ADVERTISEMENT

Current Oklahoma Hospitals

Uhhhhhhhh, if you come into the ER unconscious, and have a thoracotomy, who is paying up front? Oh, duh, nobody. Now, who is paying on the billing end? No insurance? Can I send you the bill? That's the nonsense you're trying to imply.

So, which Phillips branded stations can I get gas and bill to someone else?

This is embarrassing.
Yeah so you increase the cost burden on those that can pay. That service you provided wasn't free. It just wasn't paid by the one who received it.

You are a joke on this topic.

So I'm bored with this and done. So go ahead and get some snarky comment in and claim you won so you can feel superior despite not landing a single point.

And shit... it doesn't have to be a permanent brick and mortar structure. Set up an agreement with the local YMCA to rent out the gym and set up medical tents in them. Fvck.

IMG_2315.jpg

We couldn’t do this until emergency mandates or we would lose accreditation of our current services. How do you not understand that? We had to wait till emergency measures came from the state to even start that, and then it was taken away when Stitt’s order expired. We had to wait till another emergency mandate went into effect last week.

We couldn’t do this until emergency mandates or we would lose accreditation of our current services. How do you not understand that? We had to wait till emergency measures came from the state to even start that, and then it was taken away when Stitt’s order expired. We had to wait till another emergency mandate went into effect last week.
Don't bother him with those details. He knows everything.

Reactions: Dobsie
Yeah so you increase the cost burden on those that can pay. That service you provided wasn't free. It just wasn't paid by the one who received it.

You are a joke on this topic.

So I'm bored with this and done. So go ahead and get some snarky comment in and claim you won so you can feel superior despite not landing a single point.
How do I increase the cost burden on those that pay? You mean the health insurance companies? I'm actually dumbfounded at your total lack of anything resembling knowledge about healthcare. Stick to the corporate diversity thing. You're perfect for that.

Reactions: osujane
I get that. But do you already have the locations on retainer, and the tents stored ready to go? How long would it take to have those in place? And emergencies are declared all the time.
If all the prep work was done, it wouldn't take a week to ramp up capacity. And that is my main point.

How do I increase the cost burden on those that pay? You mean the health insurance companies? I'm actually dumbfounded at your total lack of anything resembling knowledge about healthcare. Stick to the corporate diversity thing. You're perfect for that.
I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Where can I get free gas? This is your comparison. You've failed to provide a single place I can pump myself free Phillips 66 gas.
Call a local charity. They'll help you out if you are truly in need.

I knew you wouldn't let me down.
Maybe you can point me to the Phillips 66 place that will replace your engine at no cost to you? And pay the mechanics a 300% premium because there aren't enough mechanics to keep up with engine replacement? And it looks like 4 more incoming patients to the one discharge, 3 of whom are in respiratory isolation? And the general public is a bunch of soft assess that are incapable of providing healthcare to even themselves?

I'm really looking forward to discussing our knowledge on this subject.

Last edited:
Call a local charity. They'll help you out if you are truly in need.
Ahhhh, here we are. Right on. And which charity do I call to pay 100% of your cost if you were transported by my ambulance to my emergency department for being found in a parking lot with witnissed cardiac arrest? You have no identification. Authorities indicate they think you're homeless. And I haven't even mentioned federal law in this dialogue to save you the embarrassment.

A tease, which federal law requires Phillips 66 to give free gasoline to anyone that needs gas regardless of ability to pay? I've asked this previously and you dodged it.

Surely you've got a reasonable comparison to reality rather than that pathetic dribble you posted.

I get that. But do you already have the locations on retainer, and the tents stored ready to go? How long would it take to have those in place? And emergencies are declared all the time.
If all the prep work was done, it wouldn't take a week to ramp up capacity. And that is my main point.

It would take 5-6 days to get setup based on my hospitals plans. Basically a tent triage hospital. The only bad thing is the staffing now. Most medical staff not provider level are working 4-5 12 hour shifts currently voluntarily, but if its not continually picked up then it will be mandated.

ICU RN ratios are 1-2 patients per RN
Step Down usually 4-5 patients per RN
ER is 4 patients per RN ICU holds are 1-2 per ER RN.

Last Thursday there were 44 patients in the ER for 5 RNs and only 21 rooms the rest were hall patients.

If you open up the tent hospitals where do you get the staffing? $85k every 13 weeks for travel RNs is the going rate, and it's not enticing that many RNs now.

You have medical personnel quitting in droves because they are tired of the current situation, and tired of putting up with shitty patients only to get punched, bitten, grabbed, kicked, or sexually assaulted this happened a lot pre pandemic, and its only gotten worse. You have no idea the crazy people we have to deal with on a regular basis.

I'm in a ∼250 bed hospital with 1000 employees. We could double in size in less than a week with a tent hospital. Getting the Drs, RNs, RTs, Rad Techs, EVS to safely staff it I don't know how long that would take.

One day when I'm retired I'll share a beer with you and crazy pre pandemic stories, and pandemic stories.

Ahhhh, here we are. Right on. And which charity do I call to pay 100% of your cost if you were transported by my ambulance to my emergency department for being found in a parking lot with witnissed cardiac arrest? You have no identification. Authorities indicate they think you're homeless. And I haven't even mentioned federal law in this dialogue to save you the embarrassment.

A tease, which federal law requires Phillips 66 to give free gasoline to anyone that needs gas regardless of ability to pay? I've asked this previously and you dodged it.

Surely you've got a reasonable comparison to reality rather than that pathetic dribble you posted.
In your case, I'm the charity. All of us who pay inflated prices on services that wouldn't other wise cost as much or who have real health insurance and again pay inflated premiums in order to pay for those that cant. Or any person being taxed to fund your government reimbursement.

Bottom line... The service you provide isn't 'free' and you make yourself look stupid by clinging to this false equivalency. Somebody always pays.

Now I'm done after getting dragged back into this stupidity.

Reactions: davidallen
It would take 5-6 days to get setup based on my hospitals plans. Basically a tent triage hospital. The only bad thing is the staffing now. Most medical staff not provider level are working 4-5 12 hour shifts currently voluntarily, but if its not continually picked up then it will be mandated.

ICU RN ratios are 1-2 patients per RN
Step Down usually 4-5 patients per RN
ER is 4 patients per RN ICU holds are 1-2 per ER RN.

Last Thursday there were 44 patients in the ER for 5 RNs and only 21 rooms the rest were hall patients.

If you open up the tent hospitals where do you get the staffing? $85k every 13 weeks for travel RNs is the going rate, and it's not enticing that many RNs now.

You have medical personnel quitting in droves because they are tired of the current situation, and tired of putting up with shitty patients only to get punched, bitten, grabbed, kicked, or sexually assaulted this happened a lot pre pandemic, and its only gotten worse. You have no idea the crazy people we have to deal with on a regular basis.

I'm in a ∼250 bed hospital with 1000 employees. We could double in size in less than a week. Getting the Drs, RNs, RTs, Rad Techs, EVS to safely staff it I don't know how long that would take.

One day when I'm retired I'll share a beer with you and crazy pre pandemic stories, and pandemic stories.
Okay first off... thanks for a substantive reply. I guess my follow up would be why did everyone say it was impossible to ramp up capacity when it seems like, at least in your particular hospital's case, you've already been doing that. Hell this entire thread could probably have been subverted with this as the original reply to post.

Okay first off... thanks for a substantive reply. I guess my follow up would be why did everyone say it was impossible to ramp up capacity when it seems like, at least in your particular hospital's case, you've already been doing that. Hell this entire thread could probably have been subverted with this as the original reply to post.

Where do I get the roughly 300 RNs that are turning down $85,000 for 13 weeks of work? Where do we get the at minimum $25.5 million for RN wages for only 13 weeks? Even if we cancel that contract if we don't need them most of that is still paid to the travel RNs.

I'm in a ∼250 bed hospital with 1000 employees. We could double in size in less than a week. Getting the Drs, RNs, RTs, Rad Techs, EVS to safely staff it I don't know how long that would take.
I'm not sure this timeline is feasible even in a facility that has built out infrastructure. Is that infrastructure plumbed or shelled? What are the state government requirements for licensing additional beds? How ready are old patient rooms to meet current code? If current code can't be met, what's the liability and willingness of the state to assume liability for bad outcomes? The answer is zero.

It's a long process to get beds licensed unless there's an emergency declaration waiving the requirements. And even then, the capital costs and personnel requirements are always outpacing reimbursement.
In your case, I'm the charity. All of us who pay inflated prices on services that wouldn't other wise cost as much or who have real health insurance and again pay inflated premiums in order to pay for those that cant. Or any person being taxed to fund your government reimbursement.

Bottom line... The service you provide isn't 'free' and you make yourself look stupid by clinging to this false equivalency. Somebody always pays.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What a fvcking pussy. Stay in oil and gas. You couldn't handle healthcare for an hour. And thankfully you've publicly admitted that. Again, stick to easy shit like "diversity council." I'll continue resuscitating morons that didn't get vaccinated despite my employer's ability to get reimbursed for my considerably costly expertise.

I'm not sure this timeline is feasible even in a facility that has built out infrastructure. Is that infrastructure plumbed or shelled? What are the state government requirements for licensing additional beds? How ready are old patient rooms to meet current code? If current code can't be met, what's the liability and willingness of the state to assume liability for bad outcomes? The answer is zero.

It's a long process to get beds licensed unless there's an emergency declaration waiving the requirements. And even then, the capital costs and personnel requirements are always outpacing reimbursement.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What a fvcking pussy. Stay in oil and gas. You couldn't handle healthcare for an hour. And thankfully you've publicly admitted that. Again, stick to easy shit like "diversity council." I'll continue resuscitating morons that didn't get vaccinated despite my employer's ability to get reimbursed for my considerably costly expertise.

Its nothing more than a Field Tent with electricity. It would only be deployed in a worst case scenario.

Basically less amenities than a Forward Operating base hospital.

And we both know you look like a complete bitch with this bullshit. I hope you can blame this on being drunk.

NOBODY GETS FREE GAS FROM PHILLIPS 66. Why is that so fvcking complex for someone that claims to be educated in anything, especially someone who works in the company, to say? There's NO GOVERNMENTAL MANDATE that your precious woke tax subsidy sucking fat ass company provide a single drop of gasoline to random joe blow who can't pay for it.

Ffs, you're really this stupid. Wow.

Its nothing more than a Field Tent with electricity. It would only be deployed in a worst case scenario.
Yeah, I get that. Good luck with a temp building/tent that can operate in August that's cost effective BEFORE the volume occurs though.

Reactions: Dobsie
Where do I get the roughly 300 RNs that are turning down $85,000 for 13 weeks of work? Where do we get the at minimum $25.5 million for RN wages for only 13 weeks? Even if we cancel that contract if we don't need them most of that is still paid to the travel RNs.
Work with the US State department and get internationally trained folks over here on a work visa. Work to get a waiver to engage nursing students to assist during the crisis in exchange for class credit and pay. That's just a few options. There has to be more and I'm not the most creative person.
And those are all things that could be negotiated prior to this most recent crisis.

daughter just graduated from nursing school. Going to take 2 full months for her to be trained in the the way the hospital she works at does things and turned loose without being followed by another nurse. It’s not like you can take a kid fresh out of rn school and turn them loose in the hospital. Just not that ez to staff a hospital.

And we both know you look like a complete bitch with this bullshit. I hope you can blame this on being drunk.

NOBODY GETS FREE GAS FROM PHILLIPS 66. Why is that so fvcking complex for someone that claims to be educated in anything, especially someone who works in the company, to say? There's NO GOVERNMENTAL MANDATE that your precious woke tax subsidy sucking fat ass company provide a single drop of gasoline to random joe blow who can't pay for it.

Ffs, you're really this stupid. Wow.
And NOBODY GETS FREE HEALTCARE from wherever the fvck you work. Somebody pays regardless of what mandates require you to provide service. You might want to go back to driving a damn ambulance. Don't forget to fill up the tank before you make a run.

Just when I thought I was out... Now I'm out.

And NOBODY GETS FREE HEALTCARE from wherever the fvck you work. Somebody pays regardless of what mandates require you to provide service. You might want to go back to driving a damn ambulance. Don't forget to fill up the tank before you make a run.

Just when I thought I was out... Now I'm out.
Who pays, dipshit? Can I go get gas at Phillips 66 stations and expect you to pick up the tab? Do you think that's what happens with unpaid healthcare bills? I can't believe I'm actually having this conversation with you.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Yeah, I get that. Good luck with a temp building/tent that can operate in August that's cost effective BEFORE the volume occurs though.

Didn’t say I’d want it. Hell I wouldn’t be in it because I’m in IR.

That’s the only plan we have besides what we are already doing. Like you know we have no leeway with CMS etc.

Reactions: Medic007
Work with the US State department and get internationally trained folks over here on a work visa. Work to get a waiver to engage nursing students to assist during the crisis in exchange for class credit and pay. That's just a few options. There has to be more and I'm not the most creative person.
And those are all things that could be negotiated prior to this most recent crisis.

Um nursing students depending on courses completed are only allowed to be CNAs, and a few LPN’s upon passing their respective boards.

Let’s have the junior year Nursing students lead the codes with the residents and see the outcomes.

Nursing students are already helping during clinicals but under RN supervision. Sometimes they can slow things down because well they are learning. They can’t be let loose on their own someone would die, and then the hospitals would be sued.

Reactions: Medic007
Um nursing students depending on courses completed are only allowed to be CNAs, and a few LPN’s upon passing their respective boards.

Let’s have the junior year Nursing students lead the codes with the residents and see the outcomes.
Would that be better than having nobody? It's an emergency. Some flexibility would be needed. Yes it's complicated and the hospital and the students would need legal protection.

But shit. That's just 2 suggestions in the spur of this conversation. I have confidence that the medical community could figure it out.

It's horrible that all those people are sick. But the fact that the hospital is at capacity is totally on the medical community. They've had over a year to ramp up facilities to meet increased capacity needs and they didn't do it.
In communities where less than half of the population is willing to get vaccinated what is the support for expanding health facilities? I am just gonna go out on a limb and say the support would be slim to none.

Would that be better than having nobody? It's an emergency. Some flexibility would be needed. Yes it's complicated and the hospital and the students would need legal protection.

But shit. That's just 2 suggestions in the spur of this conversation. I have confidence that the medical community could figure it out.
Wow. Yes, having untrained, unlicensed, and inexperienced people take care of you makes logical sense. Maybe you can provide us with an example where you chose the Days Inn Hotel healthcare over Phillips healthcare.

They are already helping under their scope just like

Med Students
Residents
Rad Tech Students
Ultrasound Students
Respiratory Tech Students
APRN students
PA students

And any other student in clinicals or student tech jobs.

Wow. Yes, having untrained, unlicensed, and inexperienced people take care of you makes logical sense. Maybe you can provide us with an example where you chose the Days Inn Hotel healthcare over Phillips healthcare.
You are right. That's so much worse than being unattended since you lack staff. And again, they can be doing some of the work that would be on the regular nurses that would let them focus on higher value work.

I love that you are so entrenched in the position that this situation can't be improved that you happily seem to prefer the status quo.

They are already helping under their scope just like

Med Students
Residents
Rad Tech Students
Ultrasound Students
Respiratory Tech Students
APRN students
PA students

And any other student in clinicals or student tech jobs.
Yet Medic just said that was a horrible idea.

You are right. That's so much worse than being unattended since you lack staff. And again, they can be doing some of the work that would be on the regular nurses that would let them focus on higher value work.

I love that you are so entrenched in the position that this situation can't be improved that you happily seem to prefer the status quo.
Dude, you're simply clueless. I've made my point, but in closing I'll leave this...

There's zero place I can get free to me gas from Phillips 66. Your woke ass knows that. Now, I can name dozens of places off hand where you can get a 19 month hospital stay worh $3.4 million completely free to you. Don't be a bitch. Give me the deets of the free to me Phillips 66 gas...

🤣🤣🤣

Dude, you're simply clueless. I've made my point, but in closing I'll leave this...

There's zero place I can get free to me gas from Phillips 66. Your woke ass knows that. Now, I can name dozens of places off hand where you can get a 19 month hospital stay worh $3.4 million completely free to you. Don't be a bitch. Give me the deets of the free to me Phillips 66 gas...

🤣🤣🤣
Your point is totally stupid. Nothing is free. You know this but you are dug into an untenable position and refuse to stop digging.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT