ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde shootings

I may be embarrassed to say I have a real M-4 with a 100 round butterfly clip. You never know when an army of zombies on meth is going to come at you
Just curious, how long did it take to get your license for this? I have heard it takes upwards of year for the background check. I have a TS clearance so I have thought about trying to get one. My friend who works for ATF said it's much easier if you already have clearance.

Media playbook:

- When it happens in Buffalo New York and the shooter is white/racist, it's all about racism and can't possibly be about more gun control.

- When it happens in Texas and it isn't whitey, it's about lack of gun control.

- When it happens in a NY subway and the shooter is a racist black nationalist....."shhhhhh, don't talk about it. this will all go away soon, just like Waukesha and Darrell Brooks"

Media playbook:

- When it happens in Buffalo New York and the shooter is white/racist, it's all about racism and can't possibly be about more gun control.

- When it happens in Texas and it isn't whitey, it's about lack of gun control.

- When it happens in a NY subway and the shooter is a racist black nationalist....."shhhhhh, don't talk about it. this will all go away soon, just like Waukesha and Darrell Brooks"
There was plenty of talk about 18 year olds easily getting their hands on guns after Orlando. Uvalde was the second 18 year old, with an AR-15, in a week. Plus, 19 young children were murdered.

But, go on with your tin foil conspiracy theory..

There was plenty of talk about 18 year olds easily getting their hands on guns after Orlando. Uvalde was the second 18 year old, with an AR-15, in a week. Plus, 19 young children were murdered.

But, go on with your tin foil conspiracy theory..

Waukesha and the NY subway shooting got slightly more media attention than the 50+ shot, 9 dead in Chicago this past weekend. Coming from a guy that has shared links to Salon.com on here, I'm not surprised by your response.

Waukesha and the NY subway shooting got slightly more media attention than the 50+ shot, 9 dead in Chicago this past weekend. Coming from a guy that has shared links to Salon.com on here, I'm not surprised by your response.
You are surprised that there wasn't an outcry for gun control after Waukesha and the NY Subway shooting? mmmkay

False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which an equivalence is drawn between two subjects based on flawed or false reasoning. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency.[1] Colloquially, a false equivalence is often called "comparing apples and oranges."

You are surprised that there wasn't an outcry for gun control after Waukesha and the NY Subway shooting? mmmkay

False equivalence is a logical fallacy in which an equivalence is drawn between two subjects based on flawed or false reasoning. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency.[1] Colloquially, a false equivalence is often called "comparing apples and oranges."

New York is a blue state with heavy gun control laws, same as the states that are home to Chicago, Philly, and all the other democratic ran murder capitals that have strict gun laws that clearly do nothing. Do you really think if 10+ black youth were shot by a lone black gunman in Chicago that it would get 1/100th of the coverage Uvalde is getting? I know you know the answer, but won't admit it.

Reactions: colcord

Can you show us all the posts on this board if there was equal concern by people who post here? Did it have the same number of pages and views?

Show us all the MSM stories and outcry nationally. Anything that proves your point. Your assertion, prove it. I don’t care if you do BTW.
I didn't make the assertion you seem to think I did. Like I said, poor reading comprehension.

• Haha
Reactions: OKSTATE1
New York is a blue state with heavy gun control laws, same as the states that are home to Chicago, Philly, and all the other democratic ran murder capitals that have strict gun laws that clearly do nothing. Do you really think if 10+ black youth were shot by a lone black gunman in Chicago that it would get 1/100th of the coverage Uvalde is getting? I know you know the answer, but won't admit it.
A recent study on gun deaths in 2020 revealed that 13 of the 20 counties with the nation’s highest firearm homicide rates were rural counties. And the county in which Chicago is located — Cook County — had the 79th highest gun homicide rate.

“Chicago, or Cook County, has around 700 gun homicides a year, but it also has a population of over 5 million. Then you have a rural county in Arkansas, like Phillips County, that has around 10 gun homicides a year but a population of only 22,000. Based on rates, that rural county is more impacted than Chicago.

Gun rights groups and the gun lobby push a misperception that gun violence is just a problem in urban communities. It's a much broader issue than that, and this report shines necessary light on the range of demographic groups and geographies that are impacted by different kinds of gun violence. It's not just Black males in urban areas like Baltimore or Chicago. The leading cause of [gun] death is firearm suicide, which predominantly happens among white males. It's a problem for our entire nation.”

And Chicago is surrounded by states with much more lax gun laws. Not hard at all to drive over the border to Indiana and pick one up.

Chicago certainly has a gun violence problem, and it’s tragic. But there’s more to the story there than pundits would have you believe. The “but look at Chicago!” tactic has been a go-to move by the right and the gun lobby since the Obama administration.

EDIT: One more note… in 2020, for the first time, firearms passed motor vehicle crashes as the leading cause of death for kids one and older.

Last edited:
Just curious, how long did it take to get your license for this? I have heard it takes upwards of year for the background check. I have a TS clearance so I have thought about trying to get one. My friend who works for ATF said it's much easier if you already have clearance.
Walked into a store in Okla and purchased both M-4 and butterfly clip. Walked out 30 min later.

EDIT: but that was 8 yrs ago. What’s changed? What’s different between a real M-4 and a knockoff AR-15 in terms of background checks?

Last edited:
Walked into a store in Okla and purchased both M-4 and butterfly clip. Walked out 30 min later.

EDIT: but that was 8 yrs ago. What’s changed? What’s different between a real M-4 and a knockoff AR-15 in terms of background checks?
Wouldn’t a *real* M4 (selective fire capable) require a tax stamp? As compared to a standard semi-auto AR-15?

Reactions: Pokem3
A recent study on gun deaths in 2020 revealed that 13 of the 20 counties with the nation’s highest firearm homicide rates were rural counties. And the county in which Chicago is located — Cook County — had the 79th highest gun homicide rate.

“Chicago, or Cook County, has around 700 gun homicides a year, but it also has a population of over 5 million. Then you have a rural county in Arkansas, like Phillips County, that has around 10 gun homicides a year but a population of only 22,000. Based on rates, that rural county is more impacted than Chicago.

Gun rights groups and the gun lobby push a misperception that gun violence is just a problem in urban communities. It's a much broader issue than that, and this report shines necessary light on the range of demographic groups and geographies that are impacted by different kinds of gun violence. It's not just Black males in urban areas like Baltimore or Chicago. The leading cause of [gun] death is firearm suicide, which predominantly happens among white males. It's a problem for our entire nation.”

Suicide by gun is a pointless topic, if they're not blowing their brains out they're going to find another way.

12 cities had record high homicides in 2021, Philly with 521 murders and a 13% rise. It's not just a Chicago thing, it's a black community thing in red and blue states, a serious issue that our mainstream media and government conveniently choose to ignore and not discuss. 2,574 black on black murders occurred in 2019 (latest data I could find) compared to 2,594 for white on white. When you consider that black people make up 12.4% of the population vs whites making up 61.6%; those numbers are beyond alarming. Downplaying it with some random redneck county in rural Arkansas? These cities have become war zones.

And Chicago is surrounded by states with much more lax gun laws. Not hard at all to drive over the border to Indiana and pick one up.

Yet Indiana has the 15th lowest murder rate in the country compared to Illinois that has the 8th. As I said above, it's within these communities that it's an issue, whether red or blue state, and yet nobody wants to discuss the crime and gun deaths surging out of control in our inner cities. If the homicide rates went down in these communities, the country's overall homicide rate would drop drastically.

Reactions: windriverrange
Because black people killing each other at a significantly higher percentage than other races doing the same doesn't fit their agenda.
Counterpoint: many folks on the right sure are quick to bring up the black folks in Chicago any time one of these mass shootings occurs. It’s a go-to move in the playbook, to borrow your phrasing. There’s more than one agenda.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Counterpoint: many folks on the right sure are quick to bring up the black folks in Chicago any time one of these mass shootings occurs. It’s a go-to move in the playbook, to borrow your phrasing. There’s more than one agenda.

I'm talking about white supremacy, brah. It's the greatest threat to this country, even though you are exponentially more likely to be white and killed by a person of color than the other way around. We can't be talking about record black on black crime with whitey lurking around every corner.

“The top domestic violence extremist threat we face comes from racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, specifically those who advocate for the superiority of the white race,” Garland said.

Your M4 must not be a real M4, meaning no third option on safety/fire switch. If it is, well, you got away with a steal.

I'm talking about white supremacy, brah. It's the greatest threat to this country, even though you are exponentially more likely to be white and killed by a person of color than the other way around. We can't be talking about record black on black crime with whitey lurking around every corner.

“The top domestic violence extremist threat we face comes from racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, specifically those who advocate for the superiority of the white race,” Garland said.
Moms that speak their mind at school board meetings are terrorists as well. Time to arm those school board members so they can shoot those mom/terrorists.

Its real. Not sure it was a steal. Paid about $3,500
The steal is the fact you didn’t have to go through an automatic weapon check and pay the required licenses and stamps. Those have been around for a long time.

Chicago certainly has a gun violence problem, and it’s tragic. But there’s more to the story there than pundits would have you believe. The “but look at Chicago!” tactic has been a go-to move by the right and the gun lobby since the Obama administration.

EDIT: One more note… in 2020, for the first time, firearms passed motor vehicle crashes as the leading cause of death for kids one and older.

Look up the racial demographics of murderers in Arkansas. I was stunned.

So you are fine if somebody gets pissed at you, reports you and then you have to deal with all the legal fees and everything to prove there’s nothing wrong? Guilty until proven innocent isn’t a solution. Having some sort of tip line or something to bring attention to a potential issue is fine, but giving law-enforcement the ability to immediately act on it by going in and confiscating all the weapons and then sorting through things is absolutely bullshit. If you think civil asset forfeiture is bad, this would be a freaking nightmare.
Yeah, how many rights are being given up?

I want to say around 11% of high school aged girls attempt simuicide. 2% have to seek medical treatment for attempting suicide. I think the male percentage is 8. Makes me sick.

Reactions: BiloxiPoke
So today I spent in San Antonio. One of my meetings involved the Uvalde shooting. Don’t read of you have a weak stomach.

They have plastic surgeons that have flown to San Antonio to put the body parts of the children together because many of the Hispanic families want to have an open casket funeral.

Saw an interview with a mom that was initially cuffed and then released before she ran into the building and got he kids out of classrooms. Said that no cops were in the building when she went in. And that she could hear the gunman still shooting. Also the reporter said the mom got a call from an uvalde law enforcement official threatening obstruction of justice if she kept giving interviews.

Saw an interview with a mom that was initially cuffed and then released before she ran into the building and got he kids out of classrooms. Said that no cops were in the building when she went in. And that she could hear the gunman still shooting. Also the reporter said the mom got a call from an uvalde law enforcement official threatening obstruction of justice if she kept giving interviews.
Hard to fathom how poor the LE response was. And they’re fumbling the PR now too.

Reactions: Pokem3 and AC2020
I may be embarrassed to say I have a real M-4 with a 100 round butterfly clip. You never know when an army of zombies on meth is going to come at you
At first glance this seems like a remote exposure om Oklahoma but with groups of 18-22 year old males from Missouri checking into the Microtel and breaking into rooms being remodeled, one never knows.

I don’t think there’s any real chance of that. It’s silly tbh.

I’m not a psychiatrist. I would say an inclusion of mental health history should factor into the background check, whether it be in some sort of database or similar source. I don’t know if folks with a history domestic violence or child abuse factor into the current screening, but they absolutely should consider those things as red flags. Whatever system we have in place now clearly still has folks slipping through the cracks.
If the government wanted to do something about it, they would have done it a long time ago. They don’t want to do anything about it.

The government doesn’t give a fvck about me, you, or anyone else. Why is this so hard to understand for some?

If the government wanted to do something about it, they would have done it a long time ago
The right wants to harden every soft target which makes up 95% of mass shootings.

The left wants to soften even more targets and prevent people from defending themselves against people who will never obey gun control laws.

Stop voting left and you will see the government DO something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT