ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam

Hone acquits himself well against Demas losing 6-4 and prevents giving up any bonus to OU’s best wrestler.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
My prediction....Mantanona gets the fall at 174, or he loses after taking a lead early and gases.

Wittlake with the 3 - 2 Dec. Rode him out the 3rd period to win on riding time. 13 - 6 oSu.

Witlake with a less than impressive win at 3-2 over a underweight true freshman.

The fact the refs can deduct a team point is one of the dumbest things about the sport. Just absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
The gooner conditioning is lackluster, even in their wins they look sluggish.

This reffing is pitiful. John might get another team point deducted before this is over.

Reactions: osu2082
Is Geer a legitimate 197 pounder, size-wise?

Hard to know... It was pretty widely discussed he would bump up heading into this year and then we were all pretty surprised when he said during preseason media days that he was going to stay at 184.

A few weeks later Taco was in at 184 and Dakota was bumped up. He said recently that 184 is a tough cut and that he liked being able to not worry about a hard cut so who knows.

Hard to know... It was pretty widely discussed he would bump up heading into this year and then we were all pretty surprised when he said during preseason media days that he was going to stay at 184.

A few weeks later Taco was in at 184 and Dakota was bumped up. He said recently that 184 is a tough cut and that he liked being able to not worry about a hard cut so who knows.
We were in much better shape than OU in about every match. We won the close ones and they almost gave up on two of the matches they were heavily favored in. Pic,Travis,boo all looked solid. Witlake won 3-2 with no takedowns and did not look good. He was stronger and able to ride out the 3rd but IMO not the more talented.
Geer wrestled a sub-par match for him but won. He is not a 197 pounder but wins on wiles and is great on top. Austin Harris wins over another much larger but less talented heavy weight. Kudos to Shomers for almost winning while weighing at least 12 pounds less than his opponent. All Wyatt needs for Christmas is a takedown move. He is strong and better than average on top but has not demonstrated he can take people down. He works hard but seems slow to react.

Reactions: osuind
Thanks. I thought this was on espn+ but guess not.

I guess it’s over. 23-9 final? That’s a low scoring match if that’s the final.

After the match John basically said Kaid would be back this year.

@100TonsofOrangeFury

Must have been a very minor tear. John said Kaid will be back in January which would be 5 months removed from surgery.

Doesn't work that way with an ACL. It's torn or torn enough for surgery or it's not. If it is grafted (surgery) then the timetable for recovery doesn't really change...the graft progresses very similar in every patient. Unless there is something I'm not aware of, there is not a test to test graft strength.

If there wasn't surgery, then he could be out a few weeks.

Now, if it was cartilage, this timetable would fit.

Reactions: 100TonsofOrangeFury
Doesn't work that way with an ACL. It's torn or torn enough for surgery or it's not. If it is grafted (surgery) then the timetable for recovery doesn't really change...the graft progresses very similar in every patient. Unless there is something I'm not aware of, there is not a test to test graft strength.

If there wasn't surgery, then he could be out a few weeks.

Now, if it was cartilage, this timetable would fit.

It was reported as a torn ACL and that he had surgery. Maybe that wasn’t the exact injury? 5 or 5.5 months is on the extreme quick end and seems crazy that he could be ready at any point in the month of January.

It was reported as a torn ACL and that he had surgery. Maybe that wasn’t the exact injury? 5 or 5.5 months is on the extreme quick end and seems crazy that he could be ready at any point in the month of January.

He can't be at 5 months. The graft is pretty weak and I don't think McBride clinic will release any ACL at 6 months. I think a full release can be granted at 8, but 6 is possible I guess?

He can't be at 5 months. The graft is pretty weak and I don't think McBride clinic will release any ACL at 6 months. I think a full release can be granted at 8, but 6 is possible I guess?

Mid January would put him at 5 months which is crazy. Now I know there have been some basketball and soccer players who have resumed playing at 6 months but that isn’t the norm.

It's all a weird deal, there's no way anyone is getting their knee cranked on 5 or 6 months after a new graft. 8 or 9 months is the norm and that's not taking into account the strength of the muscles supporting the knee.

When was the surgery?

It's all a weird deal, there's no way anyone is getting their knee cranked on 5 or 6 months after a new graft. 8 or 9 months is the norm and that's not taking into account the strength of the muscles supporting the knee.

When was the surgery?

Around August 15th. As I said above, there has been some basketball and soccer players who have resumed playing at around the 6 month mark but that is on the extreme quick side and isn’t the norm obviously.

Coach Smith was pretty adamant we would see him in January.

Around August 15th. As I said above, there has been some basketball and soccer players who have resumed playing at around the 6 month mark but that is on the extreme quick side and isn’t the norm obviously.

Coach Smith was pretty adamant we would see him in January.
I guess if you don't mind the risk of re-injury and have no desire to wrestle past this spring, you might just decide to give it a go. That's a personal decision and I'd respect Kaid going for it but cringe watching him get into any kind of stressful position.

The ACL graft at 6 months is 50% of normal breaking strength, at 8 months 80% of normal breaking strength. Typically return to full sport specific activity drills at 4-6 months but dependent on: Full range of movement. No effusion after exercise.

I doubt we see him if it was an ACL. If he had cartilage removed, that fits this timeline better.

The ACL graft at 6 months is 50% of normal breaking strength, at 8 months 80% of normal breaking strength. Typically return to full sport specific activity drills at 4-6 months but dependent on: Full range of movement. No effusion after exercise.

I doubt we see him if it was an ACL. If he had cartilage removed, that fits this timeline better.

Pretty certain is was an ACL. As I said I’ve seen high level athletes come back in 6 months but it isn’t the norm. Late January would be 5.5-6 months for him. Seems awful quick but again he and the doctors/trainers know his body and injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT