ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Targets

I have no inside info but hopefully Ferrari
I have no inside information but it feels like Ferrari. That would be fantastic if we got Ferrari. It would also indicate something good about RTC and facilities. We could use some fantastic news.

Although it's highly unlikely we get both Amos & Ferrari, I do think it could work. Both have Olympic dreams so they could go 197/97kg & 184/86kg.

I thought this was kind of interesting too...after the Ironman tourney back in December, AJ was interviewed by Zeb Miller. He said he wasn't ready (yet) to share his college list publicly, but that he & Amos both told each other their top choices.

I could see that if he ends up like his father. Very tough to project some of these guys. When they were in HS, I never would have thought Sam Colbray & Gavin Hoffman would make 184 in college.
I just listened to Flow talking bout 2020 recruiting and prospects and of course they were very positive about our class and both Willie and Nomad said they would be surprised if we did not get either Ferrari or Amos. They also indicated we might get both but that is a very small might.

Reactions: Wrassler17
I just listened to Flow talking bout 2020 recruiting and prospects and of course they were very positive about our class and both Willie and Nomad said they would be surprised if we did not get either Ferrari or Amos. They also indicated we might get both but that is a very small might.
How did you listen it?

I like it. Didn't listen to the show but I did look at the updated 2020 & 2019 Big Boards the other day. A couple of things jumped out to me.

- On the 2020 board, Ethan Hatcher went from unranked to #55. I've been talking him up since the Ironman. He just committed to Cornell.
- Surber jumped from #54 to #40.

- On the 2019 board, Witcraft went from unranked to #24, one spot ahead of Balmaceda.
- Manibog jumped from #70 to #47.

The Folkstyle Nationals videos from USA Wrestling are going up on youtube.

Here are the finals for Surber vs Wilcox and Haas vs the Cali 3rd place finisher.

Surber faced an older and much stronger wrestler and was dominated but I like him a lot and he will mature and get stronger. No doubt in the Haas match who was the better wrestler and I really like Haas.

Reactions: osu2082
Doubt it was something breaking or happening. More like the belief they will add someone

So is anyone still expecting anything soon? It's been a couple days since Tyler's tweet.

I don't know how soon but I do think something is in the works. There is to much smoke about another big 2020 name. It might be a little while but something is on the horizon.

The awesome thing is '21 could be just as good for us. Flo just released their updated rankings and 3 kids with OSU ties are really high.

Last edited:
Reactions: osu2082
Just a possibility but he likely did not win state.

You're right, I think he finished 3rd. He also lost in the finals of a tournament in February since the last Flo update. I don't think either were considered bad though.

Carter Young dropped out of the top 100 after his loss at state. He was #48 previously.

According to Track, they also wrestled in Greco and Picklo won 9-7. Both matches were at 170 lbs. Picklo weighed in at 169.1 & Surber weighed in at 165 even. I'm curious what weight Picklo projects to. He's bigger than his older brother, but smaller than his dad at this point.

Unrelated, but at the Journeymen, Trevor Mastro took 2nd at 126 and Rylan Rogers took 3rd at 170. Both were dominant except for losing by tech to opponents from Kazakhstan.

Reactions: Harleycowboy
surber is going to have to grow into his length but i think he’s got great upside
Flo Big Board for class of 2021 is out. Tate Picklo is #7. Kyle Haas from Derby, Ks. is #11 overall, Cougar Anderson from Skiatook is #31, Emanual Skillings from Broken Arrow is #50 and Eli Griffin from Tulsa is #71. Also Travis Mastrogiovanni is #4 overall.

Flo Big Board for class of 2021 is out. Tate Picklo is #7. Kyle Haas from Derby, Ks. is #11 overall, Cougar Anderson from Skiatook is #31, Emanual Skillings from Broken Arrow is #50 and Eli Griffin from Tulsa is #71. Also Travis Mastrogiovanni is #4 overall.
Also Victor Voinovich took a pretty big drop. I still like him though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT