ADVERTISEMENT

GOT 3

Could hardly think of a less likely task than trying to avoid GOT spoilers after episode 3.
That would have almost been impossible. You could not get online without seeing something. EG wasn’t that hard for me as most people hide spoilers, but nobody held back w GOT.

Weiss and Benioff actually said (after the show) that they went with Arya because the viewers were all expecting Jon. They said that they decided this 3 years ago. Pretty strange, IMO.

They seem to have no understanding of plot/narrative/story telling. They are all about, "you know...it would be really cool if X,Y,Z. Yeah, let's go with that".

I actually thought Arya was the one. She had the training ... today don’t think anyone else stood a chance, unless it was something flukey.

Reactions: giddyup
The show mentions it all the time. It's Mel's entire reason for being on the show. There were multiple seasons of Mel shaping Stannis to be Azor, then she flipped to Jon, and Dani last season. Sunday, we have Mel annoiting Arya who finally does the deed.

After numerous showdowns during the history of the show between Jon and the Night King, it feels like the show took the way out.

My son thought it would be funny to send me a list of Endgame spoilers 2 days before I saw the movie. I was hoping it was a made up list, but no. 100% accurate. I'm still super pissed even though he has apologized multiple times.

Reactions: SSS!!!
My son thought it would be funny to send me a list of Endgame spoilers 2 days before I saw the movie. I was hoping it was a made up list, but no. 100% accurate. I'm still super pissed even though he has apologized multiple times.
I saw the 4 mins of leaked footage that came out a week before the premiere. It was most of the biggest moments in the movie.

I actually thought Arya was the one. She had the training ... today don’t think anyone else stood a chance, unless it was something flukey.

I'm not really bothered by their choice. But, it is not consistent with the narrative that GRRM started and HBO continued. There was plenty of foreshadowing that Jon and the NK were arch enemies (edit to add that I know NK doesn't exist in the books), whereas Arya had never seen him before and never heard of him until recent weeks/months.

Arya's training was about revenge against those that had wronged her and her family. She had a list of future victims that did not include the NK.

Weiss and Benioff actually said (after the show) that they went with Arya because the viewers were all expecting Jon. They said that they decided this 3 years ago. Pretty strange, IMO.

They seem to have no understanding of plot/narrative/story telling. They are all about, "you know...it would be really cool if X,Y,Z. Yeah, let's go with that".

Interesting I would have thought that would have come straight from there GRMM storyline. I actually thought this was the logical concussion based on the Arya storyline. She's been training to be a killer since she was ten. Of course she was destined to save the world from the Night King. I know he wasn't on her list but did we really think all that was a buildup to killing Walter Frye.

Reactions: The Duke
Interesting I would have thought that would have come straight from there GRMM storyline. I actually thought this was the logical concussion based on the Arya storyline. She's been training to be a killer since she was ten. Of course she was destined to save the world from the Night King. I know he wasn't on her list but did we really think all that was a buildup to killing Walter Frye.

In the books, there is no NK. In addition, Arya has a more extensive list and Walder Frey is not on it (although, she might add him if/when she finds out the details of the Red Wedding). I think she only knows that her mom/brother died at the Twins, but doesn't really know why or how.

The hardest part of not seeing spoilers is just reading the news. I don’t know how many head lines I have seen with spoilers for both. I hope to see End Game soon but the media has almost ruined it for me. Oh and @TheRedSon with his spoilers in a Captain Marvel thread.

I let one thing slip...

I read his most recent history of Westeros. Not a big page turner
Oh the books are better for sure and really good reads IMO. It’s just he takes so long between them that I honestly have no clue or remember what I read in Dance with Dragons. I can’t even remember if Jon is gonzo in the books or if the show spoiled that.

She should have said For the watch as she drive the dragonglass in. Somewhere Ned was smiling.

There probably won't be any more books.

That is the killer in the whole debate.

I'm more than willing to let the show be the show and the books be the books. It makes me a lot more forgiving of the dumb stuff in the show. It is a little harder to stomach if this is the only ending we get.

In the books, there is no NK. In addition, Arya has a more extensive list and Walder Frey is not on it (although, she might add him if/when she finds out the details of the Red Wedding). I think she only knows that her mom/brother died at the Twins, but doesn't really know why or how.

I might changed that to there is no Night King in the books to date. Most of the events involving the Night King are beyond the timeline of the books. At this point in the books the white walkers / wights are very much a mystery. I would expect much more background and details about them in Winds of Winter. Whether there is a Night King or whether he is invention of the TV series to simplify the story remains to be seen.

I might changed that to there is no Night King in the books to date. Most of the events involving the Night King are beyond the timeline of the books. At this point in the books the white walkers / wights are very much a mystery. I would expect much more background and details about them in Winds of Winter. Whether there is a Night King or whether he is invention of the TV series to simplify the story remains to be seen.
Martin is not going to create one character called the Night's King--which already exists in the books--and another called the Night King that serves as the leader of the Others. It's clear he invented his Night's King and then the showrunners decided to amplify that minor character's role in the TV show, drop the "'s", and make him the main antagonist in the story.

It does bring to mind the question of how you stop the Others in the book if they don't have one central commanding figure that will destroy all of them once he is destroyed. Maybe they never even breach the Wall in the books, who knows?

Reactions: Been Jammin
Martin is not going to create one character called the Night's King--which already exists in the books--and another called the Night King that serves as the leader of the Others. It's clear he invented his Night's King and then the showrunners decided to amplify that minor character's role in the TV show, drop the "'s", and make him the main antagonist in the story.

It does bring to mind the question of how you stop the Others in the book if they don't have one central commanding figure that will destroy all of them once he is destroyed. Maybe they never even breach the Wall in the books, who knows?

GRRM has stated that he is not a fan of the evil dark lord trope (i.e. Sauron in LOTR), so I will be surprised if he follows HBO's path of having 1 evil megaboss that needs to be defeated to win the day.

IMO, forshadowing and narrative suggest that the WW will eventually breach the Wall, and that they will eventually be forced back to their side, and that the Wall will be rebuilt. All of the castles will be re-established and TNW will return to its halcyon days of honor and respect, so that there will be plenty of men (and maybe women) anxious to enlist and help to "defend the realms of men".

Be interesting to see where GRMM goes. He can obviously get a lot more complicated than TV can but I have to believe it going to end in some kind of showdown similar to the battle of winterfell. Maybe the answer to defeating them is something involving Bran. Just as the Night King has been expanded for TV I feel like Bran's role has been dumbed way down.

So why is no one talking about the Targ sig on the ships in next weeks preview? I thought all her ships where destroyed and Greyjoy only had a few so where did all these come from? If they are the trying to show White harbor joining wouldn’t they have family crest? Just seems weird that all of. Sudden there a bunch of Targ ships.

So why is no one talking about the Targ sig on the ships in next weeks preview? I thought all her ships where destroyed and Greyjoy only had a few so where did all these come from? If they are the trying to show White harbor joining wouldn’t they have family crest? Just seems weird that all of. Sudden there a bunch of Targ ships.

Because I'd bet my left nad they are going to Dragonstone first, and those are the ships they 'recently' came over in.

Stannis knew that was the weak side, which is why he made that his hub and attacked from there. He just ran into Tyrian's dragonfire.

Didn’t all those ships get burned at Castely Rock?

It should be pretty clear, by now, that HBO is willing to play fast and lose with facts/narrative that they have previously established in prior episodes.

"Gendry, we are in mortal danger far north of the wall. You are the fastest of our group. Run back to the wall and send a raven to Dany so that she can rescue us while we hold off this horde of zombies in sub-zero temperatures, with no food to replenish us while we fight for days."

It should be pretty clear, by now, that HBO is willing to play fast and lose with facts/narrative that they have previously established in prior episodes.

"Gendry, we are in mortal danger far north of the wall. You are the fastest of our group. Run back to the wall and send a raven to Dany so that she can rescue us while we hold off this horde of zombies in sub-zero temperatures, with no food to replenish us while we fight for days."
They were sitting and freezing on a rock for days, hater.

Not to mention Euron built a thousand ships in like an episode or two. Evidently it doesn’t take very long to build ships in Westeros.

The other thing we don't know about the preview is how far ahead in time they are going to jump or even for sure if that scene is next week episode. I was expecting something along the lines of:

Episode 4 - Remain in the north and focus on conflict between Dani / Jon / Sansa. Mix in some events in Kings landing and maybe even in Iron Islands.

Episode 5 - Dani and whomever is backing her go to kings landing and have it out with Cersie.

Episode 6 - Final resolution of Iron Thorne and seven kingdoms

All this could actually take place over a timeline of months or years. We've got a lot of excess character still alive.

The other thing we don't know about the preview is how far ahead in time they are going to jump or even for sure if that scene is next week episode. I was expecting something along the lines of:

Episode 4 - Remain in the north and focus on conflict between Dani / Jon / Sansa. Mix in some events in Kings landing and maybe even in Iron Islands.

Episode 5 - Dani and whomever is backing her go to kings landing and have it out with Cersie.

Episode 6 - Final resolution of Iron Thorne and seven kingdoms

All this could actually take place over a timeline of months or years. We've got a lot of excess character still alive.
I have heard through interviews that the episodes 3-5 are all basically one episode really. So I imagine the time lines will be very close together then maybe a jump for 6.

I have heard through interviews that the episodes 3-5 are all basically one episode really. So I imagine the time lines will be very close together then maybe a jump for 6.

Yeah. I fully expect the next episode to take place immediately after the death of the NK, and show the good guys picking up the pieces and figuring out strategy for dealing with Cersei.

It also seems likely that the final episode will (at least partially) be a time jump into the future and give us some insight as to what the future holds for Westeros and some of the key surviving characters.

Wonder how Sansa will kill Cerci after the show has been foreshadowing the prophesy about one of her brothers doing the deed.

Surely there will be a payoff for the scene where Qybern sends Bronn on an errand to kill the brothers (on orders from Cersei).

Surely there will be a payoff for the scene where Qybern sends Bronn on an errand to kill the brothers (on orders from Cersei).

I'm confident we haven't seen the last of Bronn. I also confident he will not kill Tyrion nor Jamie. Remember all the way back in season two we Tyrion told him if anyone ever offers you money to betray me remember I'm rich and I'll double it. Maybe not totally true at this point but my guess is Bronn heart is with Tyrion and Jamie. He will wait until the end and go with the winning side. If Cersei is dead he can keep the gold anyway. It would do him not good to kill Tyrion and then have Dani win the throne.

I'm confident we haven't seen the last of Bronn. I also confident he will not kill Tyrion nor Jamie. Remember all the way back in season two we Tyrion told him if anyone ever offers you money to betray me remember I'm rich and I'll double it. Maybe not totally true at this point but my guess is Bronn heart is with Tyrion and Jamie. He will wait until the end and go with the winning side. If Cersei is dead he can keep the gold anyway. It would do him not good to kill Tyrion and then have Dani win the throne.

I know we can't trust HBO writers to follow bread crumbs that they have laid out for the viewer to follow, but, it sure looks to me like Bronn will attempt to kill one/both brother/s, fail, and reveal why he did it. This will lead to one of the brothers feeling justified (and the viewer agreeing) when he kills his sister.

My prediction is that Bronn tries to shoot Jaime with a crossbow, but Brienne jumps in front of him and dies saving Jaime's life. Jaime then gets revenge by taking out Cersei.

Yeah. I fully expect the next episode to take place immediately after the death of the NK, and show the good guys picking up the pieces and figuring out strategy for dealing with Cersei.

It also seems likely that the final episode will (at least partially) be a time jump into the future and give us some insight as to what the future holds for Westeros and some of the key surviving characters.

I certainly expect four to pick up the next day. I would expect it to cover somewhere between a week and a month. However long it takes for Dani to consolidate power and rebuild her army. I don't expect them to end up in Kings Landing. That why I thought the ship scene was a teaser from a future episode. Five could go either way but I would be surprised if they didn't dedicate at least two episodes to the Cersei / Dani / ? events in Kings Landing. They have spent eight seasons building up to the final showdown. I can't believe they are going to squeeze it into one episode.

If five is indeed a continuation of three and four that may be an indication that the North in the person of Jon & Sansa break with Dani and we have a big showdown with the winner moving on to play Cersei in the finals. (Clegane bowl).

4. Pick up the pieces and head south
5. Big battle between Dani’s forces and Cersei’s.
6. Tie up remaining loose ends and look toward the future

4. Pick up the pieces and head south
5. Big battle between Dani’s forces and Cersei’s.
6. Tie up remaining loose ends and look toward the future
I think there's a chance there isn't a big battle. I think there's some trickery up Tyrion's sleeve and he may get Cersei's army to turn on her or just stand down. He has to use that big brain of his to get back in Dani's good graces.

Keep in mind Dario or however you spell his name is still out there and might bring the second sons to bail Dany out also. I mean he would hear the Golden company let Esso right and he is in love with her.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
I think there's a chance there isn't a big battle. I think there's some trickery up Tyrion's sleeve and he may get Cersei's army to turn on her or just stand down. He has to use that big brain of his to get back in Dani's good graces.

Maybe. I think the fact that there are 20,000 on Cersei’s side suggests otherwise. You have to have that many to prevent a mismatch when the other side has 2 dragons.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT