targ=dragon rider narrative, which means that TNK is probably not a Targ. Even if they get into the narrative, it is easy to see how the idea doesn't apply to undead dragons.

Was Cercei not REALLY preggo when Jamie left and hopes Euron knocks her up so she can say it was Jamie's? But why if she's sent Bronn to kill them?

My assumption is that she is really pregnant and wanted Euron to use him as an explanation for her pregnancy that did not include incest.

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
Am I confused or wasn't there a whole plotline in season two of Littlefinger returning Ned's body using it to get close to Lady Stark?

I think his bones (sans skull) were returned. But, they were just loose bones, not an intact skeleton, so probably not much of a threat.

Reactions: OSUIvan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT