ADVERTISEMENT

GOT S8 Thread

The Duke

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Austin TX
predictions??

My guess Melisandre is toast, courtesy of Davis Seaworth.

I also expect to see more friction between Danaerys and Jon....I don’t expect her to take the news well that he’s the true heir.

From interviews with cast. The Nights King goes to Winterfell looking for someone. I assume he gets who he is looking for and this spares the other people. This has to be Bran right? Seems like he has been chasing him for a couple seasons now.

From interviews with cast. The Nights King goes to Winterfell looking for someone. I assume he gets who he is looking for and this spares the other people. This has to be Bran right? Seems like he has been chasing him for a couple seasons now.

Maybe he wants to bring Ned back from the dead.

Oh em ge I am geeked out. What was the body parts message?

I hate when the queen interrupts my 4some.

I would ride dragons with Daenerys anytime.

Snow is the true King!

The Night King is a bad man!

The final scene. Jaime and.....

Daenerys is gonna join the dark side. She will screw Jon over, possibly kill him once she hears he’s the true heir.

s-l300.jpg

https://static01.nyt.com/images/201...arge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Last edited:
I don’t know if was the intent but my first thought was it was the Targ sigil too.

Not a bad episode but I expected a lot more to happen with not much time left. All the reunions were great though.

Not sure why Jamie is there? Kind of threw me there at the end. I assume that bitch Cersei was just going to stay held up in the castle .unless Jamie went on his own?

Also, my memory of Sam's situation isn't good, but didn't his father kind of shit on him? Treated him poorly? That's what I was thinking and I was a little confused when he got upset...

Not sure why Jamie is there? Kind of threw me there at the end. I assume that bitch Cersei was just going to stay held up in the castle .unless Jamie went on his own?

Also, my memory of Sam's situation isn't good, but didn't his father kind of shit on him? Treated him poorly? That's what I was thinking and I was a little confused when he got upset...

In the final episode of Season 7, Jaime had it out with Cersei because she promised to send her armies north to help the Starks/Targaryeans, but told him she lied to Jon/Dani. His final scene with him riding north as snow started to fall (it was not snowing in KL, so he had traveled a fair distance). Basically, he has abandoned her and chosen to side with the armies of Jon/Dani.

Sam's father hated him and loved Sam's younger brother (Dickon). Sam was a little sad to find out that his father was dead, but really upset when he found out Dickon was also killed. He loved his little brother and they had a good relationship.

In the final episode of Season 7, Jaime had it out with Cersei because she promised to send her armies north to help the Starks/Targaryeans, but told him she lied to Jon/Dani. His final scene with him riding north as snow started to fall (it was not snowing in KL, so he had traveled a fair distance). Basically, he has abandoned her and chosen to side with the armies of Jon/Dani.

Sam's father hated him and loved Sam's younger brother (Dickon). Sam was a little sad to find out that his father was dead, but really upset when he found out Dickon was also killed. He loved his little brother and they had a good relationship.
Thanks for the clarification. I remembered him loving his brother, but took the "your brother sided with your father, therefore was an extension of him. So why you cry?" approach.

After thinking more about the last scene with Jaime, I couldn't tell if his reaction was an "oh shit you're still alive?!" or "Oh shit, you in my brain?!" Kinda deal.

Also, I don't think that symbol was anything House Targ sigil related. Similar in shape, but am just not seeing the connection with where it was placed, etc. It could be targeting that sigil, but the correlation, for me, is blurred.

Reactions: Been Jammin
So during the episode they made a comment about the Karstark banner. Go look at it. I will bet anything the message from the Night King has to do with Karstark instead of Targ. I am on mobile or I would post.

I really liked that episode. I just wish some of the reunions were a bit... more. Especially the Arya ones. Her and the hound and her and Gendry should have been better. Same with Sansa and Tyrion. Sansa kinda got the better of him in that one. But could have been a bit better.

I mean Tyrion didn't force himself on her like Ramsey did. That should mean a lot to Sansa in hindsight. She has to think he's somewhat honorable.

It would be cool if Jamie gets put on trial and then Brienne tells the story of why he killed the mad king. And then Bran wheels up and says that Jamie pushing him out of the window was destined to happen because that put him on his journey to be the 3 eyed raven. Then he and Brienne hook up. Then Tormund gets jealous and kills Jamie... (kidding)

Maybe Sansa takes a liking to Tormund and they start having redheaded babies?

So during the episode they made a comment about the Karstark banner. Go look at it. I will bet anything the message from the Night King has to do with Karstark instead of Targ. I am on mobile or I would post.

Closer to Targ than Karstark IMO.

Without googling or cheating...

Anyone guess who the UK sport books have as the favorite to end up on the Iron Throne?

I really liked that episode. I just wish some of the reunions were a bit... more. Especially the Arya ones. Her and the hound and her and Gendry should have been better.

Agree on the Hound. I kind of liked the Gendry one. I thought it was about what was expected. I was wondering if she would hug either one of them. Had she done so, either/both would have been very uncomfortable, which would be funny to watch. But, that would have detracted from her new badass persona and from her hug with Jon, which was a reenactment of their hug in Season 1, when Jon said goodbye to her before heading north.

I mean Tyrion didn't force himself on her like Ramsey did. That should mean a lot to Sansa in hindsight. She has to think he's somewhat honorable.

Agree. Especially when Sansa pointed out, in Season 7, that Littlefinger was responsible for pitting Targs against Starks and getting Ned beheaded. However, HBO has turned Sansa into a tough cold-hearted leader, and they probably didn't want to soften that by having her be nicer to Tyrion.

I'm interested in seeing the reunion between Brienne and the Hound.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Sansa (I'm assuming that it isn't one of the obvious choices, or you wouldn't have brought it up)

Edit: Seems strange that they would offer bets on this. There have to be a lot of people who know the answer (people who have worked on the show).

Wasn't the spiral also around the Crastor's baby boy when he was given to the Night King?

One thing I thought was weird was how nonchalant the whole Jon Snow can ride a dragon thing was. Shouldn't than have been a bigger deal to all involved?

One thing I thought was weird was how nonchalant the whole Jon Snow can ride a dragon thing was. Shouldn't than have been a bigger deal to all involved?

I sometimes get the books and HBO version confused, but I don't think HBO has made as big a deal of the concept that only Targs can ride dragons.

I don’t know if was the intent but my first thought was it was the Targ sigil too.

Not a bad episode but I expected a lot more to happen with not much time left. All the reunions were great though.

That was my thought too. There was nothing wrong with it but I guess knowing we have only six left I expected each one to be a major event. That didn't do much to advance the story. It felt like they just wanted to give everyone five minutes of screen time. I expect episode two to be major.

Last edited:
Reactions: Air_Thurman
I sometimes get the books and HBO version confused, but I don't think HBO has made as big a deal of the concept that only Targs can ride dragons.

I'm there with you on that. Even still, I thought it was odd. Dany has been so protective of her dragons. It just felt weird that she was like hop on, see what happens. There has never been much of a hint that just anyone can ride one. Not a huge deal. Just felt weird to me.

As the oldest son Sam's birthright was to inherit the land and become Lord Tarly. His father found him unworthy and forced him to join the Knights Watch and renounce his birthright so Dickon whom fit his image of a man would become the heir. Sam still seem to seek his father's approval when he took Gilly there but his father rejected him and Sam finally stood up to him and seemed to come to terms with his rejection. He was still upset to learn of his father and more so it seemed his brothers death.

This is part of the reason I have set myself up for disappointment (though I will still be entertained) with this final season. Too many details, too many loose ends, too much character development. There could be 10 more seasons worth of just wrapping things up.

They don’t have enough time to do it right. They rushed through many of the reunions last night out of necessity. It is what it is. We’ll get a conclusion but it won’t be as satisfying as the earlier seasons due to time constraints.

Reactions: FMPoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT