ADVERTISEMENT

It's Bedlam Week!!!

Did Mastro actually just choose neutral at start of 2nd when up 8-1? Doesn't he need to work on bottom?

Last edited:
Blankenship won 5 to 0 in the first round, Trevor wins 1st period pin with a wrist tilt, Travis Mastro wins 1st period pin with a cradle.
2nd round Whitcraft won by major Trevor won by wrist tilt pin by a wrestler from Corban, Blankenship wins 10 to 1. Travis Mastro lost to Dutton from Little Rock who got a takedown in the 2nd period to go ahead 4 to 2 and his( Dutton's) corner said Travis was gassed and beat and he was. What a waste of talent it seems so far in his Cowboy career.

Travis Mastro lost to Dutton from Little Rock who got a takedown in the 2nd period to go ahead 4 to 2 and his( Dutton's) corner said Travis was gassed and beat and he was. What a waste of talent it seems so far in his Cowboy career.
I never heard of that guy before. Looked him up, Willie had him #46 and Flo had him #59 in the 2022 class. He did win Fargo this past summer @ 145, but still, I'd have thought Mastro would beat him pretty easily.

2nd round Whitcraft won by major Trevor won by wrist tilt pin by a wrestler from Corban, Blankenship wins 10 to 1. Travis Mastro lost to Dutton from Little Rock who got a takedown in the 2nd period to go ahead 4 to 2 and his( Dutton's) corner said Travis was gassed and beat and he was. What a waste of talent it seems so far in his Cowboy career.
Trevor won by decision 8 to 1 in the quarters and won by pin in the semi's, Blankenship lost 6 to 1 to Volk ( rode out the 2nd period and never close to a takedown). Zack had a pin in his 1st consolation match and won 4 to 1 in his 2nd consolation match.

And why is our starting 125 pounder at Reno? Or will he go to the Scuffle too?
I'm guessing so he could work on getting off bottom. But in think it was qrt he chose neutral in 2nd, semi never got to 2nd and he couldn't get off bottom in finals. :(

Pretty certain he will be going to scuffle, needs more work.

Trevor won by decision 8 to 1 in the quarters and won by pin in the semi's, Blankenship lost 6 to 1 to Volk ( rode out the 2nd period and never close to a takedown). Zack had a pin in his 1st consolation match and won 4 to 1 in his 2nd consolation match.
Whitcraft lost 7 to 3 in the semi's to Valencia, Reece got sloppy and gave up a 6 pt move in the 3rd. Stika won 11 to 1 in the semi's. Travis Mastrogiavanni won by pin, 11 to 5 and then lost to Sonny Satiago 6 to 4. Blankenship took 5th with a 4-0 decision.

Last edited:
Seems like high school wrestling should look at including riding time in matches. Lots of high school kids get to college and are bad on bottom because they rarely got taken down in high school.

Reactions: osu2082
Whitcraft lost 7 to 3 in the semi's to Valencia, Reece got sloppy and gave up a 6 pt move in the 3rd. Stika won 11 to 1 in the semi's. Travis Mastrogiavanni won by pin, 11 to 5 and then lost to Sonny Satiago 6 to 4. Blankenship took 5th with a 4-0 decision.
Trevor Mastro won 5 to 2 over Tristan Lujan who beat Volk in the semi's.

Reactions: Dugan2035
Stika also took 1st. Witcraft 3rd, Harper 4th, McLane 5th.

Bloemhof took 2nd, losing to the MSU starter on a last second takedown (after MSU backed up the whole match). Bloemhof is scrappy, he won the Drury Open last week and gave Real Woods a tough 1st period at the Scuffle last season.

Travis Mastro lost to Santiago in this tourney and also 3 years ago at WNO. Think he needs to go 149 or it will be tough for him to be a factor. Doesn't have the horsepower for 157 IMO.

Blankenship got his 1st D1 win in the 5th place match, beating Indiana's starter.

Stika also took 1st. Witcraft 3rd, Harper 4th, McLane 5th.

Bloemhof took 2nd, losing to the MSU starter on a last second takedown (after MSU backed up the whole match). Bloemhof is scrappy, he won the Drury Open last week and gave Real Woods a tough 1st period at the Scuffle last season.

Travis Mastro lost to Santiago in this tourney and also 3 years ago at WNO. Think he needs to go 149 or it will be tough for him to be a factor. Doesn't have the horsepower for 157 IMO.

Blankenship got his 1st D1 win in the 5th place match, beating Indiana's starter.
I wouldn't get too excited about beating a MSU or Indiana starter.

I wouldn't get too excited about beating a MSU or Indiana starter.
Good thing is you don't have to. Just like your posts don't have to be correct. These were some of yours, right?...

- Mastro beat Teske, so he didn't struggle on bottom
- Sheets took part in the wrestle-offs, so he'll be at 157 for Lehigh
- Young would still be at Northwestern if wrestling 133 was an option

Good thing is you don't have to. Just like your posts don't have to be correct. These were some of yours, right?...

- Mastro beat Teske, so he didn't struggle on bottom
- Sheets took part in the wrestle-offs, so he'll be at 157 for Lehigh
- Young would still be at Northwestern if wrestling 133 was an option

Not what I said but nice job twisting words. ;_;

Not what I said but nice job twisting words. ;_;
Your words not mine. More drivel.

Hey, remember posting that there would be a 1 lb allowance for Lehigh? You posted that one twice actually. Both wrong. An allowance is for wrestling on consecutive days (like the Scuffle or Big12s), not for wrestling multiple x on the same day.

Hopefully Trevor gained some confidence with this weekends results.

Outside of Travis, seems like it was mostly positive for the OSU guys. No breakout performances per say, some good solid results and experience though.

It seems we have two current beefs going on here. I guess it is confirmed to be Festivus season. If anybody would like to air a grievance with me, now is the time.
You’re ugly and your feet stink?

You have one eye, steel teeth, and the breath of a middle linebacker’s shoe?

You could hold a friendship reunion in a phone booth?

😀

• Haha
Reactions: JAY45
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT