ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde shootings

All glass in entries and lobbies, or accessible from ground level have been upgraded to bullet and impact resistant type. The district also has its own police department and a minimum of two officers on each campus at all times. The officers have been there for years, the building upgrades occurred after Sandy hook.
That’s good and I’m glad they got those upgrades. I wish every school district had that ability.

All glass in entries and lobbies, or accessible from ground level have been upgraded to bullet and impact resistant type. The district also has its own police department and a minimum of two officers on each campus at all times. The officers have been there for years, the building upgrades occurred after Sandy hook.
What size district is this?

Moore has 35 schools which would require say 85-90 officers. 2 per school plus chain of command and additional officers to cover for time off/illness etc.

Moore has badges for buzzing in to schools now with 2 officers at high schools and sometimes 1 at junior highs. But I see the lackadaisical attitude all the time. Elementary schools with cafeteria doors propped open cause its too hot, Junior highs will make kids wait outside until a certain time in the mornings, so there 100's of kids just standing out in the open in groups.

The main problem is politicians. None of them will do a thing unless they're getting paid. And that's both sides of the aisles.

Adopt term limits and we'll get rid of career politicians if it is no longer profitable.

As I have mentioned previously in this thread, I would have no problem with it if it is implemented correctly, and not full of bureaucratic bs to prevent efficient approvals for qualified people, and not full of “red flag” crap. Raise the age for purchasing semi auto and higher capacity rifles to 21, but allow 18 to own single shot or low capacity non semi auto rifles. Also allow active duty military to purchase at 18 instead of 21.
I’m good with pretty much all of that, but I’d be curious what “red flag” language you mean. If it includes rejecting someone due to past mental health issues or a history of violence (including domestic violence), IMO those are worthy of a “red flag” label.

I think you are just threatened by strong females who have opinions about their children who they carried inside their bodies for 9 months and raised the rest of their lives. I’m sure you’d rather they just shut up and fall in line with the state who knows what’s best for people’s children.
No. I support strong women. Using lies to push some racist agenda is not strong, it is ignorant and immoral. The anthem of the right.

I’m good with pretty much all of that, but I’d be curious what “red flag” language you mean. If it includes rejecting someone due to past mental health issues or a history of violence (including domestic violence), IMO those are worthy of a “red flag” label.
The concern is that some people would paint all Trump supporters as terrorist and would create red flags and red tape for anyone that voted republican. Don’t believe me, listen to the pure bull shit being said on CNN and MSNBC. They are so full of hate towards all things Trump and republican.

So do these kids never have outdoor recess? What does all the checkpoints and security measures do at that time?

What should be included in an enhanced background check that is not already included in the existing background check?

Any psychiatrists on the board who can speak to when they can break patient confidentiality to report someone to the authorities? How does a person fight allegations they do not agree with?

No gotcha's just curious?

Reactions: OKSTATE1
The concern is that some people would paint all Trump supporters as terrorist and would create red flags and red tape for anyone that voted republican. Don’t believe me, listen to the pure bull shit being said on CNN and MSNBC. They are so full of hate towards all things Trump and republican.
The other big problem? Maybe, and I mean maybe, 3% of current voting Dems would vote Republican to protect what they would consider to be an over reach on 2A rights. They will never vote Republican. And it is why Dem politicians can never be trusted. Because even if they lie about their position on the 2A to get elected, they know when they pull a maneuver like what is happening in Canada they will not be voted out. Their sheep will not care.

It is also why I want ALL of the laws currently on the books to be enforced fairly and with no political bias. Until they can fulfill their current legal contracts to all Americans, we don’t need more laws that will be used and abused.

Reactions: OSUMBA and colcord
That would never happen….Oh wait, those poor school moms labeled as terrorists by the DOJ AT THE SCHOOLS REQUEST.

• Haha
Reactions: OSUMBA
What should be included in an enhanced background check that is not already included in the existing background check?

Any psychiatrists on the board who can speak to when they can break patient confidentiality to report someone to the authorities? How does a person fight allegations they do not agree with?

Child Psychiatrists seem to believe in self identifying before your brain is fully formed. I think you could sign an affidavit self identifying as a pacifist and you would be cleared. No surgery involved either.

I don’t think there’s any real chance of that. It’s silly tbh.

I’m not a psychiatrist. I would say an inclusion of mental health history should factor into the background check, whether it be in some sort of database or similar source. I don’t know if folks with a history domestic violence or child abuse factor into the current screening, but they absolutely should consider those things as red flags. Whatever system we have in place now clearly still has folks slipping through the cracks.

There have been several calls for red flag laws where someone can call in with a concern about someone’s mental health or stability and law enforcement will go remove all their weapons immediately, without due process. Huge probability that system would be abused by anyone with a grudge against someone. Look at all the crap that goes on with custody cases, bad breakups, etc.

BS> Trump, yes...he deserves it. Republicans,,, only the Trump bootlicking liars. The republicans who have integrity,( the ones the right hates), are not slammed. They have a conservative agenda and vote conservative but refuse to push the lies. That causes the majority of republicans to hate them and call them RINOs. Evan though Liz C. votes extremely conservative she has the gall to tell the truth.

There have been several calls for red flag laws where someone can call in with a concern about someone’s mental health or stability and law enforcement will go remove all their weapons immediately, without due process. Huge probability that system would be abused by anyone with a grudge against someone. Look at all the crap that goes on with custody cases, bad breakups, etc.
There’s folks out there who will abuse everything available. It’s shitty but it’s the nature of some people. If there was any chance a concerned friend, family member or neighbor could have reported this Uvalde teenager before he bought his ARs, then who knows? I’d be open to a similar setup with the caveat that there’s an appeal process after the fact to hopefully weed out cases of bitter exes, etc.

Reactions: colcord
The other big problem? Maybe, and I mean maybe, 3% of current voting Dems would vote Republican to protect what they would consider to be an over reach on 2A rights. They will never vote Republican. And it is why Dem politicians can never be trusted. Because even if they lie about their position on the 2A to get elected, they know when they pull a maneuver like what is happening in Canada they will not be voted out. Their sheep will not care.

It is also why I want ALL of the laws currently on the books to be enforced fairly and with no political bias. Until they can fulfill their current legal contracts to all Americans, we don’t need more laws that will be used and abused.

No need to vote republican. Once again for you slow ones, over 65% of democrats support private gun ownership. You need to dump the foil hat.

What size district is this?

Moore has 35 schools which would require say 85-90 officers. 2 per school plus chain of command and additional officers to cover for time off/illness etc.

70 or so schools, 120k students, give or take. Some of the campuses are shared with elementary and middle school, things like that. In those cases each school has a single cop and then one tha patrols the campus outside. My buddy said there are 130 or so officers, not counting the canines.

I think they were all at the graduations last week. I’ve never seen so many of them before.

So do these kids never have outdoor recess? What does all the checkpoints and security measures do at that time?

Sure they do. Elementary school buildings are securely fenced, and playgrounds are monitored by staff during recesses.

There’s folks out there who will abuse everything available. It’s shitty but it’s the nature of some people. If there was any chance a concerned friend, family member or neighbor could have reported this Uvalde teenager before he bought his ARs, then who knows? I’d be open to a similar setup with the caveat that there’s an appeal process after the fact to hopefully weed out cases of bitter exes, etc.
So, now you need an attorney, dollars to defend yourself, more judges, and again innocent people have to prove they are innocent. And, in the meantime, someone gets his right to own a gun postponed over BS.

How about saving the damn court systems time for you know, CRIMINALS.

And then you have activist judges.

Reactions: TPOKE and colcord

So you are fine if somebody gets pissed at you, reports you and then you have to deal with all the legal fees and everything to prove there’s nothing wrong? Guilty until proven innocent isn’t a solution. Having some sort of tip line or something to bring attention to a potential issue is fine, but giving law-enforcement the ability to immediately act on it by going in and confiscating all the weapons and then sorting through things is absolutely bullshit. If you think civil asset forfeiture is bad, this would be a freaking nightmare.

So you are fine if somebody gets pissed at you, reports you and then you have to deal with all the legal fees and everything to prove there’s nothing wrong? Guilty until proven innocent isn’t a solution. Having some sort of tip line or something to bring attention to a potential issue is fine, but giving law-enforcement the ability to immediately act on it by going in and confiscating all the weapons and then sorting through things is absolutely bullshit. If you think civil asset forfeiture is bad, this would be a freaking nightmare.
I know it’s not a perfect solution, but I’m tired of hearing folks lament the system and then throw their hands in the air as if nothing can be done. (Not directing that at you btw.) And I’m most tired of reading about schools and other public areas becoming shooting galleries. That’s the true freaking nightmare. Like I said earlier, hardening schools (where feasible) is only part of the solution here IMO. And arming teachers is a non-starter.

While I see the pitfalls for abuse, If your neighbor threatened to kill your family while you were at your next business trip, you would be perfectly cool with them not being questioned until hurting some member of your family before even considering taking their weapons. Is that your position. No matter their statements, only after shooting someone should they be investigated.

While I see the pitfalls for abuse, If your neighbor threatened to kill your family while you were at your next business trip, you would be perfectly cool with them not being questioned until hurting some member of your family before even considering taking their weapons. Is that your position. No matter their statements, only after shooting someone should they be investigated.
We have laws to handle this right now. And under no circumstances should any weapon be confiscated if it is hearsay.

Reactions: colcord
70 or so schools, 120k students, give or take. Some of the campuses are shared with elementary and middle school, things like that. In those cases each school has a single cop and then one tha patrols the campus outside. My buddy said there are 130 or so officers, not counting the canines.

I think they were all at the graduations last week. I’ve never seen so many of them before.

Sure they do. Elementary school buildings are securely fenced, and playgrounds are monitored by staff during recesses.
Fenced in bulletproof chain link?

Got it. Only after shooting someone.

We have laws…

Planning or threatening a violent act is considered a serious crime in Oklahoma. It is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison, whether the planning is done alone or as part of a conspiracy. Just making the threat of a violent act is a misdemeanor offense.

You have no problem stampeding over basic constitutional and legal rights. Not surprised at all.

Innocent until proven guilty
Illegal search and seizure
The right to face your accuser and have them cross examined
What constitutes evidence that can be used against you in a court of law

I am sure some legal people could throw in a few more, all over your emotions being so far
elevated you literally can not think straight.

This would be a good time to get the wife a judge besides reporting it to LE:

The Taurus Judge is a five shot revolver designed and produced by Taurus International, chambered for . 410 bore shot shells and the . 45 Colt cartridge. Taurus promotes the Judge as a self-defense tool against carjacking and for home protection. Many alternate the .410 and 45 loads.

Oklahoma is open carry. I have the wife cut the grass and make sure he notices she packs more than a lunch. Hopefully with such an immediate threat according to you she does not have to wait 3 days to get the gun.

I
For an Independent, you sure do share a lot of GOP memes and far right talking points. I keep looking for the memes/narratives aligned with liberal talking points, but no luck.
🤷‍♂️
Humor always best served with some truth. Of course, we know Liberals find comedy offensive because it is not politically correct. You all killed comedy, thanks. Funny as hell, sorry if comedy offends you.

For an Independent, you sure do share a lot of GOP memes and far right talking points. I keep looking for the memes/narratives aligned with liberal talking points, but no luck.
🤷‍♂️
I never said that I was liberal.

The GOP hasn't earned my vote.

Reactions: launch
I

Humor always best served with some truth. Of course, we know Liberals find comedy offensive because it is not politically correct. You all killed comedy, thanks. Funny as hell, sorry if comedy offends you.

Thanks for the humor lecture (even though it is completely tangential to my post that you quoted). I'm sure that when other posters think of @OKSTATE1 , the first thought that comes to their mind is "that dude is hilarious !".

Reactions: glflyer

I am very curious where this is, I’m guessing not in OK? How does this district pay for all this hardening? You must have some crazy property taxes And a very wealthy community.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT