ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam week

Brett, which confused the crud out of me because here’s a highly decorated wrestler, at least in Olympic styles. It’s not like he’s some scrub OU pulled out of the stands.

Not sure if he’s injured, or what. I totally expected a better effort, which would have led to a better match at least. Hopefully he’ll pull it together and come back and learn from this match.

Brett, which confused the crud out of me because here’s a highly decorated wrestler, at least in Olympic styles. It’s not like he’s some scrub OU pulled out of the stands.

Not sure if he’s injured, or what. I totally expected a better effort, which would have led to a better match at least. Hopefully he’ll pull it together and come back and learn from this match.

The TV announcers mentioned something about Montanona not feeling well. Demas wrestled a smart match against Brock. Brock needs to add some more strength, but his conditioning looked better, as did the whole OSU team.

Reactions: osu2082
The TV announcers mentioned something about Montanona not feeling well. Demas wrestled a smart match against Brock. Brock needs to add some more strength, but his conditioning looked better, as did the whole OSU team.
Montanona started the year 5-6 and is now 5-7.Hes
a tough kid whos struggling with losing this is the time in your career that makes or breaks you.Hopefully he can figure it out his next 3 matches he can win.

looks like kaid understandibly is going to deal with horsepower issues at 41

he will be wrestling with no margin for error this year

He looked big against Demas.

He’s so explosive with that pass-by move. If you’re not specifically looking to defend that, you’re going to be a victim.

I thought the penalty point for unnecessary roughness (or whatever he called) was unnecessary as well. Brock did continue the action twice after the ref blew the whistle, both times dumping Dom pretty hard. I don’t think either one warranted the call, but I guess the ref just thought that after the first time he needed to put a stop to that. Again, I didn’t agree with it. Just thinking this was why it was called.
I watched the Demus v Brock match again (stall call didn't bother me live) and saw no reason for the stall call, really a bit of an embarrassment cause its what you might expect in CHA but not in this case. But also the penalty point: first continuation Brock really had no way to know his foot had cleared the line, he just continued wrestling. Second one you could hear the horn, but all are taught to continue wrestling thru the whistle (I've seen wrestlers lose who didn't). Both cases looked worse because Demus stopped wrestling (went limp) so just had the appearance of going to the mat harder than it probably really was. But I think the bigger point regarding the penalty (and perhaps what John was making) is this is BEDLAM !!. If OU and the ref don't understand what BEDLAM wrestling is about perhaps they should have stayed home and played football on their x-box. :(

IMHO what helped Kaid the most with the stalling calls was the hustle back to the center of the mat. I rewatched it also and Kaid changed his style in the third and starting trying to shoot in on the legs. Demas looked to just catch and hold.
Jacobe needs more direction on what to do when the opponent does nothing. Twice he was looking at John figuring out his next move while mantanona was sleeping.

I watched the Demus v Brock match again (stall call didn't bother me live) and saw no reason for the stall call, really a bit of an embarrassment cause its what you might expect in CHA but not in this case. But also the penalty point: first continuation Brock really had no way to know his foot had cleared the line, he just continued wrestling. Second one you could hear the horn, but all are taught to continue wrestling thru the whistle (I've seen wrestlers lose who didn't). Both cases looked worse because Demus stopped wrestling (went limp) so just had the appearance of going to the mat harder than it probably really was. But I think the bigger point regarding the penalty (and perhaps what John was making) is this is BEDLAM !!. If OU and the ref don't understand what BEDLAM wrestling is about perhaps they should have stayed home and played football on their x-box. :(
Looking in the rule book where it says all rules change because it’s Bedlam.

Looking in the rule book where it says all rules change because it’s Bedlam.
Its there, pretty sure you have to go back and look at the Jan 27, 1928 entry where it's agreed that Bedlam is Bedlam and no past or future rules can change that fact. Just because the current OU coach doesn't believe in Bedlam that doesn't change the fact that it is Bedlam. ;)

Reactions: MiccoMacey
I coached against Rosselli’s son today on the consolation side of the bracket, after he quickly demolished my first year wrestler and unsnapped his OU headgear he came over for the handshake, I told him good job and dropped a little “Go Pokes!” on him. I realize he’s in 8th grade but I feel pretty good about my decision.

If I'm them I'm excited to get a great partner.Dean is at Campbell also and he really likes Kolat so if he moved on that wouldn't be a surprise

Could be. But you could also see it as they were just "recruited over".

There doesn't seem to be a lot of RTCs with multiple senior athletes vying for the same Olympic/World team spot. And I mean guys that are serious about making the World team, not guys that are really just senior athlete "coaches".

It happens a lot with a college guy and a post grad - Retherford/Molinaro in the past, Lee/Gilman & Yianni/JO going forward. But I can't think of many with 2 post grads. Ramos/Dennis was one, but they were both former Hawkeyes.

Could be. But you could also see it as they were just "recruited over".

There doesn't seem to be a lot of RTCs with multiple senior athletes vying for the same Olympic/World team spot. And I mean guys that are serious about making the World team, not guys that are really just senior athlete "coaches".

It happens a lot with a college guy and a post grad - Retherford/Molinaro in the past, Lee/Gilman & Yianni/JO going forward. But I can't think of many with 2 post grads. Ramos/Dennis was one, but they were both former Hawkeyes.
It is a odd situation to have 3 guys at 1 weight

Heil went to Campbell with Cary Kolat back in May. Dean’s little brother wrestles there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT