ADVERTISEMENT

13 Basic Facts to Defend Israel

No, it was British held territory, and prior to that Ottomans.

I guess you can call them Crusaders, or Ottomans, or Arabs, or Romans, or Byzantines if you are strictly using the land.
I'll stick with Palestinians for the time being.

Is it your opinion that the indiscriminate bombing/destruction of Gaza by the Israeli government is a method sanctioned as civilized use of force?
One, Israel is not indiscriminately bombing. As far as the destruction of Gaza will be decided by how much the people there choose to resist the Israeli reoccupation of that area.

Your choice but the arguments you are having are because for most people you have a completely inaccurate definition of this word.
Well that's just silly. When one talks about the Palestinians in Gaza everyone knows exactly who one is talking about. And my comments are devoted exclusively to the Gazan Palestinians who had nothig to do with the attack by Hamas, the innocent ones that many Americans, including quite a few on this very board, are more than willing to see get slaughtered in the name of revenge on Hamas, the sanctioned civilized use of force be damned.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Well that's just silly. When one talks about the Palestinians in Gaza everyone knows exactly who one is talking about. And my comments are devoted exclusively to the Gazan Palestinians who had nothig to do with the attack by Hamas, the innocent ones that many Americans, including quite a few on this very board, are more than willing to see get slaughtered in the name of revenge on Hamas, the sanctioned civilized use of force be damned.
You mean the same ones who did nothing to stop the barbarous actions of their fellows? The same innocents who cheer for every jew killed? The same innocents who have watched and cheered as Hamas dug up pipes that were to bring them drinkable water to turn into bombs and rockets? You know where to find sympathy in the dictionary.

You mean the same ones who did nothing to stop the barbarous actions of their fellows? The same innocents who cheer for every jew killed? The same innocents who have watched and cheered as Hamas dug up pipes that were to bring them drinkable water to turn into bombs and rockets? You know where to find sympathy in the dictionary.
Yes, those are the ones. The ones who live under the thumb of armed Hamas belligerents who dig up water pipes for making bombs while holding unarmed citizens in their sights. What is with you and Bearcat with your fury that some Gazans cheered? Aren't you cheering when you see Gazans get crushed by buildings that collapse when they're bombed?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yes, those are the ones. The ones who live under the thumb of armed Hamas belligerents who dig up water pipes for making bombs while holding unarmed citizens in their sights. What is with you and Bearcat with your fury that some Gazans cheered? Aren't you cheering when you see Gazans get crushed by buildings that collapse when they're bombed?
No. I'm not cheering, I know what that means. I'm pushing for Israel to end this, so we don't have to see this again.

Yeah, and Oklahoma never was a state prior to 1907, it was land, never a nation, "given" to several tribes of Indians (after taking it away from other tribes that had lived here for centuries) with the assurance it would be their land forever. Do you maintain that because European powers "retrieved" Palestinian land to create a Jewish-dominated nation therefore Oklahoma should be returned to the Indians? Which ones, the ones forcibly moved here or the ones who were supplanted?
If the victors of WWII had wanted to. Sorry but a world war was fought and won by those that made the decision to give the Jewish people what is now Israel. Millions died and sacrificed winning that war against evil and because of that they have every right to decide how they wanted to divide the world. What have you sacrificed on that scale to have the right to question the victors of WWII?

If the victors of WWII had wanted to. Sorry but a world war was fought and won by those that made the decision to give the Jewish people what is now Israel. Millions died and sacrificed winning that war against evil and because of that they have every right to decide how they wanted to divide the world. What have you sacrificed on that scale to have the right to question the victors of WWII?
I haven't sacrificed any body parts if that's what you mean, but I've suffered enough emotonal trauma to know I never want anyone else to know what it feels like. I disagree with you that the winners of the war now have the right to divy up the world as they want.

• Haha
Who or where have you seen anyone cheering the deaths of any Palestinians? You haven’t but you have seen the Palestinians cheering the deaths of Israelis. So please stop with this line of BS you are better than this.

I haven't sacrificed any body parts if that's what you mean, but I've suffered enough emotonal trauma to know I never want anyone else to know what it feels like. I disagree with you that the winners of the war now have the right to divy up the world as they want.
Why is that? Every victor of a war in history has done so.

That doesn't make it right. Was the Cherokee Trail of Tears justified in your opinion?
Sorry, guys, it's quitting time and I'm going home. I'm old and you've worn me out. I stood my ground as best I could. Which I know wasn't all that good because some of you said you were laughing at me. At any rate I always enjoy exchanging views on topics. Even when I'm seriously outnumbered like this time.

• Haha
One, Israel is not indiscriminately bombing. As far as the destruction of Gaza will be decided by how much the people there choose to resist the Israeli reoccupation of that area.
That's just almost too much to take seriously. "I'm going to punch you in the face and I'm going to keep punching until you tell me to stop, so all punching of your face is on you."

That's just almost too much to take seriously. "I'm going to punch you in the face and I'm going to keep punching until you tell me to stop, so all punching of your face is on you."
At this point you nailed it Dan! Welcome to war against the savage.

At this point you nailed it Dan! Welcome to war against the savage.
If your point is that *both* Hamas and the IDF are behaving like uncivilized savages then yes, indeed, I nailed it. Most people easily recognize the savagery of Hamas, they do their butchering face to face and come home covered in the blood of those they slaughtered. It’s harder to recognize the civilized savagery of the IDF. Their pilots hop on a jet bomber and unload on the people below from 20k feet in the air. Nice and neat, sterile and *civilized!* where they return home clean as a whistle, take a quick shower and have a nice meal. And since they’re the civilized ones they don’t have to carry the memories of the destroyed bodies for which they are responsible. It’s all very 21st Century for them, very civilized.

If your point is that *both* Hamas and the IDF are behaving like uncivilized savages then yes, indeed, I nailed it. Most people easily recognize the savagery of Hamas, they do their butchering face to face and come home covered in the blood of those they slaughtered. It’s harder to recognize the civilized savagery of the IDF. Their pilots hop on a jet bomber and unload on the people below from 20k feet in the air. Nice and neat, sterile and *civilized!* where they return home clean as a whistle, take a quick shower and have a nice meal. And since they’re the civilized ones they don’t have to carry the memories of the destroyed bodies for which they are responsible. It’s all very 21st Century for them, very civilized.
I understand the difference between the two things here Dan. You clearly do not. Sometimes there really is good vs. evil. Hamas is the picture in the dictionary of evil. When you refer to demons, and the devil, they are the example. If you can't tell the difference between what you yourself just described, then you will never know the face the of evil until it drags you out of your house and makes you watch as it tortures your grandchildren before they cut your head off.

• Love
Isn't that how every fight goes, until one has had enough punches keep getting thrown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT