ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam

Mrgrapple

2nd Team
Sep 8, 2006
We down a little this year and the Sooners are better by a little this season. Will the match be competitive or just another Cowboy rout?

I’ll take a stab at some predictions.

125: Picc major dec Hoskins 4-0

Kind of a toss up at 133 but I’ll go Witcraft by dec over Madrigal 7-0

141: if Gfeller wrestles then it’s a toss up, if Hone wrestles (which I expect) then Demas by dec 7-3

149: Boo by major dec over Butler 11-3

157: Toss up. But I’ll go Thomas by dec 11-6

165: Wittlake by tech fall over Cooper 16-6

174: Shomers by dec over Mantanona 19-6

184: Montalvo by dec over Roberts 22-6

197: Geer by dec over Woodley 25-6

HWT: Toss up I’ll go Harris by dec

final Score: 28-6 Cowboys. So if my calculations are correct. Should be another OSU rout.

We down a little this year and the Sooners are better by a little this season. Will the match be competitive or just another Cowboy rout?

Much more competitive than in the past. They will be favored at 4 of the weights (133, 141, 157, 174). The 197 match is probably the premier match especially if G doesn’t wrestle and is a toss up.

HWT could also be a toss up. I think we can win at 133 and 174 and Sheets has a shot with the way he has been wrestling. We are heavy favorites at 125, 149, and 165. We should be a decided favorite at 184 as well.

OU will be looking for a slight upset at 197 in the premier matchup of two top 10 guys.

Without G & Joe, shouldn't but could lose the dual meet. By my math Joe should be able to make 174 for Bedlam. If the math is off then that's a bad mistake by the coaching staff. If Joe can't make the weight by Sunday that's a bad job by both wrestler & staff. We will see.

Without G & Joe, shouldn't but could lose the dual meet. By my math Joe should be able to make 174 for Bedlam. If the math is off then that's a bad mistake by the coaching staff. If Joe can't make the weight by Sunday that's a bad job by both wrestler & staff. We will see.
Yes Joe can be 174

John saying that we could see a lot more Oklahoma kids this weekend got me excited. Gfeller and Joe back, hopefully. Any word on Kaid? I guess it will be on ESPN+ For us that can’t make it?

i
John saying that we could see a lot more Oklahoma kids this weekend got me excited. Gfeller and Joe back, hopefully. Any word on Kaid? I guess it will be on ESPN+ For us that can’t make it?
think it will be on fox sports

Kaid tore his ACL and had surgery.

It's on Cox #27 in Tulsa at 2:00

Kaid tore his ACL and had surgery.
Was there some talk about him returning this year? I would be really surprised if he could come back from that surgery quick enough to compete this season. Hopefully get him healthy and he wants to compete next season.

Was there some talk about him returning this year? I would be really surprised if he could come back from that surgery quick enough to compete this season. Hopefully get him healthy and he wants to compete next season.

There was but it will be near the end of the season if it is possible. Mid-February would be the 6 month mark from surgery which is on the very fast and early end of an ACL recovery.

There was but it will be near the end of the season if it is possible. Mid-February would be the 6 month mark from surgery which is on the very fast and early end of an ACL recovery.
Month 6 is by no means the end. 0% chance he competes this season.

Is the expectation that he will come back for a 6th season? If he does and can get to 133, oh boy....next season it starts getting fun. Need a transfer at 285.

It's sad that I would be surprised if Joe made weight for Bedlam.
Talked to a wrestlers parent tonight, they said they would be shocked if Joe wrestles Sunday. He misses lots of practices.

We don't all live in Tulsa, got any better info like Fox Sports 1 or 2, Foxmidwest, Foxsouth, FoxOklahoma ... ? I fail to undertand why OSU changed their web site schedule to exclude the coverage info, but it appears OU is the same, not listed. :(

FS Oklahoma and FSSW since it will be produced by Oklahoma. They don't use ESPN+ since they control their third tier rights.

Reactions: oberebo

141: if Gfeller wrestles then it’s a toss up, if Hone wrestles (which I expect) then Demas by dec 7-3

final Score: 28-6 Cowboys. So if my calculations are correct. Should be another OSU rout.
If that's how it shakes out, do you super smart wrestling folks consider that acceptable for this current squad? I follow, but mostly on the periphery. Ive seen negatives about the squad, but stomping the goons is always good.

I wonder if we will ever see this series full of AA's on both teams again? Back when Abel, Stanley and Humphries were there, they were money! Teyon and that group were pretty tough, back when we were stacking titles.

If that's how it shakes out, do you super smart wrestling folks consider that acceptable for this current squad? I follow, but mostly on the periphery. Ive seen negatives about the squad, but stomping the goons is always good.

If we hammer them 28-6 it will be a VERY good weekend for this current group.

Reactions: EvilPOKES
Any info as to who's wrestling today at 41 and 74?

Won’t know until we see who weighs in. As soon as Joe can get to the weight (has to follow NCAA mandated cutting time line) he will wrestle.

G is coming off an ankle injury so it’s more up in the air for his return.

This is going to be much more fun than watching the last few. The Gooners have to be favored in 3 matches. 133, 141, HWT, and 157 and 197 are tossups. 174, if Joseph doesnt wrestle, is an OU lean.

But, Witcraft will get an upset, Geer and Sheets will win the tossups. Picc, Boo, and Wittlake will get Bonus Points. And it won't be as close as it looks on paper.

#RideemCowboys!

Trackwrestling shows G and Joe both in.Not sure if it's correct or not.For those not able to watch Track boutboard will be working.

Scratch above about the weigh-ins. Joe weighed in but was above174. Shomers who is on the way down to 157 will have to wrestle 174 and he weighed in at 162.4. Gfeller will not be wrestling so on paper it is about a toss up match. They will start at 125.

Thought Joe was eligible to wrestle 174 today per NCAA rules ?

It was going to be close. There is a timeline they have follow. If he isn’t cleared to weigh there yet it will likely only he a few more days.

Doesn’t surprise me they are going to hold G out for this one. That’s a tough matchup to come off an injury and making weight for.

Last edited:

Pretty much agree except Picc by fall, and Mantanona by fall, or he loses.

It’s streaming on the fox sports go app, you just need to know the login of someone in the viewership area.

Pic with a 14-2 MD.

Witcraft pulls the upset with a close 6-5 win.

OSU up 7-0

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT