ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa PRIDE Parade

I welcome all my fellow Oklahomans to join us in the march for LGBTQ+ equality by walking in the PRIDE parade Saturday night in downtown Tulsa. The Parade begins at 13th and Boston, goes north on Boston Ave to 4th street, and then east on 4th street to Tulsa Pride Celebration at the Dennis R. Neil Equality Center.

If you'd rather line up along the route and cheer on and show your support for the cause then you are more than welcome. The parade starts around 6pm.

If you'd like to know more: https://www.okeq.org/parade.html

3314507_orig.jpg

leftists: stay out of our bedrooms

also leftists: you have to like what is going on in our bedrooms

Pretend they're showing off their guns or tearing up the capital. Now do you get it?

I find you leftist reaction to right wing protest hilarious. When leftist riot, loot, intimidate innocent bystanders, block roads and freeways for months you are not only silent you are supportive but one group on the right goes off for a couple of hours it's the end of the world.

I find you leftist reaction to right wing protest hilarious. When leftist riot, loot, intimidate innocent bystanders, block roads and freeways for months you are not only silent you are supportive but one group on the right goes off for a couple of hours it's the end of the world.

All that rioting, looting, blocked roads you speak of… they didn’t cover that on CNN and MSNBC, so he’s hearing it for the first time.

“That’s different” 🤣

True. Not being able to marry is a good example of rights not allowed to all.

However, demanding specific workplace protections, by being designated a special protected class, is providing rights/protections that others don’t have.
Care to name the protected classes in Oklahoma other than for sexual orientation and gender identity? I think we'll find that you agree with some of them being protected.

Reactions: CowboyJD
I guess I don't understand why gay people feel the need to have a parade every time you turn around. Seem a bit narcissistic to me.
The annual gay pride parade is around this time each year in commemoration of the Stonewall Uprising. I don't know of more than one PRIDE parade in Tulsa per year. But there may be more.

However, demanding specific workplace protections, by being designated a special protected class, is providing rights/protections that others don’t have.

The law prohibits discrimination based upon race, religion, National origin, handicapped status, pregnancy, sex, and genetic status.

Can you identify the rights/protections they’re asking for that “others” don’t have.

Reactions: davidallen
The law prohibits discrimination based upon race, religion, National origin, handicapped status, pregnancy, sex, and genetic status.

Can you identify the rights/protections they’re asking for that “others” don’t have.
I thought veteran status was also a protected class in Oklahoma.

Edited to add: Just checked and it is in a few states such as California. But not in Oklahoma. I'd also add Political Affiliation to the protected classes for anti-discrimination. If we are going to have protected classes then we need to be thorough.

Last edited:

I don’t think your list above covers all “others”?
Why not have a statute that says no workplace discrimination of ANY kind?

Well, then you’d get into Tourett’s Syndrome cases, for example. “Welcome to Costco, ****stick. Would you like a shopping cart today, cocksucker?”

Reactions: OUSOONER67

There's hope for whitey.

Reactions: iasooner2000
leftists: stay out of our bedrooms

also leftists: you have to like what is going on in our bedrooms

You wanna hear a bumper sticker BornFollower take in response?
there is a 0% chance that 100% of the rioters on Jan 6 were maga.

Ok, let's argue if it was 100 or 97% - anything to avoid acknowledging how stupid, violent, and unprincipled they were.

These ridiculous displays are as boring and consequential as 'Left handed boiler makers parades'.

No one gives a shit.
Ooo, I came out, I'm famous. Just stop. The 80s are over.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
You wanna hear a bumper sticker BornFollower take in response?

Ok, let's argue if it was 100 or 97% - anything to avoid acknowledging how stupid, violent, and unprincipled they were.
Did they burn down a Wendy’s? Did they loot a convenience store? Seems like they were pretty mild by leftist standards.

Yep, that's my sole purpose in life.
I go out everyday and disenfranchise people of all the darker pigments.
Good Lord, find another boogieman. We white devils are worn out,
Dems just can‘t seem to realize that some people are just too lazy to vote. In their minds, there has got to be a reason that they don’t vote.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I thought veteran status was also a protected class in Oklahoma.

Edited to add: Just checked and it is in a few states such as California. But not in Oklahoma. I'd also add Political Affiliation to the protected classes for anti-discrimination. If we are going to have protected classes then we need to be thorough.

At least for employment by the state in Oklahoma, veteran status is actually a preferred (greater than protected) status/class for hiring (though not for private employers, though some like Lowe’s do engage in preferential veteran hiring). As far as political affiliation, I would contend that it is a protected class by the 1st Amendment (certainly with regards to state action/employment.....not so much in private organizations).

One could argue (not that I necessarily am because I am all on board for protected status for veterans) that veteran status and political affiliation aren’t immutable fandamental characteristics like the others are...which is the reason for protected status of those factors.

Furthermore, now that I think about it USERRA provides a good number of benefits as a protected class to military members (including those on active and reserve status). I’m pretty sure that doesn’t extend to veterans no longer in the military though.

Last edited:

What “others” does it not cover? (I need to add age discrimination for those over 40 pursuant to the ADEA...which technically does allow discrimination based upon being too young...so to that extent I concede that those are others that it doesn’t cover).

How do you think “no work place discrimination of ANY kind” would actually work?

Discrimination = recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.

You can’t discriminate based upon experience....knowledge...education.....training....performance once hired....misconduct....no discrimination at all?

That would mean you’d have to hire the first applicant and keep them on for ever.

If you prefer the alternate definition of discrimination of = the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

(Both definitions from the Oxford dictionary)

I would say that unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories....especially race, age, and sex...is already prohibited. I would also say that if you had advocated for a ban or discrimination based upon immutable, personal, inherent characteristics of a person...I’d probably be on board.

Reactions: Ostatedchi
Wrong. He isn’t trolling! He’s dead serious....Phillips conoco told him how to think. He’s woke but will be popular at work.....hahaha
Actualy just the opposite. I've been an LGBTQ+ ally at times where it could have hurt my career.

Reactions: CowboyJD

Gay people have always been allowed to marry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT