ADVERTISEMENT

Scuffle Championship Round

Orangebomber

All-Big12
May 29, 2001
125 - Eddie(6th) facing 12th seed Macri. Could face Conaway if he wins.
133 - Harding (12th) facing 6th seed Grey. Could face number 2 seed if he wins.
141 - Heil (8th) faces unseeded Fisher. Could face top seed if he wins.
149 - Kindig (1st) faces unseeded Melikian
157 - Collica (8th) faces 9th seeded Hernandez. Could face top seed if he wins.
165 - Dieringer faces unseeded Hammond from Penn St.
165 - Rogers (12th) faces 5th seed Walsh
165 - Marstellar (unseeded) faces 6th seed England from Missouri
174 - Rogers (7th) faces 10th seed Staudenmayer
174 - Crutchmer (9th) faces 8th seed Subjek
184 - Boyd (5th) faces unseeded Brucki
HWT - Marsden (1st) faces unseeded Lytle

Conoway lost in overtime to Willifred from Cleveland State. Eddie will wrestle Willifred as opposed to Conoway. Eddie should be in great shape as the next round starts at 9:00 AM and Eddie has not trouble making weight. I have no idea if Willefred had trouble with weight.

grey beats gwh. gwh i thought could have pulled it out but made a mental error at the end. also grey looked gas an took a long inj timeout to recover.

Marsteller with quick pin. I didn't get to watch, got there to see his hand raised.

This post was edited on 1/1 5:41 PM by april racer

Rogers pin was amazing, front headlock throw straight to back.
Chandler Rogers had first TD and then got whipped on the mat. He needs to work on bottom position.

Crutchmer chose down to start 2nd period. Got an escape, then Rodriguez got a takedown, and Crutchmer escaped again. 4-2 going into 3rd.

Dolan lost 6-5 from RT. he was almost getting back points when the match ended.

Jordan Rogers pin was a thing of beauty. You couldn't draw it up any better. Thats 2 for him so far. Bigger test tomorrow against much bigger 74 pounders.

Ive notice Boyd's defense is much better this year. You cant score often when someone is constantly on your leg and unlike last year it just seems hes not giving the leg up. Sorta like when a football team can keeps giving your offense 3 and outs then the offense has a shorter field to score. Hes not quick to react when he has a leg though. It takes him some time to score but once on the mat hes getting a bundle of turns. Someone quicker who can get to his legs is going to give him fits. But for now Im enjoying the ride.

Why did we not really try too hard in recruiting Derek White? How's he doing so far at Nebraska?

I have no clue, but I think they didn't recruit him too hard because they were comfortable with Schafer. I'm not sure what has happened. He is just a soph and last year one publication ranked him as the number 1 redshirt/nonstarting 197.

J Rogers match against the NC kid is on flo, search rogers name and it pops up. Not only is the pin fun to watch it was nice to see him getting in on some nice shots. He just needs to finish them, I am hoping he is on his way to jumping levels. We will find out a lot tomorrow. Overall this is s weak weight at the scuffle, but it's nice to see both of the 74s still on the championship side.

Replays of Rogers and CMs round 2 pins are worth the price of a flow subscription. The ref saw the Rogers move coming and moved into position but the look on the North Carolina's kid face was pure shock and awe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT