ADVERTISEMENT

Check out this raving lunatic...

Who’s truly making/made America great? A Native American Vietnam veteran beating his drum and singing his native spiritual anthem, or a kid wearing a MAGA hat?

Your problem is that you think both of those acts are mutually exclusive in their significance and contributions to freedom of expression and speech.

You do not want freedom of speech or expression, and you will destroy anyone that does not comply with your sense of what is acceptable freedom of speech or expression.

One non-adult, says nothing with hands in pocket. One adult gets in a kids face and beats a drum invading his personal space. The adult was hoping to incite him, the kid was mature beyond his years and did nothing.

What generated interest was how these messages were delivered. Obviously, you would have been ok with the adult taking the hat off the kid and burning it.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
That picture will follow that kid around for the rest of his life

You may be right. And if so, remember this. It’s 100% because and adult picked him out of a crowd, approached him and tried to incite a reaction from him (and later lied about the interaction). He got nothing but an awkward kid’s smile - and for that, the kid has been doxed, threatened and vilified.

Just think about that. Are you really ok with that? Is there no line of civility or things we have in common as humans that can’t be crossed anymore? It’s ok to ruin this kids life because this son of a bitch picked him out of a crowd and he smiled?

You may be right. And if so, remember this. It’s 100% because and adult picked him out of a crowd, approached him and tried to incite a reaction from him (and later lied about the interaction). He got nothing but an awkward kid’s smile - and for that, the kid has been doxed, threatened and vilified.

Just think about that. Are you really ok with that? Is there no line of civility or things we have in common as humans that can’t be crossed anymore? It’s ok to ruin this kids life because this son of a bitch picked him out of a crowd and he smiled?

Translation: There is no compromise from the left - ever, at all, for anything. Even something as trivial as this.

Brad, does anyone on the 'right' do that about the left on this board?

Sounds like something you'd like to discuss more deeply. Why don't you create a thread for it?

My abbreviated response lassoing in the original implication of the thread is: I observe what seems like a much greater propensity to apologize for a misjudgment by those on the right than those on the left.

More drastic than that, I see a much larger willingness to listen and seek to understand by those on the right than the left. That was modeled by President Obama for 8 years.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton

i read about this maga kid getting in the face of an indian vietnam vet from tweets from people i follow in israel and catalonia.

i was efin pissed at these kids as it crosses all sorts of lines for me, starting with being a thug and a bully and moving towards disrespecting a vietnam vet

then i watch the video and i couldn’t have any more respect for the kid for smiling right in the face of these assholes trying to incite reaction from him

and don’t go moving the goalposts by making this about the kid his past or anything he’s done outside of this smear job gone viral

you gotta be a special kinda of mentally deficient to in any way shape or form condone this hatchet job as anything but a disgusting perversion of truth

A kid who’s been indoctrinated by his home and school into believing the “MAGA” mentality is truly aspiring to greatness.

I don’t have empathy for that gullibility and lack of independent thought. Maybe you do ***shrugs shoulders***
Oh, so it’s one’s fault if he or she is born into a toxic environment and hasn’t yet been able to escape that environment and develop into a “woke” adult with independent thought?

And maybe this instance falls under @CowboyUp 's generalizing of all things horrible about people of the right.

Well... yeah. Do you watch the news? Every day something new and awful. Put a maga hat on a kid and there's a rebuttable presumption he's a mad, dumb, entitled little shit. Ya'll have worked overtime to cultivate that stereotype, don't start the pearl clutching now that it's taken hold.

Well... yeah. Do you watch the news? Every day something new and awful. Put a maga hat on a kid and there's a rebuttable presumption he's a mad, dumb, entitled little shit. Ya'll have worked overtime to cultivate that stereotype, don't start the pearl clutching now that it's taken hold.

Man, I knew this thread could be revealing.

I'm disappointed.

First thing first.....Kudos to 24/7 board Lieftists for not falling all over themselves to run in here and condemn the "MAGA Catholic kids."

This lady is miserable.

Anytime I hear someone use the term “privilege” in that context I know I’m talking to a leftist lemming who is probably a racist.

next you’ll start calling us snowflakes

I was calling the white christian hyper-sensitive conservatives snowflakes before you were programmed by your incel right wing media. These right wing born followers are the archetype of a snowflake. They show up to troll an old indian with a drum and they're the victim. Riiiiiight, Frosty.

I was calling the white christian hyper-sensitive conservatives snowflakes before you were programmed by your incel right wing media. These right wing born followers are the archetype of a snowflake. They show up to troll an old indian with a drum and they're the victim. Riiiiiight, Frosty.

Except ya know for multiple cameras showing that didn’t happen.

You're speaking in ignorance. Watch the tape.

You should be proud of them, as should their school, parents, etc....

The whole impulse control conversation you entered into with me the other day... you're not living it. But they did.

Except ya know for multiple cameras showing that didn’t happen.

The last time I parsed incel video posted on these boards, some people were victimized by antifa and a white guy hit a gal without provocation. It was a total lie and I think you may have even been helping spin it up. I looked at it carefully and it was total bullshit. Ya'll put so much stupid, apocryphal stuff out there that "wolf" won't bring out the villagers any more. I saw enough, that kid is gonna have a long row to hoe.

Right? Again... collective yawn. You carry water for a POTUS that won't release his tax returns. He defrauded students. Mexico was gonna pay for the wall and he shut down the government to make the U.S. taxpayer pay for it. He lies every day - clumsy, obvious, insulting lies -- and you think that carrying that water has done something besides destroy your credibility?

The last time I parsed incel video posted on these boards, some people were victimized by antifa and a white guy hit a gal without provocation. It was a total lie and I think you may have even been helping spin it up. I looked at it carefully and it was total bullshit. Ya'll put so much stupid, apocryphal stuff out there that "wolf" won't bring out the villagers any more. I saw enough, that kid is gonna have a long row to hoe.
Translated: Once the narrative has been downloaded, I'm unable to deviate from it. The only thing I know as fact is what my Dear Leaders and their propaganda mouthpieces tell me is fact. My Party wants me "unaware and compliant," and I will never ever disappoint them.

Right? Again... collective yawn. You carry water for a POTUS that won't release his tax returns. He defrauded students. Mexico was gonna pay for the wall and he shut down the government to make the U.S. taxpayer pay for it. He lies every day - clumsy, obvious, insulting lies -- and you think that carrying that water has done something besides destroy your credibility?

This thread is just another pitiful example of what a stupid person you are. You were wrong but you just plow ahead.

Toon this is what you have to look forward to. Your bitterness and anger metastasizing over time mixed with hemorrhoids and erectile dysfunction.

This thread is just another pitiful example of what a stupid person you are. You were wrong but you just plow ahead.

Toon this is what you have to look forward to. Your bitterness and anger metastasizing over time mixed with hemorrhoids and erectile dysfunction.
Bingo.

Reactions: HighStickHarry
Yeah...shit happens lol...

What’s funny is peeps defending a kid who, as a freshman, tried to hire an “essay writing service” to do his homework. Whose mother claims he did it because of “black Muslims” haha

“Context”
“Raving lunatics”
A kid who’s been indoctrinated by his home and school into believing the “MAGA” mentality is truly aspiring to greatness.

I don’t have empathy for that gullibility and lack of independent thought. Maybe you do ***shrugs shoulders***
Seek professional mental help!

Reactions: Medic007
Its an awful look. That picture will follow that kid around for the rest of his life.

Edit: and no, I'm not reviewing 30 minutes of footage between an old Indian beating a drum and a maga crew. I don't care. The kid will be forever stigmatized for being a smug little maga stereotype. Kids gotta be careful who they associate with.

Here's Sys's muse:

Love the "I don't have time to find our what actually happened, this kid is a perfect sacrifice to burn at our leftie rage stake" stance. So pissed the BuzzFeed story turned out to be BS, this kid is the fall guy.

The author writes “The video is being widely cited as an example of the Trumpification of Christianity, and connected to the Karen Pence school controversy as yet another example of why conservative Christianity is an evil that must be driven from the precincts of the decent.”

He’s right. The eradication of Christian cultural norms is the end-game for the “progressive” left. And it will be replaced with worship at the altar of sodomy, abortion, wealth redristibution etc....

Reactions: CBradSmith
This story makes me angry on two fronts.

First, the fact that this story was even reported continues to speak to the downhill spiral our news media has taken. That smart educated people continue to be duped into believing something just because they saw it on the news saddens me. I don't know if it was first reported via twitter and then picked up by news outlets, but shame on us for trusting anything coming from twitter/media in this day and time. Shame on the media for not doing their jobs correctly. Verify and report is what I'm sure most were taught, but it's easier to report first. Case in point the Buzzfeed story. We know the media has an agenda so they are going to run with any story that they see as negative to Trump supporters, Christians, normal thinking people. I found it funny that Chuck Todd this morning on Meet the Press tried to spin the Buzzfeed story to make the media the victim. He had the nerve to say that some people are just out there hoping things like this happen to us. Waa-Waa. Stand up for your profession and disassociate yourself with the bad reports and maybe people will trust you again. This kid did not go on media to complain, he wrote a note asking them to look at the whole situation, so he shouldn't be vilified in the news. I hope he doesn't end up on an endless number of talk shows, but unfortunately that's where we are as a society.

Secondly, as a Catholic I am truly disappointed in this kids Diocese. The fact that they were so quick to issue an apology and condemn the kids before even talking to the kids, just goes to speak how we as a society feel we need to apologize or risk the wrath of the intolerant left. No punishment should be given to these kids, and they should issue a public apology to those kids.

To those on the left, sad that your lives are so disappointing that you have to find joy in the misery of others.

This story makes me angry on two fronts.

First, the fact that this story was even reported continues to speak to the downhill spiral our news media has taken. That smart educated people continue to be duped into believing something just because they saw it on the news saddens me. I don't know if it was first reported via twitter and then picked up by news outlets, but shame on us for trusting anything coming from twitter/media in this day and time. Shame on the media for not doing their jobs correctly. Verify and report is what I'm sure most were taught, but it's easier to report first. Case in point the Buzzfeed story. We know the media has an agenda so they are going to run with any story that they see as negative to Trump supporters, Christians, normal thinking people. I found it funny that Chuck Todd this morning on Meet the Press tried to spin the Buzzfeed story to make the media the victim. He had the nerve to say that some people are just out there hoping things like this happen to us. Waa-Waa. Stand up for your profession and disassociate yourself with the bad reports and maybe people will trust you again. This kid did not go on media to complain, he wrote a note asking them to look at the whole situation, so he shouldn't be vilified in the news. I hope he doesn't end up on an endless number of talk shows, but unfortunately that's where we are as a society.

Secondly, as a Catholic I am truly disappointed in this kids Diocese. The fact that they were so quick to issue an apology and condemn the kids before even talking to the kids, just goes to speak how we as a society feel we need to apologize or risk the wrath of the intolerant left. No punishment should be given to these kids, and they should issue a public apology to those kids.

To those on the left, sad that your lives are so disappointing that you have to find joy in the misery of others.

Post more!

Obviously this guy could be a fake. Or maybe he's mainstream leftist.

Yea, I have no rreal contribution to this thread other than to say that this thread has brought out the worst from the left. No care that a kid’s reputation is being trashed for no reason. The righties here have their moments as well, but I cannot think of a comparable one to this. Sys, you of all, I lost the most respwct for. Toon is batshit crazy, that will never change, but sys was a decent anti for the typical righty crap on this board.

Yea, I have no rreal contribution to this thread other than to say that this thread has brought out the worst from the left. No care that a kid’s reputation is being trashed for no reason. The righties here have their moments as well, but I cannot think of a comparable one to this. Sys, you of all, I lost the most respwct for. Toon is batshit crazy, that will never change, but sys was a decent anti for the typical righty crap on this board.
I mean, even if the kid (and friends) weren't 100% exemplary in their behavior (I'm agnostic as to the exact truth) after being confronted, they are 15 YEARS OLD for God's sake.

Reactions: Medic007 and squeak

You saw what you wanted to and protected your confirmation bias by not watching more. It’s astounding what you are admitting to here.

I'm not bitter or angry. i didn't start a thread. again, for the 5th time, I feel bad for the kid.

The thinking catholics understand how bad this church is looking right now. The wall isn't doing them any favor in latin america. If you could see the narrative your fellow children of god were seeing on the daily hispanic media you'd be concerned.

Sys, you of all, I lost the most respwct for.

I feel bad for the kid. He doesn't deserve the stigma. If the kid was or was not being a little shit he doesn't deserve the stigma for his whole life.

I'm not bitter or angry. i didn't start a thread. again, for the 5th time, I feel bad for the kid.

The thinking catholics understand how bad this church is looking right now. The wall isn't doing them any favor in latin america. If you could see the narrative your fellow children of god were seeing on the daily hispanic media you'd be concerned.

I feel bad for the kid. He doesn't deserve the stigma. If the kid was or was not being a little shit he doesn't deserve the stigma for his whole life.

Absolutely not what you have been saying in this thread. I seriously want to give you the benefit of the doubt as you are generally the best at fighting off the other side, but you explicitly stated that the kid deserved it for wearing a maga hat.

This event is what brings out the absolute worst of social media. A 1 min clip of someone smiling (smugly definitely) at another person beating a drum inches from his face has caused people publicly condemning that 1st persons complete life. Parents, teachers, dioceses, etc, are all literally compared to lynchers of the mid century South. The mob mentality is out of control. Let’s say they did the worst of what people thought (taunted a few people rudely basically), they really deserve their lives to be ruined for that? How about using it as a chance to teach? Add in the fact the specifics could possibly be the completely opposite of the original acct, these kids are getting death threats. People putting their picture next to pictures of sit ins. Again, it shows how far we’ve come that people think that is equivalent to sit ins to the 50-60s. Newsflash, there’s going to be idiot teenagers for all time, nothing will change that. Let’s teach, not destroy. That said, if that’s the worst that kid ever does, he’s doing pretty well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT