ADVERTISEMENT

Check out this raving lunatic...

This event is what brings out the absolute worst of social media. A 1 min clip of someone smiling (smugly definitely) at another person beating a drum inches from his face has caused people publicly condemning that 1st persons complete life. Parents, teachers, dioceses, etc, are all literally compared to lynchers of the mid century South. The mob mentality is out of control. Let’s say they did the worst of what people thought (taunted a few people rudely basically), they really deserve their lives to be ruined for that? How about using it as a chance to teach? Add in the fact the specifics could possibly be the completely opposite of the original acct, these kids are getting death threats. People putting their picture next to pictures of sit ins. Again, it shows how far we’ve come that people think that is equivalent to sit ins to the 50-60s. Newsflash, there’s going to be idiot teenagers for all time, nothing will change that. Let’s teach, not destroy. That said, if that’s the worst that kid ever does, he’s doing pretty well.

That doesn't satisfy @Syskatine and the Leftists' bloodlust and desire for revenge or eradication.

So now we know a group of black supremacists calling the kids fags, calling trump a homosexual rolled up on a group of kids who were marching for the rights of unborn children. We know a professional provocateur with cameras deliberately tried to start a confrontation. And what happened? With all that white privilege and toxic masculinity when they overwhelming out numbered the agitators, not a hair on anyones heads was touched. The boys didn’t do anything but act like silly little kids. The leftists have lost their minds and instead of apologizing they just keep talking.

The left craves this stuff. They live for it now. When they don’t get their blood, they just move on to the next thing.

Absolutely not what you have been saying in this thread. I seriously want to give you the benefit of the doubt as you are generally the best at fighting off the other side, but you explicitly stated that the kid deserved it for wearing a maga hat.

Okay, I just read my first few points and that's not what I said.

That kid's smirk is such a powerful symbol and resonates more than a hundred reporters screaming stories. That arrogant, punchable, entitled little shit's face. But he's a kid, a minor(?) so I didn't pile on. The humiliation and shame should fall on his parents and whoever caught him basic human values. And it will.

I may have come on a little strong but i didn't say that. Whatever I said, i agree he's too young to have eternal notoriety. He looks like a little shit but lots of kids are.

Social media dynamics are dangerous. Whether minors should have their likeness appropriated and published to generate clicks is a topic to consider. That said, the kid associated with the worst and the lies and corruption he associates with makes that stuff an absolute powder keg. People are gonna assume he's provoking and I think he was. I'm sorry, I'm not endorsing burning the kid down, and that stupid "owning the libs" backlash just came down full weight on a kid. Many on this board cultivated that ethos. It is what it is.

And MAGA can all kiss my ass for demanding someone speak responsibly. None of you have the moral standing to demand responsible speech or empathy from anyone. The only time some of you give a shit about the vulnerable is when it's a private school white kid.

A kid who’s been indoctrinated by his home and school into believing the “MAGA” mentality is truly aspiring to greatness.

I don’t have empathy for that gullibility and lack of independent thought. Maybe you do ***shrugs shoulders***
giphy.gif

Hi Clinton!

Reactions: Ostatedchi

I may have come on a little strong but i didn't say that. Whatever I said, i agree he's too young to have eternal notoriety. He looks like a little shit but lots of kids are.

Social media dynamics are dangerous. Whether minors should have their likeness appropriated and published to generate clicks is a topic to consider. That said, the kid associated with the worst and the lies and corruption he associates with makes that stuff an absolute powder keg. People are gonna assume he's provoking and I think he was. I'm sorry, I'm not endorsing burning the kid down, and that stupid "owning the libs" backlash just came down full weight on a kid. Many on this board cultivated that ethos. It is what it is.

And MAGA can all kiss my ass for demanding someone speak responsibly. None of you have the moral standing to demand responsible speech or empathy from anyone. The only time some of you give a shit about the vulnerable is when it's a private school white kid.

Sounds like you blame the woman for her rape.

"She shouldn't have been wearing that."

This just needs to go away for all sides. I agree wearing a MAGA hat is asking for trouble. Unfortunately people have “weaponized” that into a symbol of hate. Whether that is fair or right is another discussion but it is what it is. That said, this teenager does not deserve this kind of ridiculous treatment. This whole thing is an unfortunate incident where mistakes were made during and after the event.

This just needs to go away for all sides. I agree wearing a MAGA hat is asking for trouble. Unfortunately people have “weaponized” that into a symbol of hate. Whether that is fair or right is another discussion but it is what it is. That said, this teenager does not deserve this kind of ridiculous treatment. This whole thing is an unfortunate incident where mistakes were made during and after the event.
It's a symbol of hate possibly for the deranged. That's their choosing.

Their actions doesn't fly.

That's BS. Is wearing a Che Guevara shirt or hOpe Obama shirt 'asking for trouble'?

And if it is, it says more about anyone willing to bow up to a kid than it does about the kid wearing a hat.
I didn’t say it was fair or right, but it is what it is. If you want to change the mind of everyone who is offended by it, be my guess. I just find it easier to not wear the hat (I wouldn’t wear the hat for other reasons as well). Also, there are places in this country where wearing the two things you mentioned would probably get you some conversation.

And who should he support? Look, I am with you RE: Trump. He is a lying, worthless, walking, talking colostomy bag with a bad combover. I will absolutely grant you that. Hell, I would buy you a beer just to go off about that. What politician isn't a lying POS? Who do you feel he should align himself with? Should he be able to show support for whatever politician (or sports team, school, whatever) he chooses without fear of being attacked? Then, what about the media's severe misrepresentation of what actually happened (at least what there is proof of happening)? I do not give a shit what color he is, or what socioeconomic class he is in, or whether he is a he or she. This is clearly media and political posturing that gives not one damn about ruining a kid's life. Yes, I would be doing the same if he were a black kid wearing an Obama hat getting the same crap from Fox or other right-leaning group.

I am glad you qualified your last statement with "some," as I have been rather consistent on calling out generalized nastiness on both sides (such as the Hillary Clinton appearance/cankles/other bs that is childish and unnecessary).

On to your original statement, you are correct that you did not state as explicitly as I thought. Most of the respect has been given back. You may now sleep better at night knowing that I did not lose much respect for you!

There's a 2 hour raw video of the entire event on the net that doesn't support anything from the original narrative. In that video you can see several other people videoing the event, so more videos are sure to emerge.

One of the Covington School kids has reported that lefties have been calling colleges that the kids have been accepted to and asking the schools to rescind their admission.

You're making excuses. Not even good ones.

Your babbling about loading up people in boxcars is understandable. Wearing a hat, no.

You're becoming pathetic minded.

I having nothing that needs excused. The picture of that smug little shit owning the libs is what it is. You ran out and started two threads over it, not me. I'm sorry -- the country is sick of the drooling, pissed off MAGA ethos. MAGA made their bed and now they have to deal with it.

You guys are mad at libs because you thought lying and gaslighting wouldn't have consequences. Well, it matters. If you act like that eventually it will catch up with you. Don't identifywith MAGA if you don't want to be treated like MAGA. Don't wear a white hood if you don't want to be treated like KKK. People have to be accountable in America, Brad, if you don't love this country I might suggest you leave. It's not changing to accommodate your grunting, farting, lying, belching MAGA ethos.

I having nothing that needs excused. The picture of that smug little shit owning the libs is what it is. You ran out and started two threads over it, not me. I'm sorry -- the country is sick of the drooling, pissed off MAGA ethos. MAGA made their bed and now they have to deal with it.

You guys are mad at libs because you thought lying and gaslighting wouldn't have consequences. Well, it matters. If you act like that eventually it will catch up with you. Don't identifywith MAGA if you don't want to be treated like MAGA. Don't wear a white hood if you don't want to be treated like KKK. People have to be accountable in America, Brad, if you don't love this country I might suggest you leave. It's not changing to accommodate your grunting, farting, lying, belching MAGA ethos.
I'm embarrassed for you.

tenor.gif

It’s strange how 2 people can look at the same thing and come away with exactly opposite reactions. You look at that kid and see a smug little shit. I see a geeky 15 year old pimply faced boy who is embarrassed that he's been picked out of a crowd for the spotlight by some old guy that he has never seen before. A kid that has no idea how to react so he stands mutely hoping the old man will go away quickly, trying to put on a brave face, and the only brave face he can come up with is ageeky smile.

You are correct that the kid does not deserve to become the face of a movement you find so disgusting. He was just a kid going to a school his parents put him in, with his friends, on an outing promoted by his school, wearing a hat he thought looked just the right amount of rebellious cool, approached out of nowhere by an adult that was attempting to humiliate him.

You see a smug little shit. I see a boy that does not know what to do under the circumstances facing him. I’m sure he wanted to be anywhere but where he was.

The adult should be ashamed of himself. All the adults piling on the kid, including you, should be ashamed of what you are doing to him and saying about him and projecting your hatred of DJT onto him.

Reactions: Medic007
It’s strange how 2 people can look at the same thing and come away with exactly opposite reactions. You look at that kid and see a smug little shit. I see a geeky 15 year old pimply faced boy who is embarrassed that he's been picked out of a crowd for the spotlight by some old guy that he has never seen before. A kid that has no idea how to react so he stands mutely hoping the old man will go away quickly, trying to put on a brave face, and the only brave face he can come up with is ageeky smile.

You are correct that the kid does not deserve to become the face of a movement you find so disgusting. He was just a kid going to a school his parents put him in, with his friends, on an outing promoted by his school, wearing a hat he thought looked just the right amount of rebellious cool, approached out of nowhere by an adult that was attempting to humiliate him.

You see a smug little shit. I see a boy that does not know what to do under the circumstances facing him. I’m sure he wanted to be anywhere but where he was.

The adult should be ashamed of himself. All the adults piling on the kid, including you, should be ashamed of what you are doing to him and saying about him and projecting your hatred of DJT onto him.

It's really sad. As I've said many times on here, the kid is too young to pay the price.

Rover was a good dog, but he got shot running with bad dogs. Basic parenting, my man.

As for what the picture looks like, I think the instant viral nature of it tells you how people view it. He has the maga hat and little smirk. It resonates.

If he wanted to be in another situation, just walk away. Take off the hat. So easy.

It's really sad. As I've said many times on here, the kid is too young to pay the price.

Rover was a good dog, but he got shot running with bad dogs. Basic parenting, my man.

As for what the picture looks like, I think the instant viral nature of it tells you how people view it. He has the maga hat and little smirk. It resonates.

If he wanted to be in another situation, just walk away. Take off the hat. So easy.
Yes, because 15 year old boys always know the right thing to do. No 15 year old before him has ever stood mute and unable to move when an embarrassing spotlight has unexpectedly shone on him. This is the first kid ever who didn’t have the wherewithal.

I like you, sys. I always have. But your reaction on this matter does not behoove you. I hope you don’t really believe what you are saying, that you feel you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way you see out is to double down. I hope when you stop to reflect on what you have done and said you realize how cruel you have been, and at least admit to yourself that you regret it.

People: Racism is alive and we need to do everything in our power to destroy it!

Same people: Look at this white kid smiling. That means he’s rich, never been told no, born w everything he want and hates all minorities. His parents also need to be shunned!

@Ponca Dan you've shown a lot of grace and humanity here in your last few posts.

I'm not going to Like them, though, because as this thread moves forward, I don't want Sys to associate bad things with you because he sees that I liked your post.

Thank you for the humanity you speak.

Hot take: if you wear a political slogan on your hat/shirt, be it a Obama Hope shirt or a MAGA hat you’ve got bootlicking tendencies.

Reactions: CowboyJD
Yes, because 15 year old boys always know the right thing to do. No 15 year old before him has ever stood mute and unable to move when an embarrassing spotlight has unexpectedly shone on him. This is the first kid ever who didn’t have the wherewithal.

I like you, sys. I always have. But your reaction on this matter does not behoove you. I hope you don’t really believe what you are saying, that you feel you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way you see out is to double down. I hope when you stop to reflect on what you have done and said you realize how cruel you have been, and at least admit to yourself that you regret it.

I'm still trying to figure out where you disagree with me on this.

I'm still trying to figure out where you disagree with me on this.
Really? I wrote about a thousand words in opposition to your attitude and you wonder where I disagree with you? You call him a smug little shit that, because he wore a MAGA hat deserved the attention he got. I call him a geeky teenager who was put into a situation not of his making by an adult who attempted to provoke him and/or humiliate him, and responded with typical teenage fear and indecision on what to do, who responded with a stupid smile that you see as a smile from a privileged white boy, while I see it as the reaction of a kid who didn't know what to do. Now do you see where we disagree?

If you study history and view the current antics of the Left (including the "media,") parts of America are starting to look a whole lot like early 20th century Russia, and/or 1930's Germany!

And the Left has the audacity to call Conservatives Nazis???
Or today's Venezuela. Leftism always creates shithole dictatorships and governments. Their policies never work, so in order to enact them, they use promises of tons of free stuff to lure the uninformed and compliant masses into the fold. When their policies begin to fail, they use whatever force is necessary to maintain their power. Leftists love to be able to pick and choose winners by governmental fiat. That allows them to reward their supporters and punish their dissenters.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. You can clearly see the behavior that creates dictators and authoritarian regimes in today's American left.

If you study history and view the current antics of the Left (including the "media,") parts of America are starting to look a whole lot like early 20th century Russia, and/or 1930's Germany!

And the Left has the audacity to call Conservatives Nazis???

What is leftist about Hitler? Don't see a lot of cultural relativism in 1930's Germany.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT