ADVERTISEMENT

ABC cancels Rosanne after tweet

Brad If you actually loved your mom you'd spend the rest of the day banging your head against the wall.

Not a tall task.

I highly doubt you truly love her. You just like a good mace or warhammer, ambiguously defined but emotionally charged enough to be somewhat effective in dumb circles.

A light unto the country, that's Pilt.

Hope and Change but no specifics.

A light unto the country, that's Pilt.

Hope and Change but no specifics.
I can tell by your typing instead banging your head against the wall that you clearly don't love your mom.

What a bad son.

I can tell by your typing instead banging your head against the wall that you clearly don't love your mom.

What a bad son.

You've successfully not moved the country forward.

Good job, if that was your aim.

Was there ever "white privilege" in this country? If so, roughly what year did it cease to exist?

Was there ever "white privilege" in this country? If so, roughly what year did it cease to exist?
Big mistake. What you don't understand is how hard all of these people had to work to get where they are today.

DeaKkbYUwAEiIfj

Posting photoshopped pics doesn’t help your cause

Reactions: Bitter Creek
you are going to have to quantify "ass" and categorize "it"

Edit: I guess you already quanitified ass
So, is that a yes? No? Afraid to answer? I think I'm starting to see why you get defensive.

I know that every single test I took in high school and college was one simple question, always the same one too. "Are you white?" A "Yes" answer got me an A every single time. And every job I've had simply asked if I was white even though my race was never asked on any job application. Weird how they just know, I guess. I've never had to provide my qualifications for the any job either.

I wonder how Ben Carson did it. Did he pretend to be white?

So, is that a yes? No? Afraid to answer? I think I'm starting to see why you get defensive.

I know that every single test I took in high school and college was one simple question, always the same one too. "Are you white?" A "Yes" answer got me an A every single time. And every job I've had simply asked if I was white even though my race was never asked on any job application. Weird how they just know, I guess. I've never had to provide my qualifications for the any job either.

I wonder how Ben Carson did it. Did he pretend to be white?
Ahhh there's the feigned ignorance.

Reactions: davidallen
18 years ago.

This would not be the first time example of something that was considered to once be acceptable, not being acceptable almost 2 decades later.

Do you think Kimmel would air a similar skit today? If he did, do you think he would lose his show and be a Hollywood pariah? (rhetorical question).

Times change. People grow. Sometimes it takes longer than it should.

You are going to need to come up with a better example of hypocrisy.

Didn't realize it was from that long ago. Should have checked it out. Thanks for the correction.

Always fun to play the "When will Medic descend into complete disinguneity" game. We made it all the way to page 4 today.
Lol. I'd like to say I have no idea why you're uncomfortable defending
Big mistake. What you don't understand is how hard all of these people had to work to get where they are today.
but unfortunately, we both know why. It's cool. I'd be trying to find the exit too.

Lol. I'd like to say I have no idea why you're uncomfortable defending

but unfortunately, we both know why. It's cool. I'd be trying to find the exit too.
huh?

I think you need to read @SMemmett's post a little closer.

Last edited:
Didn't realize it was from that long ago. Should have checked it out. Thanks for the correction.

yeah. Many of the articles that are defending Barr, are pulling events that have happened in the past without providing context.

At best, it is stretching to justify a point someone wants to make. At worst, it is propaganda meant to rile up the L.C.D.

Both sides play this game, so I am not directing this at the conservatives in particular. The reality is that the internet has allowed it to be too easy. We all have to look at narratives with a microscope rather than taking them at face value.

Reactions: CowboyJD
huh?

I think you need to read @SMemmett's post a little closer.

He leads with an assumption, ....but doesn't demonstrate the modern basis for the assumption to be accepted.

Metrics could possibly do that, if you'd hop to it.

However, you/he others seem to be significantly invested in a single attribute versus the multivariate analysis that is required. There are literally millions of dimensions, with the ultimate minority being the individual.

(...to say nothing of consequence of 100s of individual decisions spread over 1000s/tens of 1000s of days. We'll overlook that for now, just to reduce the attributes to something somewhat manageable.)

Yet you insist on assigning to the individual of a community the attributes of that community on the basis of racial identity.

You thereby do a disservice to the whole intellectual process and all the individuals, black, white, asian, Hispanic, etc touched by pushing such monolithic, homogeneous-believing ideas.

He leads with an assumption, ....but doesn't demonstrate the modern basis for the assumption to be accepted.

Metrics could possibly do that, if you'd hop to it.

However, you/he others seem to be significantly invested in a single attribute versus the multivariate analysis that is required. There are literally millions of dimensions, with the ultimate minority being the individual.

(...to say nothing of consequence of 100s of individual decisions spread over 1000s/tens of 1000s of days. We'll overlook that for now, just to reduce the attributes to something somewhat manageable.)

Yet you insist on assigning to the individual of a community the attributes of that community on the basis of racial identity.

You thereby do a disservice to the whole intellectual process and all the individuals, black, white, asian, Hispanic, etc touched by pushing such monolithic, homogeneous-believing ideas.
Damn, Brad, you were able to get off your multivariate bullshit without me even posting a single statistic. I knew you could do it.

Damn, Brad, you were able to get off your multivariate bullshit without me even posting a single statistic. I knew you could do it.

Thank you.

The dimensionality needed to pull off the measurements you're attempting to assess is much larger than your plebeian mind is allowing.

#problematic

You dodge an honest discussion of things that need to be addressed in favor of the expedient and politically beneficial.

Thank you.

The dimensionality needed to pull off the measurements you're attempting to assess is much larger than your plebeian mind is allowing.

#problematic

You dodge an honest discussion of things that need to be addressed in favor of the expedient and politically beneficial.

Lol...always the big words out of the dictionary. Never the accompanying intelligent thought.

Speak like the simpleton you are haha

Thank you.

#problematic

You are kind of giving away game here, Brad. You have straight up admitted that it is impossible to prove to you that there are racial inequalities, even if they existed. (Not a tall task indeed)

I'll play along though, because I am pretty certain that you are just going with the baffle them with bullshit strategy, or misapplying something you heard a weeping professor say on youtube.

What other dimensions should we look at when evaluating the hypothesis: "the expected outcomes in key measures such as income, wealth, educational attainment, incarceration, and life expectancy are equal for children born in the US regardless of race"

Reactions: davidallen
You are kind of giving away game here, Brad. You have straight up admitted that it is impossible to prove to you that there are racial inequalities, even if they existed. (Not a tall task indeed)

I'll play along though, because I am pretty certain that you are just going with the baffle them with bullshit strategy, or misapplying something you heard a weeping professor say on youtube.

What other dimensions should we look at when evaluating the hypothesis: "the expected outcomes in key measures such as income, wealth, educational attainment, incarceration, and life expectancy are equal for children born in the US regardless of race"

Delineate your hypothesis and get back to me. It's junk as-is.

And what exactly are you contributing to this. Include that.

Are those the only things that should be evaluated? Can all of those things be attributed solely to race? Can white people fail to be successful as well?

Are those the only things that should be evaluated? Can all of those things be attributed solely to race? Can white people fail to be successful as well?
No, but it would be a start.
No.
Yes.

I knew it

Dude, you're Mr. Bluster.

You're in here preaching your dogma.

You produce no benchmark metrics.

You create hypothesis that are not testable as formulated.

Then you browbeat people. Your attitude is pisspoor. You may have decent goals, but you treat people like shit.

Your shtick is old. And it's losing its efficacy.

If you wanna be an open minded dude and ask honest questions allowing collaboration and exploring where the data leads, then come play. But no predetermined outcomes are allowed. Data speaks for itself when correctly formulated questions and hypothesis are asked.

Until such time I'll continue to remind people that you're a partisan hack and have no interest in real truth.

Dude, you're Mr. Bluster.

You're in here preaching your dogma.

You produce no benchmark metrics.

You create hypothesis that are not testable as formulated.

Then you browbeat people. Your attitude is pisspoor. You may have decent goals, but you treat people like shit.

Your shtick is old. And it's losing its efficacy.

If you wanna be an open minded dude and ask honest questions allowing collaboration and exploring where the data leads, then come play. But no predetermined outcomes are allowed. Data speaks for itself when correctly formulated questions and hypothesis are asked.

Until such time I'll continue to remind people that you're a partisan hack and have no interest in real truth.
Like I said I knew it

"I'll play along though, because I am pretty certain that you are just going with the baffle them with bullshit strategy, or misapplying something you heard a weeping professor say on youtube."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT