ADVERTISEMENT

Unfortunate Collateral Damage?

Exactly, Palestinians are being murdered because of their race.
No, they're unfortunately being killed because of their proximity to the humanitarian organization Hamas and their resistance personnel. Reality is if Jordan had done what Hamas did on October 7, Israel would have bombed the shit out of Jordan. Insert Lebanon. Insert Egypt. Same story.

You lost a lot of credibility on anything genocide related when you claimed we committed genocide on Germans and the Japanese during WW2. Is it genocide when cops shoot someone in self defense? How about if I shoot a Hispanic guy breaking into my house?
My point, which is not a dodge at all, although it must comfort you
Dan, I don't know you personally. You don't make me angry, you don't provide comfort, you're here sometimes for my agreement, sometimes for my laughter, sometimes for my disagreement, and sometimes for me just shaking my head. Never anything personal.

For the record, I don't think you're an antisemite.

No, they're unfortunately being killed because of their proximity to the humanitarian organization Hamas and their resistance personnel. Reality is if Jordan had done what Hamas did on October 7, Israel would have bombed the shit out of Jordan. Insert Lebanon. Insert Egypt. Same story.

You lost a lot of credibility on anything genocide related when you claimed we committed genocide on Germans and the Japanese during WW2. Is it genocide when cops shoot someone in self defense? How about if I shoot a Hispanic guy breaking into my house?

Dan, I don't know you personally. You don't make me angry, you don't provide comfort, you're here sometimes for my agreement, sometimes for my laughter, sometimes for my disagreement, and sometimes for me just shaking my head. Never anything personal.

For the record, I don't think you're an antisemite.
I was thinking about this earlier today: Ukraine has survived the proxy war because it is totally dependent on US and European aid. Without it Russia would have crushed it pretty quickly. At the beginning of the war most Americans bought into Biden’s determination that the aid would be provided “as much and as long as it takes.” Two years later we’ve discovered we’re aren’t the sugar daddy we thought we were, we seem to be taking a bigger economic hit than Russia, much to our amazement, and everybody is now looking for a way out of the morass without another Afghanistan-like humiliation, and we’ll probably cut Ukraine loose at some point. Now Biden says “For as long as we can.” When we decide we no longer can Ukraine will crumble.

In many ways the “Israeli situation” is much the same. Absent total US backing Israel would be overrun and cease to exist. We have this notion of what awesome fighters they are, but the truth is they wouldn’t be what they are without overwhelming technological support and backing of the US, both militarily and diplomatically. To be honest since Hezbollah tossed them out on their ear in 2000 as they retreated with their tail between their legs they have been very reluctant to fight anyone with the capability to fight back, convincing themselves of their invincibility because they can knock Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank around. It’s a common bully tactic. But then shock sets in when they suffer a few defeats of their own.

It is taking us a long time to understand but the rest of the world has grown tired of out bullying tactics and are beginning to band together against us. They have been beat down by us to the point they don’t care what we say anymore and are no longer afraid of us. There’s another thread concerned with South Africa being an Iranian proxy. I don’t think SA considers itself to be an Iranian proxy so much as a potential ally. I have been harping about BRICS and the uniting of the Global South against American hegemony for quite a while, only to be dismissed as being naive, the assumption being that we’ve been the hegemon most of our lifespans so it’s unthinkable that could end. Some of us may be in for a big shock sooner rather than later. At some point we’ll need to cut Israel loose just like Ukraine if we want to maintain any standing in global politics. The longer we finance Palestinian genocide at the hands of the Israelis the sooner the rest of the world will be so disgusted that it turns the table and turns us loose.

• Haha
Reactions: Medic007
In many ways the “Israeli situation” is much the same. Absent total US backing Israel would be overrun and cease to exist. We have this notion of what awesome fighters they are, but the truth is they wouldn’t be what they are without overwhelming technological support and backing of the US, both militarily and diplomatically. To be honest since Hezbollah tossed them out on their ear in 2000 as they retreated with their tail between their legs they have been very reluctant to fight anyone with the capability to fight back, convincing themselves of their invincibility because they can knock Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank around. It’s a common bully tactic. But then shock sets in when they suffer a few defeats of their own.
Wow, this from the dude that criticizes Israel for defending themselves post-October 7.

It's starting to appear Israel can do nothing right and Hamas do nothing wrong (except maybe Oct 7 [Israel’s fault!], BUT Israel probably killed most of the Israelis and Hamas didn't do no raping [watch that video yet Postpone Reality Dan?]). Good call. Actual history is on your side.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
I was thinking about this earlier today: Ukraine has survived the proxy war because it is totally dependent on US and European aid. Without it Russia would have crushed it pretty quickly. At the beginning of the war most Americans bought into Biden’s determination that the aid would be provided “as much and as long as it takes.” Two years later we’ve discovered we’re aren’t the sugar daddy we thought we were, we seem to be taking a bigger economic hit than Russia, much to our amazement, and everybody is now looking for a way out of the morass without another Afghanistan-like humiliation, and we’ll probably cut Ukraine loose at some point. Now Biden says “For as long as we can.” When we decide we no longer can Ukraine will crumble.

It is taking us a long time to understand but the rest of the world has grown tired of out bullying tactics and are beginning to band together against us. They have been beat down by us to the point they don’t care what we say anymore and are no longer afraid of us. There’s another thread concerned with South Africa being an Iranian proxy. I don’t think SA considers itself to be an Iranian proxy so much as a potential ally. I have been harping about BRICS and the uniting of the Global South against American hegemony for quite a while, only to be dismissed as being naive, the assumption being that we’ve been the hegemon most of our lifespans so it’s unthinkable that could end. Some of us may be in for a big shock sooner rather than later. At some point we’ll need to cut Israel loose just like Ukraine if we want to maintain any standing in global politics. The longer we finance Palestinian genocide at the hands of the Israelis the sooner the rest of the world will be so disgusted that it turns the table and turns us loose.
I did notice you didn't bother to engage the questions I asked for the obvious reason (I'm sure you've watched the video by now, lol) . If you'll quit using "genocide" like the Hamas propaganda spewing left, I'll quit making fun of you for it.

Wow, this from the dude that criticizes Israel for defending themselves post-October 7.

It's starting to appear Israel can do nothing right and Hamas do nothing wrong (except maybe Oct 7 [Israel’s fault!], BUT Israel probably killed most of the Israelis and Hamas didn't do no raping [watch that video yet Postpone Reality Dan?]). Good call. Actual history is on your side.
The problem is Israel didn’t defend itself on Oct 7 when it would have mattered. Post Oct 7 is not defense but offensive retribution. On Oct 7 the IDF implemented the Hannibal Doctrine which called for them to kill their own citizens in addition to the enemy. So, yes, the IDF killed the same people they were supposed to be defending. Sad but true. I asked for evidence of mass raping by Hamas, which is what the IDF claimed. To date they have produced no evidence that mass raping actually happened, in fact they say they don’t have any evidence of mass rapes. No I haven’t watched the video yet. I tried to the other night but couldn't remember where you posted it. So if you would be so kind as to post it again I’ll be sure to watch it this time. You have never said who released it, only that it’s a Hamas video. I assume Hamas released it? It is very frustrating to me that I repeatedly say Hamas did enormous wrong on Oct 7, but you keep pretending I think they are innocent. Either you are so determined to keep repeating something you know is a lie, or you’re incapable of recognizing the truth. Neither way is a good look for you.

• Haha
I did notice you didn't bother to engage the questions I asked for the obvious reason (I'm sure you've watched the video by now, lol) . If you'll quit using "genocide" like the Hamas propaganda spewing left, I'll quit making fun of you for it.
That’s okay, make fun of it all you want. You can think calling it genocide is Hamas propaganda if you want, and I’m sure Hamas thinks it’s genocide. Unfortunately for you virtually the entire world outside the USA calls it genocide, which is what it is. I guess the whole world outside of the USA has also been duped by Hamas. Or maybe, just maybe they know what it is when they see it.

• Haha
Dan thinks a woman deserves to be raped because she was wearing a low top dress at a party. She was asking for it obviously and should have defended herself better to prevent her assault.

Same logic he's using against Israel.

The problem is Israel didn’t defend itself on Oct 7 when it would have mattered. Post Oct 7 is not defense but offensive retribution. On Oct 7 the IDF implemented the Hannibal Doctrine which called for them to kill their own citizens in addition to the enemy. So, yes, the IDF killed the same people they were supposed to be defending. Sad but true. I asked for evidence of mass raping by Hamas, which is what the IDF claimed. To date they have produced no evidence that mass raping actually happened, in fact they say they don’t have any evidence of mass rapes. No I haven’t watched the video yet. I tried to the other night but couldn't remember where you posted it. So if you would be so kind as to post it again I’ll be sure to watch it this time. You have never said who released it, only that it’s a Hamas video. I assume Hamas released it? It is very frustrating to me that I repeatedly say Hamas did enormous wrong on Oct 7, but you keep pretending I think they are innocent. Either you are so determined to keep repeating something you know is a lie, or you’re incapable of recognizing the truth. Neither way is a good look for you.
I'll just leave this at face value, free of my commentary.

That’s okay, make fun of it all you want. You can think calling it genocide is Hamas propaganda if you want, and I’m sure Hamas thinks it’s genocide. Unfortunately for you virtually the entire world outside the USA calls it genocide, which is what it is. I guess the whole world outside of the USA has also been duped by Hamas. Or maybe, just maybe they know what it is when they see it.
This is what unable to defend your virtue signaling looks like. The "men can get pregnant" crowd stands in applause (as well as the pro-Hamas crowd, but I digress).

This is what unable to defend your virtue signaling looks like. The "men can get pregnant" crowd stands in applause (as well as the pro-Hamas crowd, but I digress).
You mean the 173 to 4 “pro-Hamas” vote in the UN calling for Israel to cease fire? Or the 16 to 1 and 15 to 2 votes in the preliminary ICJ “pro-Hamas” ruling saying it has all the earmarks of genocide? What drives me crazy is the ignorant insistence by too many people on this board that *any* perceived criticism of Israel is “pro-Hamas.” I can understand that attitude by some of the lower IQ posters on this board. But that you’re one of them surprises me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT