ADVERTISEMENT

Thread: 2022 Midterm Elections

I’m curious, Been, what degree of proof would you require before you know in your heart that election results are fraudulently skewed in the Democrats’ favor? And if that degree of proof was provided to you what would be your reaction? Would you not care as long as it was in favor of the Democrats, believing in your mind that the Democrat ideology is so important that cheating is okay? Would you rise in indignation and demand the cheating stop immediately and the cheaters be prosecuted with the same fervor as that against the Jan. 6 participants? Where exactly do you come down on the allegations of cheating?
I'm a strong believer in Occam's razor. The most likely explanation is that there is no evidence of actual voter fraud (not enough to change the outcome of an election) because there is no significant voter fraud. It is becoming comical that the GOP continues to claim "VOTER FRAUD!" after every election and continue to be unable to find real evidence. I guess they just think that the Democrats are too smart for them and continue to find ways to get away with it. Either that or the GOP is really stupid because they continue to fall prey to the same devious tricks and can't find a way to stop it from happening over and over again. They just keep taking it up the ass and crying about it. We are talking about the same people who believed in Pizza Gate, and Seth Rich, and Jewish Space Lasers, and Microchips injected with vaccines, and Hydroxychloroquine, and Horse Dewormer, and The Clinton Death Squad, and on and on and on. It's much more likely that "VOTER FRAUD!" is another BS conspiracy theory than that it is reality.

In answer to your actual question. All actual voter fraud should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Republican or GOP.

Evidentiary proof has been shown many times by many people in many places. And you dismiss it as tin-foil hat conspiracy lunacy. What proof do you need, Clinton? What would it take for @ClintonDavidScott to say “oops, there it is!”
Show me all the links to your "proof". I want actual links. Don't be lazy. Don't tell me to google it. Let's see what you got.

I'm a strong believer in Occam's razor. The most likely explanation is that there is no evidence of actual voter fraud (not enough to change the outcome of an election) because there is no significant voter fraud. It is becoming comical that the GOP continues to claim "VOTER FRAUD!" after every election and continue to be unable to find real evidence. I guess they just think that the Democrats are too smart for them and continue to find ways to get away with it. Either that or the GOP is really stupid because they continue to fall prey to the same devious tricks and can't find a way to stop it from happening over and over again. They just keep taking it up the ass and crying about it. We are talking about the same people who believed in Pizza Gate, and Seth Rich, and Jewish Space Lasers, and Microchips injected with vaccines, and Hydroxychloroquine, and Horse Dewormer, and The Clinton Death Squad, and on and on and on. It's much more likely that "VOTER FRAUD!" is another BS conspiracy theory than that it is reality.

In answer to your actual question. All actual voter fraud should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Republican or GOP.

Show me all the links to your "proof". I want actual links. Don't be lazy. Don't tell me to google it. Let's see what you got.
Okay, so you can’t answer the question (or don’t want to) of what proof you would need beyond a generic “all voter fraud” which has no meaning at all without specificity (which is what was being asked of you). You accuse anyone who suspects there has been Democrat cheating of also believing in Pizza Gate, Seth Rich, Jewish Space Lasers (which is a new one to me, I’ve never heard that one), etc. That’s a convenient way to ignore/avoid contemplating the possibility of corruption by the team with which you identify. The point I would make, Been, is your loyalty should *never* be toward your political team and should *always* be for the preservation of our liberty. I think too many “team players” forget that, they get so caught up in the political gamesmanship. For the record I believe the corruption of voting integrity is rampant within the Democrat Party, it has reached the point of “win at any cost” even if the cost is the destruction of our so-called free society. And I don’t believe in Pizza Gate or any of those other things you mentioned. Nor do I think the vast majority of “election deniers” believe those things either. I speak for myself only when I express deep concern at the direction the Democrats are dragging this country. I’m not a Republican, they scare me as badly as does your team. And if the day ever comes they reassume power I will be just as concerned with them as I am with the Democrats today. I wish you and everybody else felt the same way.

As regards your demand I provide proof of Democrat cheating, I can’t do it. I can only look at how the last two elections have played out and scratch my head in complete befuddlement. The last minute illegal rules changes made by Democrat office holders as to how votes would be accepted and counted in 2020 is where I start.

For the record I don’t vote and haven’t voted for many decades. I don’t vote because I hate them all, every politician of every party, I don’t trust a single one of them. The shenanigans of the last few vote periods is my proof of why I don’t waste my time.

Is the election over yet, or are we still looking for Dem votes to come in? Just curious.

The long knives are out for Trump, backed by the establishment GOP who were the first to pile on, and the first to make sure GOP candidates didn't have the funding they needed to win elections while at the same time yelling there should be a red wave! Then piling on when one doesn't emerge. It's nice to see the Pual Ryans, and Mit Romney's trying to take back the GOP from it's new populist base by saying sit down shut up and vote for us so we can be your communist light version of government.

The fact that at this point the GOP is still in contention for the Senate after 4 days of searching for Democrat votes is amazing. It will be no Red Wave for the Republicans, and it will be no victory for Democrats either. Which means it is still a Republican victory, and a victory for the populist base of the party.

It wasn't Rhino's and anti Trump republicans showing up at the polls was it. They stayed home. If they would show up the Red wave would have emerged but they would rather someone tell them their name before they shove the broom stick up their ass. The margins are razor thin. Republicans have won 50,113,534 votes, or 52.3% of the vote while only managing to flip about 9 seats so far. What does that say, in Red states Republicans are in control, but in blue states the Democrats are being challenged for leadership. The Dems in 2024 will have to spend most of their money defending, while the Republicans will be spending money on the attack. At least nine Democratic-held seats in competitive states will be up in 2024 — Arizona (Kyrsten Sinema), Michigan (Debbie Stabenow), Minnesota (Amy Klobuchar), Montana (Jon Tester), Nevada (Jacky Rosen), Ohio (Sherrod Brown), Pennsylvania (Bob Casey), West Virginia (Joe Manchin III) and Wisconsin (Tammy Baldwin).”

At this point our elections are a laughingstock. The GOP leadership needs to change. No Mitch, No Kevin. No matter what the final outcome of 2022 these two need to take a seat. It's time for fresh leadership.

For the Rhino's and never Trumpers. The next presidential election is about to start. Run your guy out there against Trump and lets see who wins. If you are recruiting DeSantis to run for you, well he may not be Trump, but he is MAGA so you don't get anything there. The top three Republicans right now are Trump, DeSantis, Lake. I already know your guy will Youngkin.

Gladiator GIF

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
For the record I believe the corruption of voting integrity is rampant within the Democrat Party, it has reached the point of “win at any cost” even if the cost is the destruction of our so-called free society.

This is your opinion, Dan…it’s not rooted in any meaningful amount of fact and substance. You have nothing beyond empty conjecture and philosophy.

And you know it.

carry on

This is your opinion, Dan…it’s not rooted in any meaningful amount of fact and substance. You have nothing beyond empty conjecture and philosophy.

And you know it.

carry on
Damn, Clinton, I know it and I said it. I don’t think the conjecture is “empty,” it’s just not “proven.” And of course it’s philosophically driven. It would be weird if it were not. You may not realize it but individual human life/survival is not possible without having a philosophical foundation. Even a hard core collectivist who turns over all responsibility for his existence to agents of the state cannot survive without someone operating under guidance of a philosophy. Philosophy is a good thing, Clinton!

answer the question (or don’t want to) of what proof you would need beyond a generic “all voter fraud” which has no meaning at all without specificity (which is what was being asked of you).
Any iota of proof resulting in criminal charges being filed. Here are some examples.
https://news.yahoo.com/three-michig...L_Fn94H5JJK-WbXR1C_nSUVcSliojqyP8Ls78kRvIXz4_

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/14/politics/jason-schofield-new-york-election-commissioner/index.html

too many “team players” forget that, they get so caught up in the political gamesmanship.

This is BS. I specifically explained that "VOTER FRAUD!" is a BS conspiracy theory until some kind of evidence is found. I'm not making that call because I'm beholden to my "team". I'm making that call because it makes a lot more sense that the GOP are being whiny, excuse making, poor losers than the explanation that it is happening and no one can prove it/stop it. Take a minute to think about how many people would have to know about it/take part, while keeping their mouth shut, to pull it off. It is completely unrealistic.
the Democrat Party, it has reached the point of “win at any cost”
Do you truly believe that the Dems have this philosophy but the GOP does not? You say you "hate them all, every politician of every party, (and) don’t trust a single one of them, but it sure sounds like you think the Dems are much worse than the GOP. I think you are full of shit. You are closely aligned with the GOP while constantly claiming (on this site) that you are not on either side. I don't know if you are fooling yourself or think you are fooling everyone else.

As regards your demand I provide proof of Democrat cheating, I can’t do it. I can only look at how the last two elections have played out and scratch my head in complete befuddlement.
This is the root of all conspiracy theories. "XYZ sure seems suspicious, so there must be some alternate explanation that doesn't line up with known facts". Here we are , over 2 years since the 2020 election, and there is still nothing to support the "stolen election" narrative. Not a scintilla of proof. Yet, you are still clinging to the idea that there has to be something there.
For the record I don’t vote and haven’t voted for many decades. I don’t vote because I hate them all, every politician of every party, I don’t trust a single one of them. The shenanigans of the last few vote periods is my proof of why I don’t waste my time.

JFC. You spend more time on this board than just about any other poster. You don't participate in our political system but can't stop discussing it. You are a hypocrite, and I'm done talking politics with you. I will happily interact with you on the other forums, but not here. At least the MAGA's, on this site, are open about who they are and what they believe.

Any iota of proof resulting in criminal charges being filed. Here are some examples.
https://news.yahoo.com/three-michig...L_Fn94H5JJK-WbXR1C_nSUVcSliojqyP8Ls78kRvIXz4_

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/14/politics/jason-schofield-new-york-election-commissioner/index.html

This is BS. I specifically explained that "VOTER FRAUD!" is a BS conspiracy theory until some kind of evidence is found. I'm not making that call because I'm beholden to my "team". I'm making that call because it makes a lot more sense that the GOP are being whiny, excuse making, poor losers than the explanation that it is happening and no one can prove it/stop it. Take a minute to think about how many people would have to know about it/take part, while keeping their mouth shut, to pull it off. It is completely unrealistic.

Do you truly believe that the Dems have this philosophy but the GOP does not? You say you "hate them all, every politician of every party, (and) don’t trust a single one of them, but it sure sounds like you think the Dems are much worse than the GOP. I think you are full of shit. You are closely aligned with the GOP while constantly claiming (on this site) that you are not on either side. I don't know if you are fooling yourself or think you are fooling everyone else.

This is the root of all conspiracy theories. "XYZ sure seems suspicious, so there must be some alternate explanation that doesn't line up with known facts". Here we are , over 2 years since the 2020 election, and there is still nothing to support the "stolen election" narrative. Not a scintilla of proof. Yet, you are still clinging to the idea that there has to be something there.

JFC. You spend more time on this board than just about any other poster. You don't participate in our political system but can't stop discussing it. You are a hypocrite, and I'm done talking politics with you. I will happily interact with you on the other forums, but not here. At least the MAGA's, on this site, are open about who they are and what they believe.
I’m truly sorry you feel that way. I have always enjoyed our interactions. I’ll just say a couple of things and then let you have the last word before you apparently don’t want to speak to me ever again.

I’m not technologically savy enough to know how to break down replies the way you have done (I’m a pre-computer fossil), so all I can do is tell you that you have established one straw man argument after another. For example I specifically said I hate Republicans with the same concern as Democrats, and I will complain about Republicans with the same savagery as Democrats as soon as they regain power. What you heard was I think only Democrats are corrupt. That may be an easy way for you to dismiss what you don’t want to hear, but frankly it’s not honest.
I’m human and as such I’m as replete with hypocrisy as anyone else. But I do make a conscious effort not to be. For one thing I can’t imagine how I could be more open about who I am and what I believe. I suspect you have a binary notion of political dialog, left Democrats and right Republicans (especially MAGA Republicans), and get a little confused and frustrated when your pre-conceived talking points don’t connect. At any rate, as Popeye would say, “I yam what I yam“ and if you never want to talk politics with me again I’ll regret it but there’s nothing I can do about it. Life will move on.

• Haha
Reactions: CowboyJD
Is the election over yet, or are we still looking for Dem votes to come in? Just curious.

The long knives are out for Trump, backed by the establishment GOP who were the first to pile on, and the first to make sure GOP candidates didn't have the funding they needed to win elections while at the same time yelling there should be a red wave! Then piling on when one doesn't emerge. It's nice to see the Pual Ryans, and Mit Romney's trying to take back the GOP from it's new populist base by saying sit down shut up and vote for us so we can be your communist light version of government.

The fact that at this point the GOP is still in contention for the Senate after 4 days of searching for Democrat votes is amazing. It will be no Red Wave for the Republicans, and it will be no victory for Democrats either. Which means it is still a Republican victory, and a victory for the populist base of the party.

It wasn't Rhino's and anti Trump republicans showing up at the polls was it. They stayed home. If they would show up the Red wave would have emerged but they would rather someone tell them their name before they shove the broom stick up their ass. The margins are razor thin. Republicans have won 50,113,534 votes, or 52.3% of the vote while only managing to flip about 9 seats so far. What does that say, in Red states Republicans are in control, but in blue states the Democrats are being challenged for leadership. The Dems in 2024 will have to spend most of their money defending, while the Republicans will be spending money on the attack. At least nine Democratic-held seats in competitive states will be up in 2024 — Arizona (Kyrsten Sinema), Michigan (Debbie Stabenow), Minnesota (Amy Klobuchar), Montana (Jon Tester), Nevada (Jacky Rosen), Ohio (Sherrod Brown), Pennsylvania (Bob Casey), West Virginia (Joe Manchin III) and Wisconsin (Tammy Baldwin).”

At this point our elections are a laughingstock. The GOP leadership needs to change. No Mitch, No Kevin. No matter what the final outcome of 2022 these two need to take a seat. It's time for fresh leadership.

For the Rhino's and never Trumpers. The next presidential election is about to start. Run your guy out there against Trump and lets see who wins. If you are recruiting DeSantis to run for you, well he may not be Trump, but he is MAGA so you don't get anything there. The top three Republicans right now are Trump, DeSantis, Lake. I already know your guy will Youngkin.

Gladiator GIF
So much nuttiness in one post. Amazing!

Dems had 8% edge nationally last election and gained 40 plus seats.

GOP had a 6% edge this time around ... crickets.
The American electorate has spoken. The polls saying they are dissatisfied with the direction the country is headed were clearly wrong. The American electorate is very satisfied with the conditions the Democrats are putting us in. So you need to sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride! The Democrats have got this. There’s nothing to worry about. The future couldn’t look brighter! Quit your bitching and celebrate with @davidallen! Democracy has been saved! Nothing but ribbons and bows from here on!

Last edited:
Reactions: AC2020
The American electorate has spoken. The polls saying they are dissatisfied with the direction the country is headed were clearly wrong. The American electorate is very satisfied with the conditions the Democrats are putting us in. So you need to sit down, shut up and enjoy the ride! The Democrats have got this. There’s nothing to worry about. The future couldn’t look brighter! Quit your bitching and celebrate with @davidallen! Democracy has been saved! Nothing but ribbons and bows from here on!

The Republicans offered nothing more than Biden sucks. Generally, I’d say that should be enough. However, you throw in the abortion issue where, right or wrong, the Rs are way out of step and Trump doing what Trump does the week before the election and this is what you get.

I don’t see how you can characterize these midterms as anything other than a massive L for the Republicans.

The Republicans offered nothing more than Biden sucks. Generally, I’d say that should be enough. However, you throw in the abortion issue where, right or wrong, the Rs are way out of step and Trump doing what Trump does the week before the election and this is what you get.

I don’t see how you can characterize these midterms as anything other than a massive L for the Republicans.
Would anything of significance have actually changed if the Republicans had won as much as expected? Count me skeptical. You’re right, though, what the Republicans “ran” on should have been enough. Clearly it was not. The electorate has said unequivocally that it wants abortion to be regulated by the US government and not an issue left to the states. And it has also said it is tired of the drama Donald Trump throws around like beads at Mardi Gras. Those two issues are of greater importance than rising prices, rising crime, foreign invasion on our southern border, rising potential of nuclear war. The last two years of Democrat governance is what the electorate prefers, and now we’re going to get a big dose of it for the next two. Hang on to your hat, a storm is brewing!

• Haha
Reactions: Been Jammin
Would anything of significance have actually changed if the Republicans had won as much as expected? Count me skeptical. You’re right, though, what the Republicans “ran” on should have been enough. Clearly it was not. The electorate has said unequivocally that it wants abortion to be regulated by the US government and not an issue left to the states. And it has also said it is tired of the drama Donald Trump throws around like beads at Mardi Gras. Those two issues are of greater importance than rising prices, rising crime, foreign invasion on our southern border, rising potential of nuclear war. The last two years of Democrat governance is what the electorate prefers, and now we’re going to get a big dose of it for the next two. Hang on to your hat, a storm is brewing!
I would lean more on “what has the GOP done over the past two years.” Yea, Biden is a train wreck, but the GOP has done nothing but whine about 2020 election, continued to allow Trump to suck the air out of the room, whine about the 2020 election, abortion (like it or not, the GOP is not on the popular side of that one), and taking a stand to block Biden on anything. I don’t knoe that the student loan forgiveness blocking had that much to do with this round, but I doubt it helped. Republicans out-crazied the Dems, which is an impressive feat. GOP simply did not establish a plan.

Trump is so unlikeable that the “anybody but Trump” mantra was enough for the Dems in 2020. Prices ebb and flow, hell, the Dems were promoting that a recession was coming throughout Trump’s term. Yes, COVID happened, but nobody can legitimately blame Trump for that. His personality made that worse.

I have not been the biggest DeSantis fan, but the GOP needs to rally around him and dump Trump. DeSantis has every chance to be the next POTUS. I think he could even be a good one. He also seemed to be the only Republican that people were excited to vote for, rather than just being “the other” option.

Guess you missed where dems actual results offered inflation, insane energy prices, open borders, drag queens with kids etc….abortion trumps all those? Haha what else do reps need to do for you? if this is really peoples approach, oh well you can’t fix stupid.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Guess you missed where dems actual results offered inflation, insane energy prices, open borders, drag queens with kids etc….abortion trumps all those? Haha what else do reps need to do for you? if this is really peoples approach, oh well you can’t fix stupid.
It would seem two things trumped all those things: a national law granting abortion on demand, and exhaustion of DJT. It is an utterly stupid attitude, but it is the attitude that won.

Reactions: MR. TANNER BOYLE
The postmortem posts from right-wingers right no are pure gold. Talk about a bunch of shocked and confused individuals.

The postmortem posts from right-wingers right no are pure gold. Talk about a bunch of shocked and confused individuals.
What’s pure gold is you vote in favor of the ridiculous results I mentioned above, when your teams actions show they don’t truly care about the climate, racism, women, etc. look at what happened with college loans, they abused those fools and they are using you too. You or your kids will figure it out someday maybe.

Not just confused but utterly befuddled. The results of the elections are as exasperating as figuring the logic behind school programs with cross-dressing performers grooming very young children for sexual manipulation. I see only two explanations: the Democrats cheated again or, more likely, the electorate is not particularly concerned about the collectivist society the Democrats are working so diligently to create. As a liberty-loving libertarian I am bothered by either scenario.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I see only two explanations: the Democrats cheated again or, more likely, the electorate is not particularly concerned about the collectivist society the Democrats are working so diligently to create. As a liberty-loving libertarian I am bothered by either scenario.
The latter is probably somewhat true or maybe even that a majority of the electorate supports a nation that embraces the common good. I sure hope so.

And again, there is nothing here to be befuddled about. That is, of course, if one can set aside one's partisan misconceptions.

What’s pure gold is you vote in favor of the ridiculous results I mentioned above, when your teams actions show they don’t truly care about the climate, racism, women, etc. look at what happened with college loans, they abused those fools and they are using you too. You or your kids will figure it out someday maybe.
Keep thinking like this.

And keep losing elections.

How are the results partisan?
I didn't say the results were. I said your take on the results are.

Two quick points. First, maybe try understanding that not all Americans blame Biden and the Democrats for everything that isn't perfect in our nation. And second, try understanding that some Americans see the positives and accomplishments of the past two years. Many chose to stay the course because they agree with the vision and policy commitments put forward by the Democrats. While Republicans offered them nothing but complaints and a return to something they have already rejected.

• Haha
I didn't say the results were. I said your take on the results are.

Two quick points. First, maybe try understanding that not all Americans blame Biden and the Democrats for everything that isn't perfect in our nation. And second, try understanding that some Americans see the positives and accomplishments of the past two years. Many chose to stay the course because they agree with the vision and policy commitments put forward by the Democrats. While Republicans offered them nothing but complaints and a return to something they have already rejected.
Ok I have two things too:

the buck stops with people in charge, red or blue

list the positives and accomplishments

list the positives and accomplishments
Here are a few that come to mind . . .

(1) Our troops are out of Afghanistan finally. A twenty year war was ended.

(2) Legislative victories. These could actually be listed individual but I'll just include all of them under this one point. Some examples: the bipartisan infrastructure law, the American Rescue Plan, the climate/health spending bill, modest gun safety laws (federal action on this issue for the first time in thirty years), PACT Act, reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, etc. One could also list all the good outcomes of these new laws too.

(3) Positive economic news (3.7% unemployment rate, the creation of more jobs in one year than any other President in history, etc.).

(4) Strengthening of the NATO alliance and working to ensure we maintain a position of strength as it relates to Putin (which includes stiff economic sanctions).

(5) Confirmation of judicial nominees that many Americans support, including a new Supreme Court Hustice. This is especially relevant given the concerns many Americans have over the horrible Dobbs decision.

(6) Recommitted the USA to the Paris Agreement.

(7) Brought Ayman al-Zawahiri to justice in a very successful military operation.

• Haha
@CoastGuardCowboy
You still laughing at my post above?
Twenty seven states use the Dominion type voting systems. Red wave would have brought a tilt toward sanity to the country. Genius talk show host Charlie Kirk, from Arizona, predicted wins for Masters and Lake. Looks like there is still quite a bit of theft going on. Is the theft ok with you, since D's are the the ones doing it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT