ADVERTISEMENT

You can bet your a$$ war with Russia is coming.

Wow Dan, you actually make some good points with this post. You are actually the first person I have seen to put forth this suggestion (one I am open to) on this board, although I've been asking a number of posters for a while now what their solution would be.

Got a question for you though. What if Ukraine doesn't agree with this declaration, what if they don't want that? What then? Does the international community still force it upon them?

You are absolutely right though about what would happen here in the US if Biden did pursue such a policy. And we would definitely see numerous threads/posts on this board about how weak Biden is and how Putin made him back down.
I would think if both the Russian side and the American/NATO side agreed to keep their respective militaries out of Ukraine there would not be much Ukraine could do about it. I would be hard pressed to understand why a country caught in the middle would object to Swiss-like status.

I would think if both the Russian side and the American/NATO side agreed to keep their respective militaries out of Ukraine there would not be much Ukraine could do about it. I would be hard pressed to understand why a country caught in the middle would object to Swiss-like status.
Good point and I agree with you.

Reactions: Red Phoenix
Couple of articles I've culled out from the general bevy of "expert" analysis now.

Ironically on 2/3 I'm headed to Kiev to see my girlfriend......haha. Need to take my good camera and lenses just incase CNN needs a quasi-reporter on location.

I called you a mouthy bastard, which you are. Slapping the shit out of you would be a pleasure not a task.

tumblr_ns7dwnNhL41s391qwo1_400.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Like I said, nerve touched.

• Haha
We're still importing oil from russia also.....just like abandoning the dam chinese manufacturing we should stop buying russia oil and produce our own.

I believe your assessment takes no consideration to the opposition forces within the Ukraine that wants Russia to invade. The eastern half of Ukraine has been largely ignored by Kiev and the west. No infrastructure development in eastern Ukraine has fomented radical discontent. Moscow poured money into the Crimea to make a statement to the region. It worked. "Swiss-like status" is a utopian state that simply will never happen in the Ukraine. Too many opposing factions.

We're still importing oil from russia also.....just like abandoning the dam chinese manufacturing we should stop buying russia oil and produce our own.

Vote Republican. The old fool in the White House is the architect of his own failures.

The old fool in the White House is the architect of his own failures.
And yet, you literally are advocating for him to sit back and do nothing about Russia and Ukraine. And if he does this, you will be the first one to criticize him for it and claim Ukraine is his fault!🙄

@Ponca Dan is the only poster on this thread to put forth a smart and realistic diplomatic solution to all of this. And his prediction of what would happen if Biden did what Dan suggests is spot on too.

I believe your assessment takes no consideration to the opposition forces within the Ukraine that wants Russia to invade. The eastern half of Ukraine has been largely ignored by Kiev and the west. No infrastructure development in eastern Ukraine has fomented radical discontent. Moscow poured money into the Crimea to make a statement to the region. It worked. "Swiss-like status" is a utopian state that simply will never happen in the Ukraine. Too many opposing factions.
In many respects it is the same thing you advocate: no NATO in Ukraine. As for internal strife within Ukraine, as cold hearted as it might sound, that’s not the USA’s problem. I doubt many Americans would be for spending treasure and lives on an internal conflict in a country most could not identify on a map.

Last edited:
And yet, you literally are advocating for him to sit back and do nothing about Russia and Ukraine. And if he does this, you will be the first one to criticize him for it and claim Ukraine is his fault!🙄

@Ponca Dan is the only poster on this thread to put forth a smart and realistic diplomatic solution to all of this. And his prediction of what would happen if Biden did what Dan suggests is spot on too.
I believe my comment was based on the issue of the US buying Russian oil and US oil independence, you fvcking idiot. Stay on subject. But while we are here. Biden cannot be trusted to make an intelligent decision. He has lost all credibility. He will do something extremely stupid and wrong and then take a victory lap for his success. Idiots like you will cheer him on! When he takes action and it fails I will be the first in line to call for his head.

If you understood what was said, you would see that Ponca and I made to same observation with regards to Ukraine and NATO. The issue being you are not intelligent enough to recognize it.

I read this with interest earlier today. I thought you might, too.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
But while we are here. Biden cannot be trusted to make an intelligent decision. He has lost all credibility. He will do something extremely stupid and wrong and then take a victory lap for his success. Idiots like you will cheer him on! When he takes action and it fails I will be the first in line to call for his head.
Same old BDS nonsense.

And if Biden does what you are advocating for, I will be the first in line to remind you and watch you backtrack once again.

I many respects it is the same thing you advocate: no NATO in Ukraine. As for internal strife within Ukraine, as cold hearted as it might sound, that’s not the USA’s problem. I doubt many Americans would be for spending treasure and lives on an internal conflict in a country most could not identify on a map.
I agree you with 110%. You are spot on target. I guess I am cold hearted. What happens internally will result in a civil war. Labelling it "civil war" will be easy to dismiss the cruelty and justify the lack of international response. Ukraine went through a very savage Russo-Ukraine War in 2014. Pro-Russian troops will be much better armed on 2022 if an invasion happens. I got a chuckle on your "identify on a map". So true.

As for internal strife within Ukraine, as cold hearted as it might sound, that’s not the USA’s problem.
True.

But it is also an angle that Russia is using here, which is why Scottsdale is referencing it. I agree with you though it isn't our problem and definitely not worth going to war over. It also relates back to the question I asked you, but I think you gave a satisfactory answer.

A lot of the problem here in the USA on this is that people are playing politics (as usual) and obsessed with creating a political narrative to attack Biden. Unfortunately, that is political reality in this country.

I read this with interest earlier today. I thought you might, too.

Very interesting. The Crimea people always declared their allegiance to Russia and not Ukraine. I am very skeptical of the US position in Ukraine. There is no merit to our "standing political guard" over something with so little value. We thought we could strong arm Putin into not developing Nord Stream One with sanctions. Obama (Biden) assured Naftogaz/Burisma that would Putin would agree to transport Russian gas through Ukraine. Putin told Obama without a blink of an eye that Russian gas would never pass through Ukraine again. Nord Stream One was completed and transports gas the shores of Eastern Germany on the Baltic Sea.

I've been to Crimea before and after it was annexed and restored by Russia. It has been very well renovated and rebuilt. Much like Sochi.

Last edited:
Not surprising at all.

Nope. Wife and four kids.

btw, you didn't hit a nerve (as I did with you when I talked about how much you love Putin 🤣🤣). You just exposed yourself as a bigot and I brought attention to it.
OmgThis idiot is a father?! Holy balls- and damn he's a heterosexual lol didn't see either of those coming. His poor kids holy hell

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
OmgThis idiot is a father?! Holy balls- and damn he's a heterosexual lol didn't see either of those coming. His poor kids holy hell
🤣🤣🤣

I literally told you before about my whole family (including my children) being fully vaccinated and you went on a rant about how horrible I and other parents are when we vaccinate our children.🙄

I consider it a compliment though when you question my parenting skills. It is nuts like you that can do real psychological damage to kids.

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣

I literally told you before about my whole family (including my children) being fully vaccinated and you went on a rant about how horrible I and other parents are when we vaccinate our children.🙄

I consider it a compliment though when you question my parenting skills. It is nuts like you that can do real psychological damage to kids.
Yeah head of the household you advise your family to take experimental mRNA shots made by Eugenecists- good family leadership there hoss

Very interesting. The Crimea people always declared their allegiance to Russia and not Ukraine. I am very skeptical of the US position in Ukraine. There is no merit to our "standing political guard" over something with so little value. We thought we could strong arm Putin into not developing Nord Stream One with sanctions. Obama (Biden) assured Naftogaz/Burisma that would Putin would agree to transport Russian gas through Ukraine. Putin told Obama without a blink of an eye that Russian gas would never pass through Ukraine again. Nord Stream One was completed and transports gas the shores of Eastern Germany on the Baltic Sea.

I've been to Crimea before and after it was annexed and restored by Russia. It has been very well renovated and rebuilt. Much like Sochi.
Scottsdale, thanks for providing your insight to the region. I know you know exactly what you're talking about.

I see in the news today that intelligence services are reporting discovery of a Russian coup plot to overthrow the Ukrainian government. Which is ironic considering the Ukrainian government exists today after a successful American-inspired coup. It may be true that there is a Russian coup plot afoot. But it strikes me as a suspiciously convenient thing for the American security state to discover at this time. They got blindsided by Biden in Afghanistan, but by God they’re going to have their war with Russia if it’s the last thing they do (which it very well might be).

But it strikes me as a suspiciously convenient thing for the American security state to discover at this time.
Wasn't it the UK security state that discovered this and made it public?

Is it your position that the UK is lying about this? If so, provide some evidence that they are lying. I'd love to consider such evidence, if there is any.

Scottsdale, thanks for providing your insight to the region. I know you know exactly what you're talking about.
His insight is a must read to have a better understanding of the situation. Well put and spot on. I can't add anything to what he stated and I know the region better than most. Its a hard region to get good info on in the US.

There realy is not much Biden can do short of military intervention and that would be unwise. Been almost 80 years since the top dogs went at it. Don't think the American public is prepared for what would follow.

Biden is in a bad spot with nothing to play. He will look horrible no matter what action he takes. Puttin made Biden his Bitch, or in reality Biden made Biden Puttin's bitch. For the left there is no spin that will save face. All that being said, its a sad day for the US and it would be nice if I had any confidence in our leadership but there is no one to step up to that plate at this moment. The only move is give Russia what it asked for which is not a move that will look good with the Biden administration. Make Ukraine a buffer state. Round to Russia. You have to play the long game. Something that is hard for the US to do.

The only move is give Russia what it asked for which is not a move that will look good with the Biden administration. Make Ukraine a buffer state. Round to Russia. You have to play the long game. Something that is hard for the US to do.
If the Biden administration does something like this, will you admit Biden made the right move?

His insight is a must read to have a better understanding of the situation. Well put and spot on. I can't add anything to what he stated and I know the region better than most. Its a hard region to get good info on in the US.

There realy is not much Biden can do short of military intervention and that would be unwise. Been almost 80 years since the top dogs went at it. Don't think the American public is prepared for what would follow.

Biden is in a bad spot with nothing to play. He will look horrible no matter what action he takes. Puttin made Biden his Bitch, or in reality Biden made Biden Puttin's bitch. For the left there is no spin that will save face. All that being said, its a sad day for the US and it would be nice if I had any confidence in our leadership but there is no one to step up to that plate at this moment. The only move is give Russia what it asked for which is not a move that will look good with the Biden administration. Make Ukraine a buffer state. Round to Russia. You have to play the long game. Something that is hard for the US to do.
Great post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well. I know Scottsdale personally, so I know I can trust his insight. You seem to be very knowledgeable as well.

My take is that Putin is trying to goad Biden into looking like the aggressor so he can justify his border buildup and rhetoric about NATO and the West. I just hope the Biden administration isn't stupid enough to bite.

My take is that Putin is trying to goad Biden into looking like the aggressor so he can justify his border buildup and rhetoric about NATO and the West. I just hope the Biden administration isn't stupid enough to bite.
What should Biden do then, according to you?

Great post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well. I know Scottsdale personally, so I know I can trust his insight. You seem to be very knowledgeable as well.

The problem Biden has right now is a sound bite that told Puttin he can move at least a small portion. He tried to walk it back later but his press conference the damage was done. Biden also has already given away all leverage when he gave up the pipeline. As tensions mount and militaries get closer and closer, you have to just hope everyone is on their training. Something else to consider is that the US military has lost all of its cold war experience, we will be starting from scratch.

Wasn't it the UK security state that discovered this and made it public?

Is it your position that the UK is lying about this? If so, provide some evidence that they are lying. I'd love to consider such evidence, if there is any.
Ukraine (Zelensky) reported the coup on Friday. The UK reported it on Saturday. Russian TV on Friday said the coup is fake news planted by the USA (Ponca Dan pinned it). What is true? Who knows but my experience is that Russia would validate the story and place the coup at the feet of opposition within Ukraine to show Russian support within the Ukraine.

Last edited:
Reading this thread was very interesting. Numerous well-informed posters on this thread. That is good to see because most people I try to talk to about Ukraine have no clue what is going on.

All the banter aside, @Ponca Dan, @my_2cents, and @Scottsdale.Sooner all made excellent points. I think all three are closer to agreement than any of them realize. The solution that @Ponca Dan put forth and the other two agreed on is exactly what needs to happen to resolve this. However, doing so will allow Putin to claim a diplomatic victory and I'm not sure how the military and intelligence establishment will feel about that.

Your analysis and observations are spot on target. Biden's best (only?) plausible option is back down. Putin has him in Mate/Checkmate with regards to his options to respond to Russia moving into Ukraine.

Military intervention will end bad for the US. The US intelligence for Ukraine is almost non-existent. We have no idea concerning the depth of support Russia has in the western part of the country. Eastern Ukraine will allow the Russians to walk across the border.

You are absolutely right though about what would happen here in the US if Biden did pursue such a policy. And we would definitely see numerous threads/posts on this board about how weak Biden is and how Putin made him back down.
Excellent point and you and Dan are right.

That is the big problem I see in all of this. American political opposition to Biden is trying to make Biden look weak on this and Biden doesn't want to be portrayed as a weak President by his political opponents.

I hope the domestic politics ramifications doesn't force Biden into doing something stupid.

Last edited:
If the Biden administration does something like this, will you admit Biden made the right move?
When I made similar statements you accused me of being a Putin/Russian supporter. Biden has put himself in position of little choice. There is nothing, ZERO he can do now to be considered the right move now. Biden lost his credibility when he lifted the sanctions on Nord Steam 2. Lifting the sanctions changed nothing for Gazprom/Kremlin but displayed Biden's weakness. Putin's foreign policy on his borders became very active shortly after the lifting of the sanctions.

Excellent point and you and Dan are right.

That is the big problem I see in all of this. American political opposition to Biden is trying to make Biden look weak on this and Biden doesn't want to be portrayed as a weak President by his political opponents.

I hope the domestic politics ramifications doesn't force Biden into doing something stupid.
There is no doubt that Biden's opposition will take every opportunity to make him look weak. But the fact remains that Biden does a better job a weakness than his opposition can project. Biden had every opportunity to lay a stronger foundation for these events and blew it. Biden has been weak is dealing with Putin since his Obama years. Biden will not need a push from domestic politics to do something stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT