ADVERTISEMENT

So will Trump's appointee Sondland plead the Fifth today?

Seems to me that he can just lie about a few things, that can't be proven, and get out of the mess he has made.

Lol Nunes projecting all the criticisms of the gop onto the Dems. So predictable. Lie, lie, lie, accuse your opponent of your shortcoming.

Reactions: Been Jammin
Welp, he's cast his die. I gotta work now. First live testimony I caught and boy is it a doozy. Live national TV and totally turned on Biff.

Almost as if he saw and learned details of things that happened after 2015.

Good find! Who’s a good boy?

PerfumedLividDaddylonglegs-size_restricted.gif

Either you didn't read the whole article, or it was updated after you posted. Schiff very astutely elicited facts from Sondland favorable to the President that he aparrently didn't have room for in his 23-page statement:

"After further questioning of Sondland, Starr said the case for impeachment remains "muddy [and] murky" and that removing a president should not be based on evidence that is "subject to interpretation." Starr also said it was a "shocking omission" for Sondland not to include in his opening statement the details of a phone conversation with Trump about Ukraine.

"President Trump, when I asked him the open-ended question, what do you want from Ukraine? His answer was 'I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zelensky to do the right thing.' That's all I got from President Trump," Sondland recalled."

Is the WB an accuser if they don't use him as evidence for impeachment?
Do you get to face the CI that started an investigation if the prosecution doesn't need to call the CI as a witness?
The answers are "no" and "no".

Plenty of witnesses refuse to testify at trial. The prosecution then has to make their case with other witnesses. If all of them corroborate the story and nobody contests the facts, then the original informant is immaterial.

He's either too dumb to grasp this, or he knows as much and doesn't care. Either way, it's not a serious legal argument.

Either you didn't read the whole article, or it was updated after you posted. Schiff very astutely elicited facts from Sondland favorable to the President that he aparrently didn't have room for in his 23-page statement:

"After further questioning of Sondland, Starr said the case for impeachment remains "muddy [and] murky" and that removing a president should not be based on evidence that is "subject to interpretation." Starr also said it was a "shocking omission" for Sondland not to include in his opening statement the details of a phone conversation with Trump about Ukraine.

"President Trump, when I asked him the open-ended question, what do you want from Ukraine? His answer was 'I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell Zelensky to do the right thing.' That's all I got from President Trump," Sondland recalled."

So if my crew and I are planning a bank robbery, and a concerned citizen overhears me and tells the cops, all I have to do is say no, I was absolutely not planning a bank robbery, and it's all good? Nothing else matters at that point?

Try again.

Is the WB an accuser if they don't use him as evidence for impeachment?
Do you get to face the CI that started an investigation if the prosecution doesn't need to call the CI as a witness?
Contrary to what has been stated in other threads, this is not analogous to a criminal investigation (but yes, there are circumstances in which the defense is entitled to the CI's identity.....I'm not a mob lawyer, so no, I can not deliver a treatise). Regardless, since we are talking about removing a duly elected president, due process (ie. fundamental fairness) requires that the electorate know who is at the heart of the whole episode. It is not just the person elected president who has an interest here, bit rather the entire citizenry.

So if my crew and I are planning a bank robbery, and a concerned citizen overhears me and tells the cops, all I have to do is say no, I was absolutely not planning a bank robbery, and it's all good? Nothing else matters at that point?

Try again.
No, counselor. Epic analogy fail. If you make an opening statement that is the polar opposite of your subsequent testimony, it pretty much blows the whole thing out of the water, dumb-ass.

PS: Congrats on an ever so appropriate screen name.

Reactions: N. Pappagiorgio
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT