ADVERTISEMENT

Surging Property Insurance

2012Bearcat

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2010

When the price of homes has skyrocketed along with the cost of materials it's only natural for Insurance cost to skyrocket as well.

I'm not fan of Insurance Companies but the rise in premiums is not their fault it's the massive inflation.
Recently I noticed all of my neighbors having their roofs replaced. I had my roof inspected and they found hail damage I didn't know I had. Having recently changed insurance companies I had to call my old insurance company (Allstate) to make a claim. I knew Allstate was a pain in the ass on claims but made the decision to take the much cheaper premium for a year. Of course when they came out they said the roof wasn't damaged enough for them to replace it. Knowing all of my neighbors had their roofs replaced I appealed Allstate's decision and had them send out a different appraiser. When we had talked on the phone, setting up the appointment, he was subtly trying to set me up for denying the claim again. When he pulled up and saw the neighbors house having their roof replaced he knew I wouldn't take no for an answer and ended up cutting me a check for 30K and an additional 8K when they get the roof done.
I say all of this to LMAO at insurance companies. Here they are paying me damn near 40K, expecting me to pay a 8K deductible for a total of 46K to have a roof replaced. Having rehabbed numerous houses and owning rental properties I know the cost to replace the roof is nowhere near that. And we wonder why insurance premiums are as high as they are.

When the price of homes has skyrocketed along with the cost of materials it's only natural for Insurance cost to skyrocket as well.

I'm not fan of Insurance Companies but the rise in premiums is not their fault it's the massive inflation.
Recently I noticed all of my neighbors having their roofs replaced. I had my roof inspected and they found hail damage I didn't know I had. Having recently changed insurance companies I had to call my old insurance company (Allstate) to make a claim. I knew Allstate was a pain in the ass on claims but made the decision to take the much cheaper premium for a year. Of course when they came out they said the roof wasn't damaged enough for them to replace it. Knowing all of my neighbors had their roofs replaced I appealed Allstate's decision and had them send out a different appraiser. When we had talked on the phone, setting up the appointment, he was subtly trying to set me up for denying the claim again. When he pulled up and saw the neighbors house having their roof replaced he knew I wouldn't take no for an answer and ended up cutting me a check for 30K and an additional 8K when they get the roof done.
I say all of this to LMAO at insurance companies. Here they are paying me damn near 40K, expecting me to pay a 8K deductible for a total of 46K to have a roof replaced. Having rehabbed numerous houses and owning rental properties I know the cost to replace the roof is nowhere near that. And we wonder why insurance premiums are as high as they are.
All State is a piece of shit company. I hope they rot in hell.

Something is way off there.

I have an asphalt shingle roof in Colorado that was replaced by AllState two years ago. About $16k all-in.

Having to change providers as Safeco not in Oklahoma now. not sure whom I will end up with. Suggestions viewed if offered. Still have a loan so the self-insurance not an option. Travelers wants 3 percent deduct on wind and hail and will not do just house in Oklahoma. They have high car rates from my quotes. Wife said some of her co workers has said they are being dropped by Farmers.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Safeco didn’t stop writing home or auto insurance in OK. Curious where you heard that.

mine hasn't gone up but I'm waiting for the next renewal. Was with another company (Safeco) a couple years ago, have had a roof claim, and now with State Farm. The Safeco amount was about double what State Farm is charging. It's reasonable and was expecting an increase in the last renewal but nothing much...car's only and that was mainly because of a claim. So, I'm expecting things to go up but hopefully reasonably. haha.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT