ADVERTISEMENT

So the roster…….

All fair points and constructive. I enjoy looking at the bright side. Have never really claimed to have inside info... Which is why I've always been pretty adamant that I'm not a reporter. As far as access goes, I do get to interview the wrestlers and coaches and former athletes which has been fun but mostly because I want people to know these guys better.

Should for sure back off on the predictions. Although that's mostly just for fun.

This is just for fun for me. I hope I've never made anybody feel like I think I'm smarter than everybody. That's not my intent. Just a hobby that keeps me busy. Have never made a dime off this thing and never will.

Probably not going to get better at names. Sorry. When I'm corrected I do my best to change it but I mostly read updates on wrestling so I don't have the proper pronunciation until I talk to the person or somebody that knows. Got a bit of a Harry Truman problem there with all kinds of words.
I predict 10 AA's every year!

So I’m a diehard Poke Sports Fan but I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know the best insiders in the “34 and counting” forum… Now don’t mistake me for being some jackoff idiot when it comes to the sport! Jay Arneson. Is a LONG time family friend, Tommy Chesbro was good coach and partied with Pat, Freid, Hardell, Branch and maybe Mocco a lil bit. Tyrone Lewis also, so a few decent ones. But with regards to this site I need to know the lay of the land and would like to know who the “A” teamers are
@AtownPoke , @tom_v31 @JAY45 @chasepollard @Howie_Fartz @Pennstate1985 @smalls103 and any others I Might have accidentally Missed, I apologize!! Please tag them so I know who to follow on this. I’m obsessed with this shit now!! Thanks everyone!!

Last edited:
So I’m a diehard Poke Sports Fan but I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know the best insiders in the “34 and counting” forum… Now don’t mistake me for being some jackoff idiot when it comes to the sport! Jay Arneson. Is a LONG time family friend, Tommy Chesbro was good coach and partied with Pat, Freid, Hardell, Branch and maybe Micro a lil bit. Tyrone Lewis also, so a few decent ones. But with regards to this site I need to know the lay of the land and would like to know who the “A” teamers are
@AtownPoke , @tom_v31 @JAY45 @chasepollard @Howie_Fartz @Pennstate1985 @smalls103 and any others I Might have accidentally Missed, I apologize!! Please tag them so I know who to follow on this. I’m obsessed with this shit now!! Thanks everyone!!
Well I'm not an insider. I come across good info early from time to time but nothing consistent and I don't try and milk anyone. @Shootwrestling has been having some good sources and he's trying to build a twitter following for his upcoming podcast and stuff. @blair2000 used to be the top insider but I'm not sure how affected his sources are or were by the changes.

@Chasingthirty-five is another good poster. @vhsalum is a good Iowa guy.

So I’m a diehard Poke Sports Fan but I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know the best insiders in the “34 and counting” forum… Now don’t mistake me for being some jackoff idiot when it comes to the sport! Jay Arneson. Is a LONG time family friend, Tommy Chesbro was good coach and partied with Pat, Freid, Hardell, Branch and maybe Micro a lil bit. Tyrone Lewis also, so a few decent ones. But with regards to this site I need to know the lay of the land and would like to know who the “A” teamers are
In the old days (around the end of April beginning of May 2024) there was a lot of good info from lots of guys in here. It is really kind of bittersweet that there isn't a lot of info going right now.

You don't want to push for info from Coleman Scott's camp because they truly are upset about the hire. I think the understanding that this is a good thing is starting to temper those feelings, but it's still not kosher to ask a bunch of questions other than how those guys are doing.

It's pretty clear that DT is keeping a lid on stuff, which is not always a bad thing.

Well I'm not an insider. I come across good info early from time to time but nothing consistent and I don't try and milk anyone. @Shootwrestling has been having some good sources and he's trying to build a twitter following for his upcoming podcast and stuff. @blair2000 used to be the top insider but I'm not sure how affected his sources are or were by the changes.

Yes, my apologies to @Shootwrestling and @blair2000 are both individuals I have read good stuff from. What ever happened to @oberebo ? He used to have all kinds of information!

So I’m a diehard Poke Sports Fan but I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know the best insiders in the “34 and counting” forum… Now don’t mistake me for being some jackoff idiot when it comes to the sport! Jay Arneson. Is a LONG time family friend, Tommy Chesbro was good coach and partied with Pat, Freid, Hardell, Branch and maybe Mocco a lil bit. Tyrone Lewis also, so a few decent ones. But with regards to this site I need to know the lay of the land and would like to know who the “A” teamers are
VHSalum runs circles around me, and he and I still disagree about how DT got on the interview list. Other than that, I agree with his observations 99.99% of the time. I'm more like AtownPoke. I get around the internet a lot.

There are no good Iowa guys except MSU158. ;)

Appreciate you. I try to only post here if I believe it to be true. I also don’t come out and say this info is 100%. I try to share the info I get that has a leg to stand on. I know we are all fans just trying to stay in tune with our Pokes.

Very interested in who in the portal are the first to commit to the Cowboys. Since all the now HS seniors have earlier made their choice of schools, am also interested in which HS wrestlers in the class of 2025 give us their pledge. Will top wrestlers in the East want to make their way to Oklahoma (State) or will they stay in their present vicinity?

Reactions: tom_v31

Don’t sell yourself short

If you ever want to follow Pennsylvania HS wrestling (not saying you do), there is a sticky thread on the BWI site with incredible info on the up and comers. Some of those posters, like El Jefe, are walking HS wrestling encyclopedias.
Can you post the link of the forum here? Im not sure whats a BWI site. Nevermind, found it.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Can you post the link of the forum here? Im not sure whats a BWI site. Nevermind, found it.

prediction from the link. Let's see if this comes true:

"Bold prediction, neither Bassett or Forest wrestling anymore HS. Go to the Olympic training center or commit this summer. Go to that RTC. Them boys aren’t worried about winning state titles"

Personally I think it'd be cool if some of the above posters came over to the PSU site and got involved. We could use some healthy Cowboy perspective over there. Many of us are respectful and don't get out of line, and those that do are handled. Hope to see some of you come chat it up as the off-season can be a bit boring as you know.

Personally I think it'd be cool if some of the above posters came over to the PSU site and got involved. We could use some healthy Cowboy perspective over there. Many of us are respectful and don't get out of line, and those that do are handled. Hope to see some of you come chat it up as the off-season can be a bit boring as you know.
Very true. The PSU wrestling forum self polices for the most part. The footbal people consider us odd folk and only stop by one day a year when we win lol.

prediction from the link. Let's see if this comes true:

"Bold prediction, neither Bassett or Forest wrestling anymore HS. Go to the Olympic training center or commit this summer. Go to that RTC. Them boys aren’t worried about winning state titles"
Interesting. Only problem is our RTC isn’t quite up to snuff. YET. Let’s see what happens over the summer.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
Interesting. Only problem is our RTC isn’t quite up to snuff. YET. Let’s see what happens over the summer.
A growing trend for the highest of the elites is to forego their senior year and get a leg up by wrestling full time at an RTC or university room. They have nothing left to prove by mopping the floor with an average high schooler. I don’t doubt the prediction could come true. In fact I might be more surprised if it doesn’t come true.

VHSalum runs circles around me, and he and I still disagree about how DT got on the interview list. Other than that, I agree with his observations 99.99% of the time. I'm more like AtownPoke. I get around the internet a lot.
What school do you root for and when did you graduate?

It says I don’t have the credentials 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: mcpat
It says I don’t have the credentials 🤷🏻‍♂️
That's really strange. I have no idea why that is. I can do a search over there and see your username auto-populate, but the search returns "no results found".
When I visited here for the first time, my rivals account automatically had me logged into your site with a seamless transition.

Reactions: JAY45
That's really strange. I have no idea why that is. I can do a search over there and see your username auto-populate, but the search returns "no results found".
When I visited here for the first time, my rivals account automatically had me logged into your site with a seamless transition.
Oh boy, search me over there!

Willie tells it like it is and in my opinion is by far the best in the business. I don't dislike Lee but he has literally whined over and over about what Willie replied to him during the DT announcement podcast all over social media and now this forum. So Willie wasn't just going off because of Lee complaining here. What Willie said about Lee and complaining and wanting to be "inside or get inside info" is exactly what Lee complained about on X.

The people on this forum know that Lee is all about OSU wrestling which is great. We listen because we love the team but we also know he can't be taken seriously because he refuses to say anything negative about anything and has made unrealistic predictions over and over that are just silly. Lee is unapologetic about being a homer but Lee if you read this I have to ask: If you doing the podcast the way you do it means you aren't really taken serious by a large portion of your audience are you really doing right by the program? Or does the podcast for the greatest dynasty in sports deserve a host that tells it like it is and is not only taken seriously by Cowboy fans but the entire wrestling community? Food for thought my friend.

Oh and for the love of God learn how to pronounce last names.

And that's all I'm going to say about all this. Fartz out ✌️
I didn’t read your whole post… but you get a like for saying Fartz Out.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT