ADVERTISEMENT

GOT 3

So did another dragon die? Didn’t really make clear

Pretty sure it did.

Episode was almost exactly what I expected. I expected 1 dragon to die, and Arya to kill the NK right before he was able to kill Bran.

I only have 3 complaints.

There was so much smoke and darkness that it was really hard to tell exactly what was happening and who was who. I get that it made it more realistic and that it also cut down on the CGI quite a bit. I wanted to turn up the brightness on my TV, though.

No ghost fighting scenes? Either show us that he was killed in the initial attack, or show him fighting later.

I would have liked it better if there were White Walkers participating in the battle rather than hanging back until the end. Have a few of them just decimating everything around them until a hero steps in with dragonglass or VS and kills him.

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
My one question: why would Ghost be sent with the first wave and not be sent down with Sansa to the crypt?

Of the "main" characters, I have the following dead:

Theon Greyjoy
Ser Jorah Mormont
Lyanna Mormont (but not before she took out a giant with a piece of dragon glass)
Edd Tollett
Berick Dondderian
Melisandra (tosses aside her magic necklace and kills herself in so doing.)

I'm sure I'm missing a few, can you fill in the blanks?

So did another dragon die? Didn’t really make clear
In the preview for episode 4 there are 2 dragons flying.

w02L2Ru.jpg

Also Ghost somehow survived the battle

Q4DF6ZL.jpg

Reactions: giddyup
In the preview for episode 4 there are 2 dragons flying.

w02L2Ru.jpg

Also Ghost somehow survived the battle

Q4DF6ZL.jpg
Good on ghost I was about to be pissed. The producers said there would be lots of Ghost this season and I was like really he see him run off to his death is all.

Good on ghost I was about to be pissed. The producers said there would be lots of Ghost this season and I was like really he see him run off to his death is all.
I was expecting them to kill him off quickly as they really don't like the direwolves.

Unlike anything in the history of TV.

My only complaint is that it all kind of feels anticlimactic after the NightKing.

Also, where do Bran “go” with the Ravens. Did I miss it?

Reactions: SSS!!!
Over the top to say the least. Went exactly as expected. Night King killed at last minute seconds before he kills Brandon. Few minor complaints.

As noted way over the top in fight scenes. Anyone on team Winterfell could kill ten undead in seconds.

As previous discussed the whole didn't see the dead in the crypt as being a problem was a huge plot hole.

Thought they wasted Ghost. This was a chance to give him a dramatic moment.

Not sure why the Knight King didn't break out his Dragon sooner.

If the whole plan was to use Brandon as a trap to kill the Knight King seems like they would have had an better actual plan to kill him after they lured him in. Held back a little more fire power.

Sets up the last three episodes nicely. At this point I would think Arya would emerge as top dog but I guess politics rules. Its about to get ugly.

If the whole plan was to use Brandon as a trap to kill the Knight King seems like they would have had an better actual plan to kill him after they lured him in. Held back a little more fire power.
I can’t answer for the rest of it, but Jon and Dany were supposed to be that extra fire power, but she got salty after the failed dothraki charge and proceeded blow it all up. It’s also worth noting that they intended to attack him with their dragons. They got that done before he got to Bran, it just didn’t work

Night King didn’t break out his dragon sooner because the other side had twice as many dragons. He had to be cautious. Had his dragon been taken out early, the other two could have decimated his army before it reached the castle walls.

Night King didn’t break out his dragon sooner because the other side had twice as many dragons. He had to be cautious. Had his dragon been taken out early, the other two could have decimated his army before it reached the castle walls.
They really should have kept working on the ground troops. They spent a ton of time flying around blind.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Unlike anything in the history of TV.

My only complaint is that it all kind of feels anticlimactic after the NightKing.

Also, where do Bran “go” with the Ravens. Did I miss it?

Yes! The warging bran thing felt silly and superfluous. Maybe we find more out next episode.

Were the knights of the vail there? Trying to think of bodies they could pick up on the way south. 2 dragons are certainly an equalizer, but you know Cersie will have something cooked up.

Except they can't really decimate his army since he can raise them from the dead at will.

Okay one final question and I'll stop being that guy. I know everything the Night King had raised from the dead died with him but what about all the other Whitewalkers? That was unclear but it appeared they all vanished when he did.

Okay one final question and I'll stop being that guy. I know everything the Night King had raised from the dead died with him but what about all the other Whitewalkers? That was unclear but it appeared they all vanished when he did.

They clearly turned to ice chips as soon as he died.

Except they can't really decimate his army since he can raise them from the dead at will.

Not really. (at least not in my opinion). Dragon fire turns the bodies to ash. Otherwise, they would just turn into burning walking zombies. That is why he had to hold back his dragon. The other 2 dragons were the great equalizer, and his dragon was the only thing keeping them from focusing entirely on the wight army.

Reactions: FMPoke
Yes! The warging bran thing felt silly and superfluous. Maybe we find more out next episode.

Were the knights of the vail there? Trying to think of bodies they could pick up on the way south. 2 dragons are certainly an equalizer, but you know Cersie will have something cooked up.

Agree on Bran/Warging. Maybe he was somehow alerting the NK as to where to find him to lure him into their trap?

The Knights of the Vale were there, and likely took heavy losses like all of the other factions. I was surprised that Royce didn't appear in the episode (as far as I could tell). But, there is no logical explanation as to why the Vale knights would go anywhere other than WF with the enemy headed their way.

It does seem like the good guys are left with a much too small army to attack KL, although they could pick up some help along the way (Riverlands). Maybe Meera will show up with some soldiers from The Neck. Two dragons will also make a bid difference.

So, let's talk about the strategy of leading the Dothraki on a suicide mission far from any reinforcements. Not too smart. I thought maybe their mission was to engage the enemy and draw them back into battle with the Unsullied, etc. But, it seemed like they engaged too far away from the main force and lost way too many men/horses.

Would have made more sense to wait for the enemy to advance and send the cavalry in from the flanks while the Unsullied was engaged in the center. JMO.

With that said, the flaming swords going out one-by-one was a really cool moment.

Reactions: Colorado_Poke
After Dany saved Jon from the newly resurrected dead, why didn’t she fly Jon on the dragon to Bran? That made no sense to me. It would be much quicker and you’d have the dragon there as well as extra firepower.

Also, I realize they want to “break the wheel”, but after the losses they sustained it may just be time to fly the dragons south and melt the Red Keep along with Cersei and The Mountain.

Agree on Bran/Warging. Maybe he was somehow alerting the NK as to where to find him to lure him into their trap?

The Knights of the Vale were there, and likely took heavy losses like all of the other factions. I was surprised that Royce didn't appear in the episode (as far as I could tell). But, there is no logical explanation as to why the Vale knights would go anywhere other than WF with the enemy headed their way.

It does seem like the good guys are left with a much too small army to attack KL, although they could pick up some help along the way (Riverlands). Maybe Meera will show up with some soldiers from The Neck. Two dragons will also make a bid difference.

I didn’t see the knights at all. That’s why I wondered if they were held in reserve. Wonder if Samwell will get his family to turn. Also you still have Dorne down south.

The Dothraki was purely for imagery purpose. To scare the sh!t out of people. It really made zero tactical sense or sense in the fact that the Dothraki would be able to kill a ton of wights before all dying. That said, it made for some very cool imagery haha.

The Dothraki was purely for imagery purpose. To scare the sh!t out of people. It really made zero tactical sense or sense in the fact that the Dothraki would be able to kill a ton of wights before all dying. That said, it made for some very cool imagery haha.

Not only did most of them die, but they became part of the wight army.

One more complaint. At the end of the prior episode, they showed a long line of mounted WW. Yet, no mounted bad guy fighters in the battle. Really strange that no WW appeared until the final scene in the Godswood.

So Theon last night made me think of this quote from the books.

"And Robb. Robb who had been more a brother to Theon than any son born of Balon Greyjoy's loins. Murdered at the Red Wedding, butchered by the Freys. I should have been with him. Where was I? I should have died with him."

It was really nice to see him redeem himself by being with Bran like he should have done with Robb.

The book nerd in me is still a little salty Jon Snow is an expert dragon rider with zero explanation or anyone thinking it is all that weird.

While I agree the Dorthraki thing was done from a tactical standpoint, I do think they have established that is how they fight. They are called the horde for a reason. They scream and charge head on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT