ADVERTISEMENT

Do You Agree That America Should Enforce Its Laws?

Hasn't stop the Democrats from supporting Iran but of course Democrats love their double standards.

On a more serious note I thought it was widely known Israel has a nuclear program. If I remember correctly the French were suspected of providing them weapons. If I know it then the US Government ha known about it for decades.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
So the American government should be selective in which laws it obeys and which it ignores, is that what you want?
Where have you been? For a current example look no further than the border situation. It's not like this isn't normal practice for our corrupt government.

Hasn't stop the Democrats from supporting Iran but of course Democrats love their double standards.

On a more serious note I thought it was widely known Israel has a nuclear program. If I remember correctly the French were suspected of providing them weapons. If I know it then the US Government ha known about it for decades.
Exactly the point, my good man! The government knows about Israel’s nukes but arms them in violation of its own law and has done so for years. And you’re good with that? How silly of me, of course you’re good with it. It’s only when our government violates/ignores laws you want it to enforce (southern border, for example) that you have an issue with it. At least that’s what it sounds like you’re saying. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha
So what are you saying, that you think our government should only obey laws when it wants to and ignore them when it doesn’t?
Nope but it's not like it's not a normal practice. Oh and I would be all for changing the law to exclude Israel. They have had nuclear weapons for decades, never using them and the existence of nuclear weapons is a huge deterrent to all the other Arab nations that have a history of ganging up to destroy Israel. Just consider them a weapon of peace. 😁

Exactly the point, my good man! The government knows about Israel’s nukes but arms them in violation of its own law and has done so for years. And you’re hood with that? How silly of me, of course you’re good with it. It’s only when our government violates/ignores laws you want it to enforce (southern border, for example) that you have an issue with it. At least that’s what it sounds like you’re saying. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Have you been living under a rock all these years? Everyone has known Israel has Nuclear weapons, why do you think the Arab nations quit ganging up on Israel?

Have you been living under a rock all these years? Everyone has known Israel has Nuclear weapons, why do you think the Arab nations quit ganging up on Israel?
The point is American LAW forbade us from arming Israel the instant they got nuclear weapons. Our government is *violating its own law!”* And you’re all for it, right? But by God it is reprehensible that it violates its own law as regards the southern border, right? Quit dancing around and fess up that you’re as hypocritical as it is clear you are. Own your hypocrisy!

The point is American LAW forbade us from arming Israel the instant they got nuclear weapons. Our government is *violating its own law!”* And you’re all for it, right? But by God it is reprehensible that it violates its own law as regards the southern border, right? Quit dancing around and fess up that you’re as hypocritical as it is clear you are. Own your hypocrisy!
I'm all for it. But if we're going to be hypocrits, which we are, this isn't where I would start to correct it.

One could argue that you are promoting selective enforcement of our laws, as I don't see many anti-Israelis like yourself promoting the enforcement of all the other laws on the books (like immigration, anti-corruption, subpoena enforcement, etc...)

I'm all for it. But if we're going to be hypocrits, which we are, this isn't where I would start to correct it.

One could argue that you are promoting selective enforcement of our laws, as I don't see many anti-Israelis like yourself promoting the enforcement of all the other laws on the books (like immigration, anti-corruption, subpoena enforcement, etc...)
You are in error (about me at least).

• Haha
You are in error (about me at least).
Am I? I don't see your posts about why we should be following our immigration laws. Or our anti-corruption laws. I only see you posting about not following specific laws related to YOUR anti-Israel topic. Also, everything sold to Israel is done via treaty and agreement with Congress. So if you believe they are violating the law in their weapon deals, then you should sue them. The Supreme Court would then make the determination that they are or are not following our laws, or if subsequent Congressional laws and actions supercede the law you reference. The fact that none of the pro-Palestinian organizations have actually filed such lawsuits make me think that there's more nuance to that original story that the lefties are choosing to leave out.

So I read your article. I didn't see any proof in it that Israel was the one who detonated the bomb in '79. Its assumed it was them. But where's the proof? Without that proof and declaration, the '77 law doesn't apply. Making this another nothingburger story.

Am I? I don't see your posts about why we should be following our immigration laws. Or our anti-corruption laws. I only see you posting about not following specific laws related to YOUR anti-Israel topic. Also, everything sold to Israel is done via treaty and agreement with Congress. So if you believe they are violating the law in their weapon deals, then you should sue them. The Supreme Court would then make the determination that they are or are not following our laws, or if subsequent Congressional laws and actions supercede the law you reference. The fact that none of the pro-Palestinian organizations have actually filed such lawsuits make me think that there's more nuance to that original story that the lefties are choosing to leave out.
Yeah, I posted about this mainly because I didn't know about a law banning us from arming Israel once it got nukes. I thought it was worth talking about. You apparently disagree and think we should talk on my threads about things you want to talk about. As for a lawsuit being filed against the government for violating its own law I believe that may be in the works. We can only hope! And you should be hoping right along with me! What kind of "democracy" can we claim to be if we allow our government to pass laws and then pick and choose which ones it wants to honor?

• Haha
So I read your article. I didn't see any proof in it that Israel was the one who detonated the bomb in '79. Its assumed it was them. But where's the proof? Without that proof and declaration, the '77 law doesn't apply. Making this another nothingburger story.
If there is a lawsuit filed (and I hope there will be) I assume that will be a point of contention and we'll see what plays out. As Paul Harvey used to say: "Stand by for news!"

• Haha
Yeah, I posted about this mainly because I didn't know about a law banning us from arming Israel once it got nukes. I thought it was worth talking about.
First of all, the law doesn't ban us from arming Israel once they got nukes. We know they have nukes. It bars us from arming someone who hasn't signed the nuclear proliferation treaty and has activated a nuke. Details matter.

You apparently disagree and think we should talk on my threads about things you want to talk about.
No idea what you are talking about. Just finding it hypocritical that you call out others for supposedly approving the violation of this law, while noticing that you never call out any other examples of the government not following the law. Your selective outrage was as hypocritical as those you targeted with your 'gotcha'.
As for a lawsuit being filed against the government for violating its own law I believe that may be in the works. We can only hope! And you should be hoping right along with me!
I would be hoping for it if I believed the government was violating its own law.

What kind of "democracy" can we claim to be if we allow our government to pass laws and then pick and choose which ones it wants to honor?
I disagree. Our government moves slow and doesn't adjust old laws that don't fit into modern times, and thus enforcement of all laws doesn't make sense. People shouldn't go to jail for adultery. Its illegal in Oklahoma to carry wire-cutters in your glovebox. Every state and country has dumb laws that don't make sense in today's world. But they are laws. We elect representatives who we hope will follow the laws to align to the will of the people. Until the leftist propaganda campaign that started a couple months ago, it was the will of the people to arm Israel to defend itself, and thus Congress doing so was the right action.

First of all, the law doesn't ban us from arming Israel once they got nukes. We know they have nukes. It bars us from arming someone who hasn't signed the nuclear proliferation treaty and has activated a nuke. Details matter.

No idea what you are talking about. Just finding it hypocritical that you call out others for supposedly approving the violation of this law, while noticing that you never call out any other examples of the government not following the law. Your selective outrage was as hypocritical as those you targeted with your 'gotcha'.

I would be hoping for it if I believed the government was violating its own law.

I disagree. Our government moves slow and doesn't adjust old laws that don't fit into modern times, and thus enforcement of all laws doesn't make sense. People shouldn't go to jail for adultery. Its illegal in Oklahoma to carry wire-cutters in your glovebox. Every state and country has dumb laws that don't make sense in today's world. But they are laws. We elect representatives who we hope will follow the laws to align to the will of the people. Until the leftist propaganda campaign that started a couple months ago, it was the will of the people to arm Israel to defend itself, and thus Congress doing so was the right action.
Well, a couple of decades is proof of how slow our government moves on this law!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT