ADVERTISEMENT

The Circus Show...

I said, "she appears to be telling the truth". I did not say that her account is factual.

The only question here is whether or not the Senators on the fence will believe her story.
If they think she is more credible than Kav, they are not likely to push him through.

This he said/she said could all be avoided by getting Mark Judge and other individuals to share testimony.

Really, it only matters if the Senators can get re-elected by how they vote.

So you do think her statement was factually accurate?

I think she clearly thinks it was. I don't think she is making it up or is some kind of liberal agent playing a part.

As to the actual facts...I don't know. I do believe that BK ran with a hard partying crowd, which makes it realistic that the 2 of them were both at a small party where he was extremely intoxicated. Sometimes people make mistakes when they are extremely intoxicated. I know I have.

Most anyone who knows me today would be shocked if I told them some stories of things I/my friends did in HS. So, I don't put a lot of stock in people who are coming to BK's defense and talking about what a great man he is currently.

I think a few of you are putting too much stock in whether she believes it.

After watching it, she's not really clear on what happened.

She is not clear on what happened upstairs in that bedroom? If that is what you are saying, I disagree.

I think she clearly thinks it was. I don't think she is making it up or is some kind of liberal agent playing a part.

As to the actual facts...I don't know. I do believe that BK ran with a hard partying crowd, which makes it realistic that the 2 of them were both at a small party where he was extremely intoxicated. Sometimes people make mistakes when they are extremely intoxicated. I know I have.

Most anyone who knows me today would be shocked if I told them some stories of things I/my friends did in HS. So, I don't put a lot of stock in people who are coming to BK's defense and talking about what a great man he is currently.

The issue is this specific event. The lack of addressing it directly shows a bias

So you are willing to basically convict him on an 'i don't know' list of facts? Pretty weak sauce.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
So in summary .. is this about it from her today? I tried to listen to all but only caught a portion

Ford - This happened at a party that a friend and went to and these 3 people were there (I am not sure the other 2 were brought up)

People 1, 2 and 3 all said they have no recollection of this happening

Ford – Well, people 1 has had mental problems and as for people 2 and 3, I do not know why they would not corroborate

Did you drive to or home from the party?

Ford – no I didn’t but I can’t tell you how I left the party or who I left it with but whoever it was, had no idea this happened

She is not clear on what happened upstairs in that bedroom? If that is what you are saying, I disagree.

Except she wasn't clear on what happened in the bedroom. Her narrative was all over the place on what happened in that she remembers certain things like them laughing or she was wearing a one piece bathing suit, but not how the attack happened

Except she wasn't clear on what happened in the bedroom. Her narrative was all over the place on what happened in that she remembers.

How so. She clearly explained her recollection of everything from going up the stairs to leaving the house. What was "all over the place" about her narrative?

How so. She clearly explained her recollection of everything from going up the stairs to leaving the house. What was "all over the place" about her narrative?

She didn't clearly address a single question all day. I'm giving her a pass because she's exposing herself in a political game of Russian Roulette.

Reactions: CBradSmith
Those who didn't believe Ford aren't going to believe her after today. Those who did believe her will continue to after today.

Those who didn't believe Kavanaugh aren't going to believe him after today. Those who did believe him will continue to after today.

Each side will find in the testimonies something to prove what they want to believe.

That is why what we see today is useless. We need a full and fair investigation.

Those who didn't believe Ford aren't going to believe her after today. Those who did believe her will continue to after today.

Those who didn't believe Kavanaugh aren't going to believe him after today. Those who did believe him will continue to after today.

Each side will find in the testimonies something to prove what they want to believe.

That is why what we see today is useless. We need a full and fair investigation.

Agree about the investigation. However, there may be some Senators who were just looking for an excuse to go against Party lines.

Kav's opening statement
giphy.gif

If you judge her by how emotional and strong she talked about the event, you also have to judge him in the same way. Which was just as strong, in the opening statement at least.

An investigation of an event that happened 35+ years ago, was never reported anywhere close to contemporaneously, the details of which have been stated several different ways by the person whose memory it is all based upon, and for which the 3 persons she named who could allegedly corroborate her story all denied under penalty of perjury any knowledge of said events? That makes total sense.

An investigation of an event that happened 35+ years ago, was never reported anywhere close to contemporaneously, the details of which have been stated several different ways by the person whose memory it is all based upon, and for which the 3 persons she named who could allegedly corroborate her story all denied under penalty of perjury any knowledge of said events? That makes total sense.

I don't know. For the 3 people in the house, not in the bedroom, I would not expect them to necessarily remember the gathering. Especially if such gatherings were commonplace or if they drank a lot. To them, nothing significant happened, and that afternoon/evening would likely not stand out.

Seems like Judge should remember the events, but maybe not if he was as drunk as Dr Ford suggested.

Also, perjury does happen.

I think Kav's best point is that Dr Ford's friend said that she does not remember ever meeting Kav. That definitely looks suspicious.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Kavanaugh's best point is that he's been a man of great character for his entire adult life. He's a better human being than any of the people sitting across the room from him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT