ADVERTISEMENT

UNI at OKLA STATE

Here is a thought:

15,000 Fans at Penn State vs. Iowa

Last night, one of the many annoying things… you could clearly hear the tiny section of N. Iowa Fans cheering for their guys.

In GIA.

Would you ever hear N. Iowa Fans cheering in Carver-Hawkeye?
If we were wrestling Penn state or Iowa the place would be full/nearly full. We are spoiled and fans only show up for big duals. UNI isn’t going to fill the place.

Here is a thought:

15,000 Fans at Penn State vs. Iowa

Last night, one of the many annoying things… you could clearly hear the tiny section of N. Iowa Fans cheering for their guys.

In GIA.

Would you ever hear N. Iowa Fans cheering in Carver-Hawkeye?
No, because Iowa ducks Northern Iowa every year. For some reason they won't put them on the schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN
[QUOTE="Dugan2035, post:
Need to start pumping NIL money into the program. Forget about developing, go get guys that are proven.
Go get the UNI guy we saw tonight at 184. He is a Beast and should have 3 years left.
[/QUOTE]
I think that Dustin Plott beat the UNI 184 at some National Tournaments his junior year of high school if my memory is right. I just looked it up and I was right that Dustin beat him in May of 2019 beat Keckheisen 10 to 0 in freestyle in less than 2 minutes at 79 kg.

Last edited:
Plott also beat Keckeisen after that in the Fargo semis @ 182. He won by tech 16-6. Even with a big lead, Plott continued to shoot, he was relentless in HS. Still hoping to see that version of him.

Plott also beat Keckeisen after that in the Fargo semis @ 182. He won by tech 16-6. Even with a big lead, Plott continued to shoot, he was relentless in HS. Still hoping to see that version of him.
He also beat Starocci. Tech’d him if memory serves.

Been said many times, freestyle is a different animal. Free success doesn’t necessarily translate to folk. Carter Young is a good, recent example. .

Been said many times, freestyle is a different animal. Free success doesn’t necessarily translate to folk. Carter Young is a good, recent example. .
Yes, he also beat Starocci. I believe they split, with Plott winning the most recent.

And I agree that free & folk are different animals. With Plott though, he was less of an exposure guy and more of a takedown machine IMO. In the Super32 finals he beat Patrick Kennedy. Kennedy wrestles that Iowa style of hand fighting and holding good position. Plott took him down 7x.

We need more chain wrestling. Multi shots at multiple levels. Confidence and being concerned about getting taken down/countered seems to be an issue. Quit wasting the entire first period on tying up. If you go 0-0 or 2-1 for the first period it is trouble and you’re going to have a hard time separating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT