ADVERTISEMENT

Fix Question

osu2082

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2006
Anyone hearing anything new on which weight he plans on going? I have recently heard he might now be looking at 133.

I could see him trying 125 and then bumping up if needed.

For our teams success it would seem Picc at 125 and Fix at 133 would provide maximum points. I think 125 presents an easier path the the finals for Fix but that Gross might be a slightly better matchup up as opposed to Lee if he gets there. 133 just has more landmines on the way to the finals IMO.

Flo has Picc at 125 and Fix at 133 in their Big 12 rankings.

I think I do prefer it if Picc goes 125. I feel Fix is a national title contender at either weight whereas Nick is much more effective at 125. Plus with 125 clearing out, it'll be easier for Picc to make the podium again.

Anyone hearing anything new on which weight he plans on going? I have recently heard he might now be looking at 133.

I could see him trying 125 and then bumping up if needed.

For our teams success it would seem Picc at 125 and Fix at 133 would provide maximum points. I think 125 presents an easier path the the finals for Fix but that Gross might be a slightly better matchup up as opposed to Lee if he gets there. 133 just has more landmines on the way to the finals IMO.
FLO guys have been pretty matter of fact that Fix is going 133, almost to the point where I wondered if we'd missed an announcment. It must just be their common consensus because it makes too much sense as spelled out above.

It's strange because last month when Flo did the OSU - Iowa whiteboard war, they had Daton at 125 and Picc at 133. I don't think anyone really knows except the wrestlers and coaches.

One thing about Daton's weight though is that making 57 kg every couple of months is a lot easier than making 125 twice a week. Plus we have 3 back to backs on the schedule this year. As much as I want to see Daton against Lee, I agree it would be better for the team if he goes 133.

FLO guys have been pretty matter of fact that Fix is going 133, almost to the point where I wondered if we'd missed an announcment. It must just be their common consensus because it makes too much sense as spelled out above.

Willie is pretty tied in with our staff and the way they were talking about it sure seemed like they had gotten some indication that by at least the spring semester Daton would be at 133.

I think Fix matches up better with Gross as opposed to Lee (just slightly) but there are a few other high level 133's who would make making the finals tougher at 133 than 125.

It really is comical and not sure why they would do that? This guy is one of the most impressive recruits of th last decade.

It really is comical and not sure why they would do that? This guy is one of the most impressive recruits of th last decade.

If it is truly a ranking (as opposed to a prediction), I can understand it. Fix has wrestled 5 college matches, all at 125, and has beaten one All-American (Ronnie Bresser, who finished 7th, 2-1). 133 is DEEP with a lot of guys who are rankable. Of course, no one thinks Fix is 9th best of that group, but it isn't insane to rank him there right now. I still think he goes 125 if he sees himself as a 57 kg long term.

Fix will be at 133. Can’t post who told me but it’s credible.

That's what I'm hearing. Initially he was going to start at 125 with a move up likely after Christmas break but have heard now it's likely to be 133 from the start.

I think he matches up better with Gross rather than Lee but there are more dangerous guys at 133. Picc places higher at 125 than if he bumps up.

Kaid vs G for 141.

That's what I'm hearing. Initially he was going to start at 125 with a move up likely after Christmas break but have heard now it's likely to be 133 from the start.

I think he matches up better with Gross rather than Lee but there are more dangerous guys at 133. Picc places higher at 125 than if he bumps up.

Kaid vs G for 141.

I’ve always thought there is zero chance Kaid is the guy who gets squeezed. However I was told G actually gets the better of Kaid in the room. No clue if that is true or not.

Kaid will be a different guy from a conditioning and has tank perspective up at 141. G is an extremely talented wrestler who will push Kaid at 141 or Boo at 149.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
It's only because Dayton has not wrestled a single college match yet. He will pass DeSanto (and others) very quickly. I believe Spencer Lee started out around #9 or #10 as well...
He won the Reno TOC they don’t have him higher because his only ranked college wins are against Bresser and Fausz

Reactions: Wolfman2610
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT