ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Just Wow.

That’s convoluted logic. In today’s candidate lineup don’t you think DeSantis, Ramaswamy, Scott, even Pence and Haley, hell, even Christie would nominate justices of that calibre? Trump has you by the pussy massaging your clit convincing you he’s *the only one* who’ll give you the orgasm you’re begging for. When the truth is he’s one of the candidates that cannot win.
"When the truth is he’s one of the candidates that cannot win."

Who are the others who cannot win?

Trump had great success until he didn’t have great success. The majority of the country was no better off the day he left office than the day he assumed office. In fact many of us were worse off because he so incompetently botched his handling of Covid, and he botched it because he thought showing a set of balls against the “medical swamp” would cost his re-election, and he valued his re-election FAR MORE than he gave a piss about the American people. And the American people repaid his attitude toward their well being by voting him out. And they’ll keep him out in 2024. But the Trump fanatics don’t care about that. They’d rather watch the Democrats destroy our country than see Trump for what he is. I guess that’s what fanaticism is all about.
Who out there would have handled the pandemic to your satisfaction? Biden, Obama, Hillary, Newsome, Kamala, Big Mike, Bush, Chris Christie, DeSantis, Haley, Scott, JFK Jr, Cornell West or someone else? Who could have lived up to your standards out there in the face of the unprecedented pandemic, political division, the full court press of Democrats and the MSM with their disinformation and censorship actions. How about anywhere in the world that handled it any better? China, Russia, the EU, someone else?
You can lay blame on Trump if you want but you are ignoring the fact Democrats, the deep state and the MSM used the once in a 100 year pandemic to work against and try to destroy the Trump presidency. Think about that, a political party in this country put themselves above the welfare and safety of the people for their own benefit. That should scare the shit out of you but nope it makes you work against Trump, Republicans and keeps Democrats in control. SMFH some real good thinking there.
IMO Trump's gut instinct was right about Covid and his first reactions were correct. What failed was the unelected politically biased, corrupt government institutions whose sole purpose is to protect the American people. If you notice not a single thing has been to correct that problem or hold anyone of them accountable. What does that tell you? The CDC lied to us, Fauci lied to us, Democrats lied to us, the MSM lied to us, big tech censored anyone who dared question anything or spoke out against the insane government reaction to Covid yet nothing has been done to correct this. Why is that? Sadly critical thinking in this country has been lost by the vast majority and it is beyond terrifying.

Who out there would have handled the pandemic to your satisfaction? Biden, Obama, Hillary, Newsome, Kamala, Big Mike, Bush, Chris Christie, DeSantis, Haley, Scott, JFK Jr, Cornell West or someone else? Who could have lived up to your standards out there in the face of the unprecedented pandemic, political division, the full court press of Democrats and the MSM with their disinformation and censorship actions. How about anywhere in the world that handled it any better? China, Russia, the EU, someone else?
You can lay blame on Trump if you want but you are ignoring the fact Democrats, the deep state and the MSM used the once in a 100 year pandemic to work against and try to destroy the Trump presidency. Think about that, a political party in this country put themselves above the welfare and safety of the people for their own benefit. That should scare the shit out of you but nope it makes you work against Trump, Republicans and keeps Democrats in control. SMFH some real good thinking there.
IMO Trump's gut instinct was right about Covid and his first reactions were correct. What failed was the unelected politically biased, corrupt government institutions whose sole purpose is to protect the American people. If you notice not a single thing has been to correct that problem or hold anyone of them accountable. What does that tell you? The CDC lied to us, Fauci lied to us, Democrats lied to us, the MSM lied to us, big tech censored anyone who dared question anything or spoke out against the insane government reaction to Covid yet nothing has been done to correct this. Why is that? Sadly critical thinking in this country has been lost by the vast majority and it is beyond terrifying.
Out of all of them I would say DeSantis is the only one who knew the right thing to do and did it.

"When the truth is he’s one of the candidates that cannot win."

Who are the others who cannot win?
I think DeSantis is the only sure thing, and I think he'd win in a slam dunk. Ramaswamy, maybe. None of the others. By my admittdly off the cuff very unscientific calculaions the best I can see Trump getting is 47% of the vote in the general election. What did he get last time? 48-49%? I don't think he can top that, in fact I expect his numbers would go down, not up. The 2022 elections in which his endorsed candidates got walloped across the country should be a wake-up call to Trump supports that maybe they need to move on.

But let's pretend he sneaks in like he did last time by getting the electoral vote but not the popular vote. Do you remember how the "losers" reacted to that? Don't you think if he back-doored his way in again they would react a little more harshly? I do. Why would we put the country through that again?

I do have one caveat, however. I started another thread, "Joe Biden Can Kiss My Ass," which reports that Biden says he's going to mandate - require! - all Americans, including children, to take the new vaccine that is coming out. If he does that the game will be over, Charles Manson would beat Biden even though he's dead. Trump cannot win without a lot of help. That would be a giant boost.

Last edited:
Abbott did a decent job as well but why were they able to when Trump wasn't? Come on Dan, drop your bias and think it thru. You can do it.
Don't know about Abbott, but DeSantis did it because he showed he had the stones to defy the so-called experts in face of an incredibly hostile reaction by the swamp. Trump's nuts shriveled to the size of snow peas, and his cowardice cost him his coveted re-election.

Don't know about Abbott, but DeSantis did it because he showed he had the stones to defy the so-called experts in face of an incredibly hostile reaction by the swamp. Trump's nuts shriveled to the size of snow peas, and his cowardice cost him his coveted re-election.
In your own words DeSantis would have handled the pandemic better but you support JFK Jr?

In your own words DeSantis would have handled the pandemic better but you support JFK Jr?
Oh, I apologize, I didn't see you had included RFK Jr. in your list. I think Jr. would have handled it the best of all of them. He'd have axed the entire group of bureaucrats that put this country through authoritarian hell and enjoyed doing it.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
What, specifically, would you have done differently than Trump vis a vis the China Flu?
I would have told Fauci et al, to STFU, and when they didn't I would have fired them on the spot. I would have told the American people "this is what we know, this is what we think we know but are not sure it is accurate, this is what we recommend you do to protect yourself, but this is a free society and we are not going to resort to authoritarian measures to 'protect' you."

• Haha
I would have told Fauci et al, to STFU, and when they didn't I would have fired them on the spot. I would have told the American people "this is what we know, this is what we think we know but are not sure it is accurate, this is what we recommend you do to protect yourself, but this is a free society and we are not going to resort to authoritarian measures to 'protect' you."
Did not each of the various states exercise their autonomy during China Flu?

Did not each of the various states exercise their autonomy during China Flu?
That doesn't matter very much. The president has a huge bullhorn, and a president with any courage would have lambasted states that utilized authoritarianism on its citizens. He could have directed his DOJ (if its swamp had been drained like promised) to seek all federal measures to counter the authoritarianism. He could have whipped his congress into action to stop the authoritarianism. Trump did none of that. He "rushed" a vaccine that proved to be worthless, even dangerous, and acted like he'd done a great thing. The American people did not seem to think it was all that great, they axed him at the first opportunity. At the very least he should have fired the upper echelon of the CDC en masse. Instead he hid behind them like a scared school girl terrified to defy what they were telling us. DeSantis, OTOH, told those same authorities to pound sand. Trump's reaction? Crticize DeSantis. And now Trump mouths off like he's the one with big balls, and his fanatics feel a tingle down their legs.

• Haha
Oh, I apologize, I didn't see you had included RFK Jr. in your list. I think Jr. would have handled it the best of all of them. He'd have axed the entire group of bureaucrats that put this country through authoritarian hell and enjoyed doing it.
How would RFK Jr been able to overcome the disinformation and lies of his own government agencies?

That doesn't matter very much. The president has a huge bullhorn, and a president with any courage would have lambasted states that utilized authoritarianism on its citizens. He could have directed his DOJ (if its swamp had been drained like promised) to seek all federal measures to counter the authoritarianism. He could have whipped his congress into action to stop the authoritarianism. Trump did none of that. He "rushed" a vaccine that proved to be worthless, even dangerous, and acted like he'd done a great thing. The American people did not seem to think it was all that great, they axed him at the first opportunity. At the very least he should have fired the upper echelon of the CDC en masse. Instead he hid behind them like a scared school girl terrified to defy what they were telling us. DeSantis, OTOH, told those same authorities to pound sand. Trump's reaction? Crticize DeSantis. And now Trump mouths off like he's the one with big balls, and his fanatics feel a tingle down their legs.
Trump should have fired fired the upper echelon of the CDC in masse? LMAO how out of touch with reality are you? Democrats were in the process of their first false impeachment based on lies and you think Trump would have fired the upper echelon of the CDC. LMAO you do live in a world with unrealistic expectations and standards.
There in lies the problem and where the blame lies for the problem. Democrats were playing politics for their own benefit while the ones that suffered because of it were the American people. Your scorn is misdirected.

dan says

trumps a fascist dictator

until he wasn’t a fascist dictator

"The American people did not seem to think it was all that great, they axed him at the first opportunity."
dan says

trumps a fascist dictator

until he wasn’t a fascist dictator
Bingo. That kind of stuff right there is why it's hard to take the guy seriously.

"The American people did not seem to think it was all that great, they axed him at the first opportunity."

You said in an earlier thread the dems cheated to win in 2020. Which is it, did the dems cheat to win or did Trump legitimately lose?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Trump should have fired fired the upper echelon of the CDC in masse? LMAO how out of touch with reality are you? Democrats were in the process of their first false impeachment based on lies and you think Trump would have fired the upper echelon of the CDC. LMAO you do live in a world with unrealistic expectations and standards.
There in lies the problem and where the blame lies for the problem. Democrats were playing politics for their own benefit while the ones that suffered because of it were the American people. Your scorn is misdirected.

Yep, one minute he’s Trump will be a dictator if he cleans house.

The next he’s pissed because he didn’t.

I guess the thing that most baffles me is: what is it you want, and what has Trump ever done to make you think he’ll get it for you? The man is big talk with little results.

The people I’m trying to reach will not be insulted by the OP, they’ll be intrigued. The people that are insulted can’t be reached and there’s no point in trying to talk any sense into them.

I have never understood the angst people feel toward my not voting. If I did vote it would not be for their preferred candidate, so they ought to be relieved. The candidate I would vote for, someone like RFK Jr, would stand no chance of victory, so why bother. This notion that voting is the only way to participate in the process makes no sense to me. The democratic process, if that’s what you want to call it, requires lots of spirited conversations between people, lots of refusal to obey, lots of resistance. You think voting is your way of going down swinging, I think you’re just hitting yourself over the head. No matter which person is voted in, and regardless of the narrowness of his victory (didn’t Trump win with fewer votes than Hillary?), he assumes he has a mandate to ram his policies down the throats of people that voted against him because they abhor those policies. It’s a formula that carried to the extreme (and IMO we’re toeing the line of the extreme) results in civil war. Neither side wants that, but both sides are willing to go there so they can declare ultimate victory. You vote for candidates like Trump and Biden whose every word and action is designed to pit the other side as subhumans deserving of hatred, and then you’re perplexed by people like me that respectfully bow out of what we consider to be an insane process.

"I guess the thing that most baffles me is: what is it you want, and what has Trump ever done to make you think he’ll get it for you? The man is big talk with little results."

Does it bother you that the people you call "fanatics" just have good memories?

— Lowest black unemployment in American history.

— Lowest Hispanic unemployment in American history.

— Lowest female unemployment in decades.

— Stock market going through the roof.

— Record 401(k) gains.

— America energy independent for the first time in decades.

— Record low gasoline prices.

— No new foreign wars.

— Multiple peace treaties signed in Middle East.

— Positive economic headlines on a regular basis.

Trump BOOM as Soaring US Economy Records Best Growth in FOUR YEARS

156,945,000: 2018 Ends With Record Employment; Participation Rate Hits Trump-Era High

Manufacturing Industry Posts Biggest Annual Job Gain in 20 years

Hispanic Unemployment Rate Hits Record Low in December

BET Founder: Trump's Economy is Bringing Black Workers Back into the Labor Force

U.S. Holiday Retail Sales Are Strongest in Years, Early Data Show

The jobless rate for Hispanics hit a record low of 3.9% in September, while African Americans maintained its lowest rate ever, 5.5%.

Asian Americans Keep Winning in the Trump Economy

One of the reasons I like Trump is he wasn't cowering down from Democrats, the biased MSM and the deep state actors that did everything they could to destroy his Presidency. Even with the unprecedented proven false attacks, the faux impeachments and the abuse of power by the DOJ to punish him, Trump is still standing and hasn't backed down one bit. I don't care if you like or hate Trump the fact he is still standing up fighting back is impressive. Every other President or politician would have bowed down to go along to save their sorry ass long ago.

One of the reasons I like Trump is he wasn't cowering down from Democrats, the biased MSM and the deep state actors that did everything they could to destroy his Presidency. Even with the unprecedented proven false attacks, the faux impeachments and the abuse of power by the DOJ to punish him, Trump is still standing and hasn't backed down one bit. I don't care if you like or hate Trump the fact he is still standing up fighting back is impressive. Every other President or politician would have bowed down to go along to save their sorry ass long ago.
When it comes to his public persona you are right that he insulted back against the Democrats, MSM, etc. as good or better than he got. And that he has withstood the abuse and persecution they have put him through is impressive, I can’t think of any other politician that would still be standing. That’s on the one hand.

On the other hand, something that goes almost unrecognized on this board, as president he very often quietly capitulated to the vagaries of the Deep State on matters of importance (ending war, wall on southern border, etc.). And he depends on his loyal supporters to ignore those capitulations and pretend they never happened.

Yin and Yang, Good and Bad. The Democrats can see only one side, the Trump loyalists only the other.

Last edited:
When it comes to his public persona you are right that he insulted back against the Democrats, MSM, etc. as good or better than he got. And that he has withstood the abuse and persecution they have put him through is impressive, I can’t think of any other politician that would still be standing. That’s on the one hand.

On the other hand, something that goes almost unrecognized on this board, as president he very often quietly capitulated to the vagaries of the Deep State on matters of importance (ending war, wall on southern border, etc.). And he depends on his loyal supporters to ignore those capitulations and pretend they never hapoened.

Yon and Yang, Good and Bad. The Democrats can see only one side, the Trump loyalists only the other.
While you see neither. I've never agreed 100% with any politician, not Reagan, not Trump. Maybe one day there will be one that comes along but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
While you see neither. I've never agreed 100% with any politician, not Reagan, not Trump. Maybe one day there will be one that comes along but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Reagan had an immensely loyal following that stuck with him through thick and thin, good and bad. I was a College Republican at OSU during those years and also served on the state board of College Republicans. We were called cultists quite often. And fanatics. We laughed at it.

From Washington DC? Don't be naïve. If we've learned anything over the last few years is Washington DC and the MSM are anything but honest.
I would think by now you know me well enough to know I’m not naive. I expect honesty and when I don’t get it I call out the dishonesty and those who are, and I don’t care whether it’s someone from the Biden/Democrat camp or the Trump/MAGA camp. One thing I have been surprised by, which indicates a level of naivety on my part, has been the willingness and extent to which the supporters of the Trump/MAGA camp to overlook and justify the dishonesty of their leader. I expected it from the other team as its natural state, but I stupidly thought the Trump team would not be so bad.

Last edited:
I would think by now you know me well enough to know I’m mot naive. I expect honesty and when I don’t get it I call out the dishonesty and those who are, and I don’t care whether it’s someone from the Biden/Democrat camp or the Trump/MAGA camp. One thing I have been surprised by, which indicates a level of naivety on my part, has been the willingness and extent to which the supporters of the Trump/MAGA camp to overlook and justify the dishonesty of their leader. I expected it from the other team as its natural state, but I stupidly thought the Trump team would not be so bad.
LMAO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT