ADVERTISEMENT

ABC cancels Rosanne after tweet

Also
giphy.gif

Like I said I knew it

"I'll play along though, because I am pretty certain that you are just going with the baffle them with bullshit strategy, or misapplying something you heard a weeping professor say on youtube."

Like I said, you treat people like shit and don't honestly care.

Like I said, I'll continue to remind people that you're a hack, not interested in where the data leads.

So is it true Pussyhats?

They pulled all of her reruns

And replaced them with serial rapist Cosby?!?!?!

LMMFAOIT

What do YOU say about it? (Remember, you're the one who threatened to kill him.)

Evidence I ever said that? Proof? Oh you don’t have shit like the other idiots who liked your post lol.

I said I’d be happy if/when someone assasinated his dumb ass. Still stands.

Okay, actually dumb, not just playing dumb. Fair enough.

Read this on who gets to be white in America

As for why it is OK to call GW Bush a monkey, but not VJ? In the U.S. the essential humanity of white people has never been in question.

I don’t think I give a shit anymore. We were taught as children of the 80’s that everyone is the same and race should never be a factor in your decision making. 600,000 white men died ending slavery. White men gave blacks the right to vote, passed affirmative action and made it illegal to discriminate against minorities. Whites gave women the right to vote knowing full well it was against their own self interest. It’s over for me. You are not special you are not black or brown you are just a person to me.

Barack obama doesn’t look like a monkey. Not at all. Valerie does look like the chick from planet of the apes and I also thought she was Iranian. Donald trump is a complete mess from the neck up and I assume down as well.

However, it is shameful anyone should ever make fun of someone else’s looks. Twitter is a cesspool of the worst kind of people.

Evidence I ever said that? Proof? Oh you don’t have shit like the other idiots who liked your post lol.

Unhappy, angry and hateful. You're in the right place, politically. Also, not real bright.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medic007
Wow. What a true piece of shit you are.

Yup the worst lol...worse than a guy who:

- Cheated/s? On multiple wives, pregnant
- Robbed/s? people out of money, destroying small businesses and contractors
- Snake oil salesman (Trump “University”)
- Built/s? apartments without basic sensors
- Hires cheap foreign labor preaching Hire/Buy American
- was investigated by the Justice Department for housing discimination a couple years out of college
- may be a traitor, specifically with financial ties to Russia
- KKK dad/Nazi grandfather, rhetoric echoes the past

Yup, I’m the devil compared to that haha

Last edited:
Brad.

Not to make this personal, but I found this post interesting. IMO, you come across as one of the more intense and serious posters on this site. When I read your posts, they feel really angry and derisive. I don't see a lot of light-hearted posts coming from you. At least not on the 24/7 board. Maybe it is just the environment. I'm a lot less laid back over here also.

I appreciate the feedback. I wrestle with tone on this board.

Barred-600-LI.jpg

Yet, the racist bitch "Truther", Joy Reid, still remains at MSNBC as more of her racist blog posts appear.

No matter how much I disagree or dislike somebody, I would never wish them dead, let alone anything else.

I am going to forward this post to the secret service and perhaps the FBI let them know you have previously admitted to being suicidal and you are a thirty something living with mommy, you fit the profile.

Last edited:

You need help.

That will be the only reason.

Well, to be fair.... Pushing the envelope and insulting public figures is in her job description. Sure, she went too far, but what she said was not racist. I don't think it is as black and white (no pun intended) as what Barr did.

Well, to be fair.... Pushing the envelope and insulting public figures is in her job description. Sure, she went too far, but what she said was not racist. I don't think it is as black and white (no pun intended) as what Barr did.
I think both are equally repulsive.

That will be the only reason.

That should be the primary reason...maybe the only reason...for a publicly traded media organization with a fiduciary duty to their stockholders, IMO.

Do we believe keeping someone will cost us money in the long run? Bye.

Will getting rid of them make us money in the long run? Run some mea culpa laps and get back in the game.

I believe it is a bit naive to expect moral reasoning and motives from a corporation.

So racial insults should be weighed more heavily than other insults? Where do Jewish, Islam, Christian insults rank? What about LGBT insults? Did I insult someone by leaving out an initial?

That should be the primary reason...maybe the only reason...for a publicly traded media organization with a fiduciary duty to their stockholders, IMO.

Do we believe keeping someone will cost us money in the long run? Bye.

Will getting rid of them make us money in the long run? Run some mea culpa laps and get back in the game.

I believe it is a bit naive to expect moral reasoning and motives from a corporation.

If money was the only concern, then Roseanne would probably still be on as it killed it in the ratings. Of course we'll never know what advertisers may have dropped because of the tweet, but ABC/Disney wasn't worried about the bottom line.

If money was the only concern, then Roseanne would probably still be on as it killed it in the ratings. Of course we'll never know what advertisers may have dropped because of the tweet, but ABC/Disney wasn't worried about the bottom line.

1. You have no way of knowing what ABC/Disney was or wasn’t worried about the bottom line. As you admit, we will never know what the full effect on the bottom line might have been. They quite easily could have made this decision based upon the bottom line. That could also explain their public tweet concerning the matter as “virtue signaling” to protect their $$ as well.

IMO, it perfectly explains the PERCEIVED double standard between their decisions to keep the View and to let Roseanne go. It’s not a double standard if the primary consideration is money. If that is the standard for making the decision, it is a even handed application of the standard....even if you disagree as to whether or not they were correct in their $$ evaluation.

2. Even if the Disney organization was promoting a particular bias or political motivation in making their decision, that is absolutely their right under the 1st Amendment. You can certainly choose to not watch their other products because you disagree with their decision. I prefer my corporations to make decisions based upon maximum productivity and $$ for the stocks I own in them, but if they make decisions based upon other factors they are certainly entitled to do so and I can decide whether or not I want to keep the stock.

And I agree with you, but cancelling the show 30 minutes after the tweet is enough proof to me that there probably wasn't a full board meeting to weigh the pros and cons monetarily of cancelling the show, or calling any advertisers to get their opinions or pretty much anyone. The president of ABC made the decision and that was that. ABC's right to do it and obviously their president has the power to cancel any show. But don't try to make it out like it was strictly some business decision. It was as much an emotional reaction to her tweet as anything.

And I agree with you, but cancelling the show 30 minutes after the tweet is enough proof to me that there probably wasn't a full board meeting to weigh the pros and cons monetarily of cancelling the show, or calling any advertisers to get their opinions or pretty much anyone. The president of ABC made the decision and that was that. ABC's right to do it and obviously their president has the power to cancel any show. But don't try to make it out like it was strictly some business decision. It was as much an emotional reaction to her tweet as anything.

Put yourself in the place of a corporate manager with talented black employees looking at their phones and seeing that someone with the company called a black person an ape. As a principle of managing employees, and nothing more, she needs to be gone. Imagine the issues that injects into a workplace.

Last edited:
The real bottom line is that people need to keep vulgar attacks to themselves. Especially when it comes to people that don't deserve them.

Reactions: CowboyJD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT