ADVERTISEMENT

Trump accuses Obama of wiretapping him

I'll give you a straight answer, but first I'm going to address your fluffy preamble.

Of course he didn't. You don't have to resort to Twitter when the entire establishment apparatus (including the alphabet media) are at your beck and call. Given Obama's unprecedented access to friendly media, it would be unseemly and frankly unnecessary for Trump to have addressed this via Tweet.

No sir, I am actually only inferring a tangential relationship. I did not directly compare the two (but I will be happy to). In fact, I simply asked an open ended question about why I've heard less about Russia since the wire tap statement was tweeted. It was a massive story for months, and now everyone is focused on Obamacare Lite.

Still, it is interesting that the Russia story has fallen out of style so quickly, don't you agree?

He probably exaggerated. Sure. So? It seems to have exposed and neutralized the bullshit Russia story, so given the fact that I didn't vote for a sunday school teacher, I would say - good job Banno... er... Trump.

I'm just glad to finally hear a conservative admit he doesn't really care about integrity.

So you admit that the NY Times article you keep referencing as evidence that Obama had Trump wiretapped actually isn't any sort of evidence supporting the claim at all?
I referenced the New York Times story for exactly what it said, no more and no less. Intelligent people can make up their minds, read between the lines and fill in any blanks.

Dennis Kucinich: I'm no fan of Trump's but he's got a point about wiretapping.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...-but-hes-got-point-about-wiretapping.amp.html

YtQ2DpP.gif

So Mega, let me pose this hypothetical to you.

Joe Mixon punches a girl raising questions about how well ou policies its program and who is allowed to be on their team.

As the heat mounts and questions are raised - Pres Boren, sends out lots of tweets blaming OSU for violations of the law, NCAA recruiting rules, and saying that OSU and its players are doing worse things that rise to what got OSU on probation back in the 80's. (All of this without a single solitary shred of evidence to support his claims.)

So, the media taking the bait and diverting their attention to check into Boren's allegations, takes their eyes off the issues at ou.

Would you call that a successful move in the part of Boren in deflecting attention away, or would you roundly criticize him for it as nothing more than a diversionary tactic that should be rejected?

Because you're basically praising Trump for creating a situation where attention has been taken off him by him making claims without offering any evidence or proof and acting like it's a brilliant political gambit.

So Mega, let me pose this hypothetical to you.

Joe Mixon punches a girl raising questions about how well ou policies its program and who is allowed to be on their team.

As the heat mounts and questions are raised - Pres Boren, sends out lots of tweets blaming OSU for violations of the law, NCAA recruiting rules, and saying that OSU and its players are doing worse things that rise to what got OSU on probation back in the 80's. (All of this without a single solitary shred of evidence to support his claims.)

So, the media taking the bait and diverting their attention to check into Boren's allegations, takes their eyes off the issues at ou.

Would you call that a successful move in the part of Boren in deflecting attention away, or would you roundly criticize him for it as nothing more than a diversionary tactic that should be rejected?

Because you're basically praising Trump for creating a situation where attention has been taken off him by him making claims without offering any evidence or proof and acting like it's a brilliant political gambit.

That's quite a convoluted analogy. Interesting you use as your sample an institution you already know I would be happy to see lose every game and lawsuit from now until the end of time, so I reject your analogy and substitute my own.

Bedlam basketball, The refs are not calling fouls and ou is absolutely mugging us. Do we continue to play as though fouls get called or do we sharpen our elbows and employ a few moving screens and hand checks and adjust to the lack of integrity by the refs (media)?

Let me be clear. I expect more details at some point on the wiretapping claim. I'm already on record as saying that.

However, I also have waited for months to see a shred of evidence to back up the Trump campaign collusion with Russia and haven't seen many posts from you demanding people claiming that connection existed - "without offering any evidence or proof" of same.

So now Russia seems to be petering out as I predicted and it seems to be a result of Bannon's gambit. Yeah I think it was pretty smart.

That's quite a convoluted analogy. Interesting you use as your sample an institution you already know I would be happy to see lose every game and lawsuit from now until the end of time, so I reject your analogy and substitute my own.

Bedlam basketball, The refs are not calling fouls and ou is absolutely mugging us. Do we continue to play as though fouls get called or do we sharpen our elbows and employ a few moving screens and hand checks and adjust to the lack of integrity by the refs (media)?

Let me be clear. I expect more details at some point on the wiretapping claim. I'm already on record as saying that.

However, I also have waited for months to see a shred of evidence to back up the Trump campaign collusion with Russia and haven't seen many posts from you demanding people claiming that connection existed - "without offering any evidence or proof" of same.

So now Russia seems to be petering out as I predicted and it seems to be a result of Bannon's gambit. Yeah I think it was pretty smart.
That question might be relevant if I had been on here claiming that there was no doubt that Trump was a Russian plant, but since I haven't it kind of falls flat.

Again, you just had the sitting President of the US make a charge of the former President committing a criminal act. This, apparently without even checking to see if there is any evidence to support his claim.

You honestly do not see any problem with that? Because from where I sit, you cannot possibly be a "libertarian" like you claim and be cool with the most powerful person in the Govt using their power (and the inherent powers of his office) to smear people for political gain.

Reactions: davidallen
That question might be relevant if I had been on here claiming that there was no doubt that Trump was a Russian plant, but since I haven't it kind of falls flat.

Again, you just had the sitting President of the US make a charge of the former President committing a criminal act. This, apparently without even checking to see if there is any evidence to support his claim.

You honestly do not see any problem with that? Because from where I sit, you cannot possibly be a "libertarian" like you claim and be cool with the most powerful person in the Govt using their power (and the inherent powers of his office) to smear people for political gain.

That's a pretty narrow frame you are trying to put me in. I think you know better.

Reactions: CBradSmith

1. I believe the former president is a low character Chicago scumbag politician who in his quest to fundamentally transform America wouldn't blink about the ethics of wiretapping a political rival. I'm quite convinced that shitbag is in fact, a criminal.

2. The tweet was a week ago. I'm referencing Russia because months after it began, still no evidence. Nothing. I'll give the wire tapping tweet at least as long as common media has given Russia ties - but at some point I do believe it'll play out and be proven because (see #1).

3. How exactly is it evident that Trump has no evidence to support his claim? Is his lack of bended knee fealty to privide proof evidence there is none? I do not accept this as fact at this point.

Note: none of the above is cheerleading for Trump so much as observing what I already believe to be true about Obsma, deep state etc.

Last edited:
1. I believe the former president is a low character Chicago scumbag politician who in his quest to fundamentally transform America wouldn't blink about the ethics of wiretapping a political rival. I'm quite convinced that shitbag is in fact, a criminal.

2. The tweet was a week ago. I'm referencing Russia because months after it began, still no evidence. Nothing. I'll give the wire tapping tweet at least as long as common media has given Russia ties - but at some point I do believe it'll play out and be proven because (see #1).

3. How exactly is it evident that Trump has no evidence to support his claim? Is his lack of vended knee fealty to debate of proof evidence there is none? I do not accept this as fact at this point.

Note: none of the above is cheerleading for Trump so much as observing what I already believe to be true about Obsma, deep state etc.

Pinpointing raw sewage will never be confused with cheerleading for the other side.

Reactions: MegaPoke
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017...-obama-looked-to-brit-agency-to-spy-on-trump/

Judge Napolitano: ‘Three Intel Sources’ Say Obama Looked to Brit Agency to Spy on Trump

"Fox News Judicial Analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano claimed “three intelligence sources” say President Obama looked to British spy agency GCHQ to obtain transcripts of conversations involving President Donald Trump on “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT