ADVERTISEMENT

ABC cancels Rosanne after tweet

Didn't ABC just re-hire/promote Keith Olberman?

DeYplZzX0AEPgTD.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Does Roseanne have a substance abuse problem?

She Went way over the line. Of course if she was attacking a conservative she'd get a pass.

She called a black person an ape!! It wasn't just an innocent little tweet.

You sure do like hitching your horse to racist bigots don't you.

I haven’t defended Roseanne. For the record, I think she should be fired (no brainer).

But like most things, this will likely backfire on the left as a lot of new people will be researching Valerie Jarrett — and there’s a *lot* to look into.

642_B654_C_BBAC_48_E0_BC4_E_210_D5146_F387.jpg

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
I've been called worse things than that. In fact, I'll bet most of the people in this thread have.

Not so good at following your own advice huh?

I shift gears and demonstrate a sense of humor; that I'm a walking talking, real life boy.

A telltale sign of the modern lib is how seriously they take themselves and "their" causes and values, and, most egregiously, the rigidity that infects them.

Seriously, interacting with your type (you're kind of an exception) is exhausting. How such a large segment of folks became so stupifyingly dull, robotic, predictable, and devoid of humor is beyond me.

I shift gears and demonstrate a sense of humor; that I'm a walking talking, real life boy.

A telltale sign of the modern lib is how seriously they take themselves and "their" causes and values, and, most egregiously, the rigidity that infects them.

Seriously, interacting with your type (you're kind of an exception) is exhausting. How such a large segment of folks became so stupifyingly dull, robotic, predictable, and devoid of humor is beyond me.

dudes an emotional bed wetter

he gonna of on xanax in the next six years

maga bitches

kathy-griffin-trump-head.png.CROP.promo-xlarge2.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-17%20at%2010.15.50%20AM.png

1518205921585-Screen-Shot-2018-02-09-at-24838-PM.png

01-Snoop-lavender-video-add-2017-a-billboard-1548-1280x640.jpg

Reactions: Been Jammin

Great post.

The left transformed (in a very short time) into a similar beast that repulsed most of my generation (X) from the right in the 90s.

IE the anti-fun police, no sense of humor, pro-censorship, anti-free speech, meddling in your private life, takes themselves way too seriously, etc etc etc

All of those characteristics were associated with the (religious) right in the 90s and early 2000’s — and magnified insightfully by witty people (pre-2008) like Jon Stewart (who made it seem cool to support and vote for Obama in 08)

Somewhere along the way though, the left completely lost its sense of humor — quite a few older comedians (Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Ricky Gervais) have talked about this in interviews.

Great post.

The left transformed (in a very short time) into a similar beast that repulsed most of my generation (X) from the right in the 90s.

IE the anti-fun police, no sense of humor, pro-censorship, anti-free speech, meddling in your private life, takes themselves way too seriously, etc etc etc

All of those characteristics were associated with the (religious) right in the 90s and early 2000’s — and magnified insightfully by witty people (pre-2008) like Jon Stewart (who made it seem cool to support and vote for Obama in 08)

Somewhere along the way though, the left completely lost its sense of humor — quite a few older comedians (Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Ricky Gervais) have talked about this in interviews.

insightful

i thought newt gingrich and his contract with america was a load of crap in college

8 years of otard and newtard seems tame

Reactions: tlwwake and NZ Poke
Great post.

Spot on.

I remember you getting into it with the board conservatives on a regular basis around 15 years ago.

Spot on.

I remember you getting into it with the board conservatives on a regular basis around 15 years ago.

Good memory.

I used to debate a good amount of people, like @GunsOfFrankEaton.

Back then, I wasn't exactly a lefty (more socially liberal / fiscal moderate) -- but it was easy to not want anything to do with the Republicans (with their moral majority hypocrites, Larry Craig, Ted Haggard,
combined with the Iraq war catastrophe).

All of those kinds of people were made for Jon Stewart, who completely revolutionized a way of laughing at our political elites for younger people (who were dominated by GOP at the federal level).

The GOP had zero counter for Jon Stewart -- his effect was immense on an entire generation.

I also liked Chris Matthews (around 2005) because he always dropped historical references. And I was a huge Obama supporter from his 2004 Dem convention speech, all the way through the 2008 election.

Where Obama lost me was immediately going into healthcare after his election. I was living overseas in 08, and mostly judged Obama off his huge rally speeches (rather than research).

What got me questioning Obama, was learning the massive list of big pharma lobbyists who helped write the affordable care act bill (all taking place before the economy was fixed).

Those lobbyists were opposite from what Obama ran on -- a big wake up call that got me researching things (instead of reading headlines and listening to soundbytes)

It wasn't instantaneous though, it took me a few more years of being surrounded by progressives (still overseas) and seeing how angry they would get, when you made any sort of soft question that goes against the prevailing left wing narrative -- they generally would get angry that you asked the question, rather than trying to answer it.

This only made me question things more. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

I genuinely used to think that the left was more tolerant and open minded -- and it may have been pre-2005 -- but it's not any more.

The left's transformation into anti-free speech / thought blows my mind.

Last edited:
Good memory.

I used to debate a good amount of people, like @GunsOfFrankEaton.

Back then, I wasn't exactly a lefty (more socially liberal / fiscal moderate) -- but it was easy to not want anything to do with the Republicans (with their moral majority hypocrites, Larry Craig, Ted Haggard,
combined with the Iraq war catastrophe).

All of those kinds of people were made for Jon Stewart, who completely revolutionized a way of laughing at our political elites for younger people (who were dominated by GOP at the federal level).

The GOP had zero counter for Jon Stewart -- his effect was immense on an entire generation.

I also liked Chris Matthews (around 2005) because he always dropped historical references. And I was a huge Obama supporter from his 2004 Dem convention speech, all the way through the 2008 election.

Where Obama lost me was immediately going into healthcare after his election. I was living overseas in 08, and mostly judged Obama off his huge rally speeches (rather than research).

What got me questioning Obama, was learning the massive list of big pharma lobbyists who helped write the affordable care act bill (all taking place before the economy was fixed).

Those lobbyists were opposite from what Obama ran on -- a big wake up call that got me researching things (instead of reading headlines and listening to soundbytes)

It wasn't instantaneous though, it took me a few more years of being surrounded by progressives (still overseas) and seeing how angry they would get, when you made any sort of soft question that goes against the prevailing left wing narrative -- they generally would get angry that you asked the question, rather than trying to answer it.

This only made me question things more. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

I genuinely used to think that the left was more tolerant and open minded -- and it may have been pre-2005 -- but it's not any more.

The left's transformation into anti-free speech / thought blows my mind.

I recall the left being more tolerant and open-minded as well around 15-20 years ago (I remember the moderator on this board threatening to ban people for criticizing George Bush around the time of the 2nd Iraq War). But those days are long gone as the first generation of lefties who have grown up on Cultural Marxism indoctrination have taken the reigns of the DNC. The left has morphed into a totalitarian ideology.

But those days are long gone as the first generation of lefties who have grown up on Cultural Marxism indoctrination have taken the reigns of the DNC.

Would like to add, the first generation the first generation of Americans who grew up in daycare.

Historically speaking, daycare is still a new thing.

Paul Joseph Watson did a classic video, theorizing that the “daycare generation” is behind the rise of social justice warriors — who seemingly came out of nowhere.

It all went to poop when 'feelings' became the most important thing in our society.

The video directly above your post provides a credible theory about why this occurred (seemingly out of nowhere).

I went to a liberal university in a liberal college town in the 90s, and loved it.

If you went back in time and asked my classmates what they thought of “safe spaces” and “trigger warnings” — nobody would have any idea what you’re talking about.

If you went back in time and asked my classmates what they thought of “safe spaces” and “trigger warnings” — nobody would have any idea what you’re talking about.
Same for most college students today.

We could probably Freakenomics this to one shitty parenting book.

Last edited:
Roseanne’s show was awesome. Disappointed it is cancelled.

Reactions: TPOKE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT