ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling question

SlingBlade

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
I'm a wrestling fan, but admittedly, I don't know many of the ins and outs of rules or history of the game.

I've been wondering, has head slapping always been a part of wrestling? Maybe just noticing it this year, but seems like some matches are just sort of a boxing match or MMA.

I'm a wrestling fan, but admittedly, I don't know many of the ins and outs of rules or history of the game.

I've been wondering, has head slapping always been a part of wrestling? Maybe just noticing it this year, but seems like some matches are just sort of a boxing match or MMA.
To a point it's allowed.

Yes, it’s normal, allowed, expected, etc. and is simply a method for almost every Wrestler.

You can’t utilize hands to the face, and there’s a thing called hands/head defense.

It’s generally a timing thing, like a jab in boxing…which I know nothing about.

Wrestlers typically use their hands from neutral to move their opponent and get them out of position for a leg attack. Sometimes it’s more of a head tap setup that creates the rhythm they want. Other times they’re using “heavy hands” trying to forcefully move the feet and head of their opponent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT