ADVERTISEMENT

Tik tok

aliabedi

All-American
Aug 15, 2008
Banning Tik Tok in the US could set a precedence for third world countries to ban various sites on the net.
In Pakistan after the most corrupt elections where results were changed after being announced.
Twitter service has been halted. Same could be done for other social media sites hence no free flow of the information.
This maybe the end of freedom in the world

Rumble has already made an offer on TikTok. If this passes, I expect TikTok to sell to an American Company that will eliminate ties to China. I doubt TikTok will see a minute of downtime in the US. As much as I hate TikTok, I don't agree with banning them, but I do agree with monitoring information going out of the US to unfriendly states. The easiest solution is to have Rumble buy the company.

I think the main problem is Tik Toc is it's a arm of the Chinese government and they are using the platform to manipulate the easily manipulated. Get the Chinese government out of it and do not allow political censorship and I think the people would be fine with it.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
I think the main problem is Tik Toc is it's a arm of the Chinese government and they are using the platform to manipulate the easily manipulated. Get the Chinese government out of it and do not allow political censorship and I think the people would be fine with it.
Of course you and others will be fine with it. Your government is keeping you safe from outside manipulation and assuring you can be manipulated only by it. How was it old Ben Franklin put it about sacrificing personal autonomy on behalf of being protected by a government? He was thinking of you when he said it.

If you install the Tik Tok app on your phone then you are basically voluntarily installing malware. No need to ban the app, but there should be much more transparency on what privacy you are actually giving up.

If you install the Tik Tok app on your phone then you are basically voluntarily installing malware. No need to ban the app, but there should be much more transparency on what privacy you are actually giving up.
What more transparency do you recommend be required of Tik Tok, and who should be the one requiring it?

Of course you and others will be fine with it. Your government is keeping you safe from outside manipulation and assuring you can be manipulated only by it. How was it old Ben Franklin put it about sacrificing personal autonomy on behalf of being protected by a government? He was thinking of you when he said it.

Oh so you have no issue with a adversarial foreign government collecting personal data on American citizens and using it's platform to manipulate American society? Before you go there, I have an issue with American owned social media platforms doing the same to the American people.

Oh so you have no issue with a adversarial foreign government collecting personal data on American citizens and using it's platform to manipulate American society? Before you go there, I have an issue with American owned social media platforms doing the same to the American people.
I'll ask you the same question: what transparncy do you think should be required of Tik Tok, and what entity do you think should require it?

I'll ask you the same question: what transparncy do you think should be required of Tik Tok, and what entity do you think should require it?
Doesn't matter, I wouldn't allow a foreign owned social media company any access to our population. Would have zero issue with other countries doing the same.

80s 1980s GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT