ADVERTISEMENT

The Coleman factor

That’s your opinion. And honestly it doesn’t completely add up. There have been deeper issues for awhile. But I’ll choose to keep it somewhat lighter on this forum. We’ve had higher ranked recruits at some weights before than we do now. The fact is that the last two years there are several programs that finished ahead of us that did MORE with LESS. No one really says it but that’s the truth. Spratley and Jamison have been an awesome surprise considering they weren’t numbers 1s. Teague was far from a number 1. So in a way this year we’re finally getting more with less in a lot of ways. The reasons for that are many.
Teagen Jamison was Fargo national champ his senior year spratly was U20 champ let’s don’t act like they were chopped liver.

THIS. And blair clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. You guys don't have better athletes/wrestlers than you did with the Brock, Picc, Crutchmer, Jojo, Weigel, etc crew.

Those dudes were fugging TALENTED. Nolf is on record as saying Jojo is the toughest match of his entire career. But those guys partied hard, (still showed up to practice though) and john cut them too hard and ran them into the ground.

You take that crew with updated training methods and John actually addressing lifestyle (even in the offseason blair) and you're winning titles. But they were all completely overtrained by the end of the season.
You’re an idiot there has never been an Oklahoma State team overtrained when they’re not winning fans who know nothing look for a reason that has never been the reason at Oklahoma State

Teagen Jamison was Fargo national champ his senior year spratly was U20 champ let’s don’t act like they were chopped liver.
Tagen was about as under the radar as the come overall. #47 in class of 2021. Getting those two worked out because Spratley was beating Mckee but Mckee was Minnies guy so he wasnt going to get the start so he said see ya! Tagen said screw it I'm heading to Oklahoma too. We lucked out with those two. But, They werent any higher recruiting/class rank than some of the other guys on the roster.

Tagen was about as under the radar as the come overall. #47 in class of 2021. Getting those two worked out because Spratley was beating Mckee but Mckee was Minnies guy so he wasnt going to get the start so he said see ya! Tagen said screw it I'm heading to Oklahoma too. We lucked out with those two. But, They werent any higher recruiting/class rank than some of the other guys on the roster.
So that’s how they got here huh? They just decided I’m going to okla st and they came . Well watch again this year when two more say hah I’m going to okla st

So that’s how they got here huh? They just decided I’m going to okla st and they came . Well watch again this year when two more say hah I’m going to okla st
I also guess you think Isaac just said hah I think I’ll just go to Oklahoma State and that’s how it works then we got lucky again to get him

Reactions: AtownPoke
You’re an idiot there has never been an Oklahoma State team overtrained when they’re not winning fans who know nothing look for a reason that has never been the reason at Oklahoma State

NEVER, there has NEVER been an overtrained OkieSt team??
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then you and/or the coaching staff have NO IDEA what that means. Which... well...

Put it like this, how about you ask the former wrestlers if they feel they were overtrained. Cuz guess what? I have. and from different eras. But sure. Let's just act like the changes in the room with John trusting Coleman don't exist. It's simply because Picc, Jojo, Weigel, Chandler, Collica, Dean, Crutchmer, were all "not" athletes.

But hey, I'm sure the sparring, the NOT doing 2 a days, actually LETTING OFF THE GAS, both in season and even more towards the end has NOTHING to do with. :rolleyes:

idiot.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then you and/or the coaching staff have NO IDEA what that means. Which... well...

Put it like this, how about you ask the former wrestlers if they feel they were overtrained. Cuz guess what? I have. and from different eras. But sure. Let's just act like the changes in the room with John trusting Coleman don't exist. It's simply because Picc, Jojo, Weigel, Chandler, Collica, Dean, Crutchmer, were all "not" athletes.

But hey, I'm sure the sparring, the NOT doing 2 a days, actually LETTING OFF THE GAS, both in season and even more towards the end has NOTHING to do with. :rolleyes:

idiot.
You think you know what it takes to win you have know idea Jo yes Dean yes the rest maybe Collin’s the others no these new kids and the ones coming are much better

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Nothing is 100% there slick, but Spratley knew he wasnt getting job so he was easier for OSU to get ahold of.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

idiot.
You left out running stadiums. Lots and lots of MF stadiums.

Tony Ramos discussing Iowa training vs OSU training.

Iowa is almost all live goes with very little technique taught. OSU is technique plus a ton of drilling, with some live.

Coleman blended elements of both at UNC.

I don’t understand your point do people think or overtrained by drilling really this is all a fans perspective you never hear Iowa athletes whining about overtraining at Oklahoma State. It’s fans thinking they know.

I don’t understand your point do people think or overtrained by drilling really this is all a fans perspective you never hear Iowa athletes whining about overtraining at Oklahoma State. It’s fans thinking they know.
I don’t have a dog in the fight but that’s literally what Tony just said (unless I misunderstood him). Sounded like Iowa was easier and “didn’t kill your body”

Just sharing the perspective of someone who has seen both sides. Ramos basically says Iowa is the one that overtrains because of all the live wrestling.

Here's another way to put it -- saw this on a different forum. When something doesn't work, Iowa says do it harder. OSU says do something different.

Tony Ramos discussing Iowa training vs OSU training.

Iowa is almost all live goes with very little technique taught. OSU is technique plus a ton of drilling, with some live.

Coleman blended elements of both at UNC.

Here’s the thing though: one a day or two a days? Adding in things like stadiums on top of two a days? Intensity, energy in the room. Toxicity and negativity in the room. How much weight are guys pulling? So many things to consider. To compare practice “styles” is not enough.

Reactions: DPJ and AtownPoke
Here’s the thing though: one a day or two a days? Adding in things like stadiums on top of two a days? Intensity, energy in the room. Toxicity and negativity in the room. How much weight are guys pulling? So many things to consider. To compare practice “styles” is not enough.
Spin it how you like they don’t over train

Reactions: AtownPoke
Could just be the mental as much as anything. John comes from the old school and that’s all about toughness and never being satisfied. I’m sure we’ve adapted some too but schools like PSU have completely shifted gears and are putting all the focus on the process and making it as fun/fulfilling as possible.
Once the shoe game at Oklahoma st starts looking better then we know Coleman has arrived
I love our shoe game. The orange takedowns and custom touches are all pretty killer. I can’t believe Nike quit making the Takedowns

Reactions: TheJimReaper

At first I thought you were just trolling. But you actually do think/been told that Okiest hasn't been overtrained in the past.

Like I said. Ask the guys who are no longer there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT