ADVERTISEMENT

WWIII Watch: So, Iran is about to strike Israel...

GLFG1D2XoAA8yyk

Iran telegraphed the attack

Announced the attack as it started.

Said all is resolved in the conflict before any drone ot missle hits anything.

Iran having to act tough is pretty funny.
Yep, they had to show something, but not something that would deep six them.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Iran telegraphed the attack

Announced the attack as it started.

Said all is resolved in the conflict before any drone ot missle hits anything.

Iran having to act tough is pretty funny.
This move is a chess move to try and bring out your enemy's plan. Persians think in terms of chess.

If Israel and or the US doesn't respond they look weaker, and Biden can't afford to look any weaker than he already does, it's an election year. This would give Iran more leeway in to do what they want in the ME.

If they do respond, then they can blame Israel and the US for escalating the war, and test to see how solid other ME countries allegiances are.

Syria and Lebanon you can already put in the Iran pocket. Jordan will have their hands full with 70% of the population being "Palestinians", and their king is not. Egypt would have to seriously start thinking about which side it's on. The Saudi Arabian Peninsula would be uncertain about what to do next. Turkey is a member of NATO but.... they have their own agendas and issues with rivalries on both sides.

There is no good move here, and no matter what the response is, it could escalate things in the ME quickly.

Just a reminder that Biden has not had a foreign policy success in DC since he started in 1970's.
200.gif

This move is a chess move to try and bring out your enemy's plan. Persians think in terms of chess.

If Israel and or the US doesn't respond they look weaker, and Biden can't afford to look any weaker than he already does, it's an election year. This would give Iran more leeway in to do what they want in the ME.

If they do respond, then they can blame Israel and the US for escalating the war, and test to see how solid other ME countries allegiances are.

Syria and Lebanon you can already put in the Iran pocket. Jordan will have their hands full with 70% of the population being "Palestinians", and their king is not. Egypt would have to seriously start thinking about which side it's on. The Saudi Arabian Peninsula would be uncertain about what to do next. Turkey is a member of NATO but.... they have their own agendas and issues with rivalries on both sides.

There is no good move here, and no matter what the response is, it could escalate things in the ME quickly.

Just a reminder that Biden has not had a foreign policy success in DC since he started in 1970's.
200.gif
If someone shot 300 missiles at the US, I'm betting everyone would demand a response.

Israel is completely justified in answering Iran's act of aggression.

Justified to answer but smarter too let things go.

Instead they should stick to assassination of Iranian scientists and officials and cyber attcks.

200.gif
I agree completely there is no good move for the USA to make. Logic would indicate, therefore, the best move for the US is no move. If reports are true that Biden has told Netanyahu the US is not going to get dragged into the fighting I commend him.

If someone shot 300 missiles at the US, I'm betting everyone would demand a response.

Israel is completely justified in answering Iran's act of aggression.
I would agree with this. The question is what is the appropriate level of response?

So far Biden is on record as saying Israel should not retaliate, which is the wrong move naturally. Even if you tell the Israelis this you do so in private.

Instead they should stick to assassination of Iranian scientists and officials and cyber attcks.
A cyber attack would be a way to deescalate. You are most likely giving up secrets to do so. Assassinations or even arrests could deescalate as well. And what about Israel's cargo ship that Iran has taken?

So far Biden has just bent over and taken it. All the while showing Iran the more intense it gets the US will move farther away from support for our allies. Iran won't be the only ones to figure that out.

I agree completely there is no good move for the USA to make. Logic would indicate, therefore, the best move for the US is no move. If reports are true that Biden has told Netanyahu the US is not going to get dragged into the fighting I commend him.
At least there is on thing we can agree on. I'll consider that a small victory.

Logically, when weighing the moves here doing nothing is right up there as the worst move you can make. Iran is not the only one watching. The rest of the world is closely watching the US and it's next move. Doing nothing will tell our allies we are not there for them when they need us. It will also green light more aggressive action from our enemies. You could even embolden China to attack Taiwan. There realy is no long term positive effect for this action and most likely will result in exactly what you don't want which is more death and destruction.

Regardless a strong message to Iran stating that we will help to defend Israel no matter what the next move is paramount. Iran is trying to use this to drive a further wedge between the US and Israel. We cannot let Iran think they were successful to have told America to stay out of the conflict.

I would agree with this. The question is what is the appropriate level of response?

So far Biden is on record as saying Israel should not retaliate, which is the wrong move naturally. Even if you tell the Israelis this you do so in private.

A cyber attack would be a way to deescalate. You are most likely giving up secrets to do so. Assassinations or even arrests could deescalate as well. And what about Israel's cargo ship that Iran has taken?

So far Biden has just bent over and taken it. All the while showing Iran the more intense it gets the US will move farther away from support for our allies. Iran won't be the only ones to figure that out
Hmmm....
Biden pumps $B's into Iran
Iran +proxies launch at-scale drone attack on Israel.
Israel expends at-scale supplies of defensive munitions (Raytheon Patriot missiles at $4M a pop...) on drone attack.
US funds "humanitarian aid" to Iranian proxies in the region.
US funds "defense aid" to Israel.

Meanwhile 'Mericans argue Righteousness in support or against, all the while $10B's to $100B's of untraceable US taxpayer funds flow into Military Industrial and Humanitarian Industrial complexes (are they separate or one and the same?).

We can argue (Righteous arguments flow) if this is "The Plan" or coincidence that The Swamp comes out the big winner.

Wisdom here: There is no good move here, and no matter what the response is, it could escalate things in the ME quickly.

Just a reminder that Biden has not had a foreign policy success in DC since he started in 1970's. -
Many would contend Biden is quite successful with foreign policy. Never mind the human toll, fiscal toll on 'Merican Citizens, but look at the untraceable revenues required to "correct" all of the "unforeseen consequences". Just another $100B oppsie here and there...

Hmmm....
Biden pumps $B's into Iran
Iran +proxies launch at-scale drone attack on Israel.
Israel expends at-scale supplies of defensive munitions (Raytheon Patriot missiles at $4M a pop...) on drone attack.
US funds "humanitarian aid" to Iranian proxies in the region.
US funds "defense aid" to Israel.

Meanwhile 'Mericans argue Righteousness in support or against, all the while $10B's to $100B's of untraceable US taxpayer funds flow into Military Industrial and Humanitarian Industrial complexes (are they separate or one and the same?).

We can argue (Righteous arguments flow) if this is "The Plan" or coincidence that The Swamp comes out the big winner.
You are not wrong.

This is like Wendy's vs McDonald's. They compete for dollars but ultimately its in thier interests to work together to expand fast food.

We need to get a handle on the defense industry which is most likely a government proxy at this point.

The swamp is getting more money but the public is starting to understand thier game better these days. It may cost them more poetically than they have counted on.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Wisdom here: There is no good move here, and no matter what the response is, it could escalate things in the ME quickly.

Just a reminder that Biden has not had a foreign policy success in DC since he started in 1970's. -
Many would contend Biden is quite successful with foreign policy. Never mind the human toll, fiscal toll on 'Merican Citizens, but look at the untraceable revenues required to "correct" all of the "unforeseen consequences". Just another $100B oppsie here and there...
Not sure you will find many. Biden's record on foreign policy is widely accepted as a complete failure. Regardless of how much he pumps into the MIC.

So far Biden has just bent over and taken it. All the while showing Iran the more intense it gets the US will move farther away from support for our allies. Iran won't be the only ones to figure that out.
Well now I disagree with you. This whole Iranian affair is an intense attempt by Netanyahu’s government to drag us into it. It’s been shown Israel cannot “conquer” lowly Hamas, at least not as easily as he and the rest of us thought he could, even when he commits genocide. The genocide has proven to be an international diplomatic disater for him. He’s flailing around. attacking in Lebanon and Syria, and the missile attack on the Iranian embassy in Damascus , which is a war crime, by the way, was designed specifically to provoke an Iranian response, at which time he could play his trump card, poor Israel is a victim of aggression by Iran and needs our help. What is interesting is how much he needed our help when only a couple hundred missiles were fired. What would happen if it was ten or twenty thousand? It kinda proves Israel is not the vaunted military juggernaut it wants us to think it is. It appears it knows it can’t survive unless it has our help, but because it knows we have its back it behaves very aggressively. If it’s true Biden told Bibi we won’t put boots on the ground as he wants, maybe Israel will seek diplomatic options rather than military ones. Which will be a good thing for the entire planet.

Last edited:
Your problem is you only look at today, with little to no regard for the future. Iran is not going to change unless they are forced to change, neither are the radicals they support. You can either address the problem today, which will cost lives or you can address the problem on Iran's terms, costing far more lives and more than likely Americans. Same with the Iranian's cannon fodder the Palestinians.
Sadly the future doesn't seem to mean all that much to some people who only have a couple of decades left in life but some of us are very concerned for our children and their children's future. If we've learned anything kicking the can down the road has far more cost both in treasure and life, I for one do not want that on my children's future.

Off topic here. Sometimes you post leftist nonsense, and many other times, I agree with you. Perplexing at times, but you seem like one of the good guys who can think for himself.

Well now I disagree with you. This whole Iranian affair is an intense attempt by Netanyahu’s government to drag us into it. It’s been shown Israel cannot “conquer” lowly Hamas, at least not as easily as he and the rest of us thought he could, even when he commits genocide. The genocide has proven to be an international diplomatic disater for him. He’s flailing around. attacking in Lebanon and Syria, and the missile attack on the Iranian embassy in Damascus , which is a war crime, by the way, was designed specifically to provoke an Iranian response, at which time he could play his trump card, poor Israel is a victim of aggression by Iran and needs our help. What is interesting is how much he needed our help when only a couple hundred missiles were fired. What would happen if it was ten or twenty thousand? It kinda proves Israel is not the vaunted military juggernaut it wants us to think it is. It appears it knows it can’t survive unless it has our help, but because it knows we have its back it behaves very aggressively. If it’s true Biden told Bibi we won’t put boots on the ground as he wants, maybe Israel will seek diplomatic options rather than military ones. Which will be a good thing for the entire planet.

Completely agree with your 3D Chess Calculus here (if not every detailed point).

I've worked with Israeli surveillance technology, as well as many IDF reservists. The idea that the IDF had no forewarning that Hamas was planning to and executing an attack on a Euro Jewish Rave on 15 year old confiscated Palestinian farms mere meters from Gaza is absolutely absurd. I firmly believe the IDF was well aware, likely complicit and perhaps even prompted the attack by the selection of the Rave location and stand-down of security forces and alerts.

If we look at impact on both the global Jewish community and of course the 100M's of Righteous Christians (many of us right here) had EXACTLY the needed coalescence against Islam and renewed support for Israel. Leftist anti-Western Jewish Billionaire families have pivoted to help support Israel (not all Jews are/were Zionists), or at the least stop supporting the radical Left.

And coincidentally within a few years, Israel will open new kibbutzes on some of the most beautiful beach front property in the Mediterranean, which will generate $B's in Israeli revenue. Even looking at the destruction the beach front seems to be part of Israel's primary targets.

But of course, all the benefits are coincidences. Let's get back to the Righteous Holy War.

Last edited:
Your problem is you only look at today, with little to no regard for the future. Iran is not going to change unless they are forced to change, neither are the radicals they support. You can either address the problem today, which will cost lives or you can address the problem on Iran's terms, costing far more lives and more than likely Americans. Same with the Iranian's cannon fodder the Palestinians.
Sadly the future doesn't seem to mean all that much to some people who only have a couple of decades left in life but some of us are very concerned for our children and their children's future. If we've learned anything kicking the can down the road has far more cost both in treasure and life, I for one do not want that on my children's future.
You may be surprised to learn that I agree with you. Where I think you err is in your notion that everybody needs to change but Israel. You seem to think Israel is without fault and in that regard it blinds you to reality. The fact is they *all* need to change and peace will never come until they do.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
If you're building Patriot missiles at $4M a pop a bet you can find a silver lining in Biden's "failures".
But how many people build patriot missiles? I don't disagree with this, I just don't think that building patriot missiles or even getting them sold is a foreign policy.

Completely agree with your 3D Chess Calculus here (if not every detailed point).

I've worked with Israeli surveillance technology, as well as many IDF reservists. The idea that the IDF had no forewarning that Hamas was planning to and executing an attack on a Euro Jewish Rave on 15 year old confiscated Palestinian farms mere meters from Gaza is absolutely absurd. I firmly believe the IDF was well aware, likely complicit and perhaps even prompted the attack by the selection of the Rave location and stand-down of security forces and alerts.

If we look at impact on both the global Jewish community and of course the 100M's of Righteous Christians (many of us right here) had EXACTLY the needed coalescence against Islam and renewed support for Israel. Leftist anti-Western Jewish Billionaire families have pivoted to help support Israel (not all Jews are/were Zionists), or at the least stop supporting the radical Left.

And coincidentally within a few years, Israel will open new kibbutzes on some of the most beautiful beach front property in the Mediterranean. Even looking at the destruction the beach front seems to be part of Israel's primary targets.

But of course, all the benefits are coincidences. Let's get back to the Righteous Holy War.
Thank you for having a voice of reason on this board. As regards Israel “settling” in Gaza:

• Haha
But how many people build patriot missiles? I don't disagree with this, I just don't think that building patriot missiles or even getting them sold is a foreign policy.
I think his point is foreign policy is aimed at getting missiles made and sold.

• Haha
I understand his point. I just don't look at that as foreign policy nor do I look at it as a successful policy. I get where he is coming from though.
Agree. It is not a successful policy for humankind, but boy it’s amazingly successful for those that profit from war.

• Haha
We are capitalist, someone will lake money off of anything we do....but......there are certain countries we will defend, and its not to make money for our arms manufacturers.....now, I do not agree with what Israel is doing in Gaza, but, the fact is, we will help defend their country, just as we will help the Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, S. Korea, Europe.....ect.......they are all our allies and despite the current GOP , we will use military action if those countries if they are in danger

This whole Iranian affair is an intense attempt by Netanyahu’s government to drag us into it.

It's your contention that the attack yesterday from Iran was some conspiracy from Israel? You are a broken person.
And a wholesale attack on Israel is now an 'affair'. You've lost your way.

• Love
It's your contention that the attack yesterday from Iran was some conspiracy from Israel? You are a broken person.
And a wholesale attack on Israel is now an 'affair'. You've lost your way.
I'll wade in. My contention is the original Rave massacre was known at the very least prior to and during execution by Hamas.

Now we have the cascade unfolding.

RTX is up in afterhours trading.

• Wow

And coincidentally within a few years, Israel will open new kibbutzes on some of the most beautiful beach front property in the Mediterranean, which will generate $B's in Israeli revenue. Even looking at the destruction the beach front seems to be part of Israel's primary targets.

Congrats @Ponca Dan ! We found someone possibly as nutty as you for a butt buddy!

By this narrative, then we agree that Jan 06 was caused by Democrats, right? Get the location in a spot where it could be labelled an insurrection and thus justify a response, choose to not put defensive measures in place, then taunt the opposition. Is that your statement?

It is interesting though that we all talk about how its the US defending Israel. Yes, we subsidize their defense industry. Partially though because we wanted THEIR technology. They created the Iron Dome, not Americans. They designed the system. They actually built it. It was only after they proved it worked that America decided "hey, that's pretty cool, we'll help pay for it if you'll share your tech with us".

Also as for funding, we've given $75B this past year to Ukraine in its defense. We give about $4B per year to Israel, and we get access to their knowledge, combat tests, etc. in return.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT