ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Report, Dual 1

JAY45

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2002
Spratley: Such an interesting situation from a Conference perspective. He’s going to have plenty of opportunities to prove himself as he has 4 opponents ahead of him: Poulin, Volk, Surtain, Terukina. Could not be more impressed with Spratley’s energy & enthusiasm that has been lacking from this weight. He came out and attacked. Think he’ll be right there with Poulin by the end of the Season.
Stock: Buy

Fix: no report needed other than to say it will be interesting to see the impact Coleman has on him. Big 12 Champ & likely NCAA Finalist.

Jamison: Went from being bored & unimpressed to encouraged and impressed. Grit & determination were shown after a weak 1st period. Don’t see this guy backing down from anyone. Has Carlson, Schwartz, Happel, Edmond, Titus and others ahead of him. Is he even going to be the guy at the end of the season? We’ll know a lot more after CK and Lehigh dual vs. Hines will tell us if he is in contention for the B12. Seems like more of a longer term prospect with upside.
Stock: Buy & Hold

149: Injury? Grades? Effort? Has been the story for too many prospects recently…Top 10 Talent and is not yet on the mat. It’s early, and perhaps recency bias is impacting. Will be good to get clarity here soon and this is a needed piece.
Stock Report: Concerning

157: Take no joy in saying this as both options here are high quality program guys. Everyone knows, this is the weakest weight.
Stock: Sell

165: Feels like you’ve got a guy here with a punchers chance to disrupt things. You’ve got two All-Timers here in front of you. All-American at minimum, but feels far from a fringe situation. Solidly in the Top 6 and could cause problems.
Stock: Up

174: Impossible to say till we know injury status. Either way, feels like it will be a development weight for someone.
Stock: Uncertain

184: You are staring at the best guy in the Country in your own Conference. Hopefully there will be multiple high stakes confrontations with Big 12 & National Title implications. Does Plott have the top end to break into the party?

197: Like 125, this feels like a nothing to lose, everything to gain weight. #2, 3, & 4 are in your Conference and you have an early test against #9. Gunning for AA here, and fun to watch on the way.

285: At minimum, this weight is a tough out. Much like 197, you have a highly determined competitor, yet slightly more limited in terms of ability. Expectations aren’t as high. Kind of a take what you can get weight and hope you find yourself in the Big 12 Finals.
Stock: Hold

Spratley: Such an interesting situation from a Conference perspective. He’s going to have plenty of opportunities to prove himself as he has 4 opponents ahead of him: Poulin, Volk, Surtain, Terukina. Could not be more impressed with Spratley’s energy & enthusiasm that has been lacking from this weight. He came out and attacked. Think he’ll be right there with Poulin by the end of the Season.

Fix: no report needed other than to say it will be interesting to see the impact Coleman has on him. Big 12 Champ & likely NCAA Finalist.

Jamison: Went from being bored & unimpressed to encouraged and impressed. Grit & determination were shown after a weak 1st period. Don’t see this guy backing down from anyone. Has Carlson, Schwartz, Happel, Edmond, Titus and others ahead of him. Is he even going to be the guy at the end of the season? We’ll know a lot more after CK and Lehigh dual vs. Hines will tell us if he is in contention for the B12. Seems like more of a longer term prospect with upside.
Stock: Buy & Hold

149: Injury? Grades? Effort? Has been the story for too many prospects recently…Top 10 Talent and is not yet on the mat. It’s early, and perhaps recency bias is impacting. Will be good to get clarity here soon and this is a needed piece.
Stock Report: Concerning

157: Take no joy in saying this as both options here are high quality program guys. Everyone knows, this is the weakest weight.
Stock: Sell

165: Feels like you’ve got a guy here with a punchers chance to disrupt things. You’ve got two All-Timers here in front of you. All-American at minimum, but feels far from a fringe situation. Solidly in the Top 6 and could cause problems.
Stock: Up

174: Impossible to say till we know injury status. Either way, feels like it will be a development weight for someone.
Stock: Uncertain

184: You are staring at the best guy in the Country in your own Conference. Hopefully there will be multiple high stakes confrontations with Big 12 & National Title implications. Does Plott have the top end to break into the party?

197: Like 125, this feels like a nothing to lose, everything to gain weight. #2, 3, & 4 are in your Conference and you have an early test against #9. Gunning for AA here, and fun to watch on the way.

285: At minimum, this weight is a tough out. Much like 197, you have a highly determined competitor, yet slightly more limited in terms of ability. Expectations aren’t as high. Kind of a take what you can get weight and hope you find yourself in the Big 12 Finals.
Stock: Hold
Great insight and agree on almost everything here! My thoughts below, not that anyone asked but I have some time on my hands. Haha

125 - Loved to the energy, looks hungry, we need that at 125! Mastro was good, but you never knew which version was going to show, per John’s interview this kids got a great attitude day in and day out!

133- Same, excited to see Coleman’s touch, and boy am I going to miss those inside trips straight to their back when he’s gone. Could watch that all day!

141- exact same thoughts, just me or did he look pretty damn big? Stout kid and showed some grit!

149 - same, ???? Good on Teague for getting the win though!

157 - you put it very well, was surprised the opponent was #31, so a solid win for Jalin IMO!

165 - agree for the most part, would LOVE to be surprised but it’s hard to see a path to higher than 3rd in my head, though it can happen and I hope it does! He gets to get his hands on them both before NCAAs(possibly multiple times with B12), that helps.

174 - John confirmed it was a cramp post duel, correct?

184 - agree, and when looking at the bump competition wise, I like it. I think he’s in the mix there, 74 would be a tougher stretch for me with Carter.

197 - I’m Luke Surber’s biggest fan, love everything about the kid, think he’s in the mix to AA, we’ve seen him take down top guys. He’s ready to roll!

285 - agree, I just wish he would try to score more. It’s very easy to lose a match last second when you’re up by 1.

Loved to see Coleman down on the mat coaching, seemed like he was somewhat taking the lead on a few matches, excited to see his touch over the year. I left the dual happy and hopeful for the season, Go Pokes!

Reactions: bwel9339 and JAY45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT