ADVERTISEMENT

Current Oklahoma Hospitals

If things don't get better I see many nurses, and other young mothers that are health care workers leaving in droves. This is what scares them the most helping patients only to bring it home to their little ones.

If things don't get better I see many nurses, and other young mothers that are health care workers leaving in droves. This is what scares them the most helping patients only to bring it home to their little ones.

About that Tulsa ER Nurse's comment... how can a nurse not know that even the vaccinated carry the virus?

Ridiculous. Science tells us people with the vaccine can still pass on the virus! Wtf?!?!?

Last edited:
Went to the liquor store in Sapulpa yesterday at 5, and then Reasor’s in Langley a little later. The fatality rate in Oklahoma of 1.5% should be way higher based on my observations.

Reactions: windriverrange
There is blame for a lot folks in this deal. Politicization of a virus in number one.
The system dominated by large corporate providers and "not for profit providers" is pretty high up. They have spent at least the last 20 years cutting the fat and any excess (perceived or real) they can find. Rather than take care of their staff they run them off as soon as their salary outpaces the matrix. Thus, producing a revolving door of folks just collecting a pay check. There used to be a time when staff was loyal to the "hospital" and the patients. Big health care destroyed that.

There has also been a loss of rural beds largely do to staffing and a lack of doctors that want to put people in the hospital..IMO. The rural hospitals still in existence are limited by what they can take care which puts a crunch on the big hospitals that have sold themselves to be recipients of anyone until they are not...like now. This is not a new phenomenon. It happens almost every winter to some degree when the flu hits. Beds fill up and the system is on the brink for several weeks then usually back to "normal".

What is the fix, IDK. Government take over is definitely not it. Breaking up the system by not letting hospitals own doctors would probably help. The old you eat what you harvest philosophy. Encouraging hospitals to take care of their staff and not build a bunch of stuff just to spend money would be great. Big hospitals are like Sears Holdings they turned into real-estate companies. If someone wants to be an altruistic king and blow up the system make it relatively profit neutral and only do what is best for the patients that would be great.

Not Fun facts:

RSV - 100-500 deaths per year children less than 5.
- 14,000 deaths >65 years old.

Influenza - average 36,000 deaths per year. Around 120 <18 years old

Car accidents around 30-35000 a year. Around 1200 <14 years old

Drowning 4000 deaths. 1000 children

Non accidental Trauma 1400 children

Reactions: windriverrange
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT