ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Targets

We got a commitment from Alex Kauffman of NEO. Projected 184 pounder. Was a two time NJCAA all American.

Always liked Kauffman. I think he only started wrestling in HS, like Jacobe. I thought he would develop a little more at NEO, but he's got ability. Very quick getting to the legs. Scrapping with Alex and company will bring that talent out.

Reactions: osu2082
Has anyone heard where NEO's JUCO champ Boo Dryden plans to go?

Mason Naifeh committed to the Gooners a couple of weeks ago and now Kauffman to us. I'd like to add him also if possible.

Has anyone heard where NEO's JUCO champ Boo Dryden plans to go?

Mason Naifeh committed to the Gooners a couple of weeks ago and now Kauffman to us. I'd like to add him also if possible.
In the 2021 class I knew young Mastro was 4th and Picklo is 7th but I did not know that Kyle Haas had jumped to 11 in the country. Also for class of 22 I hope we are looking at Troy Bouzakis from Florida who wrestled 26 this year. I remember thinking in their match he is as good as Trevor maestro already.

Reactions: Rdcldad
i went to watch my buddy’s son wrestle for edmond north at state

this freshman from sand springs stepped on the mat with tree trunks for legs and moved like a cat

with a tourney full of d1 studs
i asked my buddy who the hell is that

he laughed and said meet daton fix

it’s fun seeing next level kids jump out at you

Reactions: osu2082
In the 2021 class I knew young Mastro was 4th and Picklo is 7th but I did not know that Kyle Haas had jumped to 11 in the country. Also for class of 22 I hope we are looking at Troy Bouzakis from Florida who wrestled 26 this year. I remember thinking in their match he is as good as Trevor maestro already.

FWIW...according to the Rutgers board, the Ferrari family is very close with the Bouzakis family. That's supposedly why Lake Highland Prep was a consideration before they ended up transferring to Bergen Catholic initially. Don't know if that's accurate or even if it would end up being a factor down the road should we land Ferrari.

Jakason Burks said recently that he expects to grow at least a couple of inches and that he won't be a college 125. Witcraft has been at 145 since the HS season ended, so maybe the current thinking is Mastro/Burks/Witcraft manning 125-141. 149 might then be Voinovich or Carter Young (plus we have McLane who I think is going to surprise people).

Reactions: JAY45
Are we in on any of these guys?

Zach Blankenship warmed up in a Barry Sanders jersey before state so you've got to feel good about him. Obviously we are in on Ferrari. I don't know anything about the other guys. If we our 21 class ends up as good as it could be the only thing holding us back might be money.

Reactions: osu2082 and JAY45
If things work out like Seth has lined them out, we'll have to rename this Board...hopefully a couple times over!

Reactions: driad and osu2082
I pretty much rip all writers but this Duvkworth guy does a great job. If he lurks here, good job Duvkworth. TW or DOK should hire him but they suck/broke so they wont.

Seth has been great. Follows the HS, college and senior scene as it relates to OSU and also provides solid original content. He has been a major asset for OkSt wrestling in terms of coverage.

Reactions: driad
Seth is definitely on this board. A lot. That's pretty obvious based on the tweets and articles.

The grayshirting comments reminded me of something I saw on the tOSU board...

We've discussed on here whether we have the $ and lineup openings to get both Ferrari & Amos. Well one of the known tOSU insiders says they are going after both (with Amos their #1 priority). Remember, they have Kerkvliet at heavy (a top 2 guy) and Hoffman at 184 (a top 10 guy). The insider says they have a plan that involves grayshirts & Olympic redshirts.

Maybe more interesting though is that he says they have the $ for Amos, Ferrari & Jesse Vasquez. Keep in mind tOSU has put together two enormous recruiting classes already in 2018 and 2019.

The grayshirting comments reminded me of something I saw on the tOSU board...

We've discussed on here whether we have the $ and lineup openings to get both Ferrari & Amos. Well one of the known tOSU insiders says they are going after both (with Amos their #1 priority). Remember, they have Kerkvliet at heavy (a top 2 guy) and Hoffman at 184 (a top 10 guy). The insider says they have a plan that involves grayshirts & Olympic redshirts.

Maybe more interesting though is that he says they have the $ for Amos, Ferrari & Jesse Vasquez. Keep in mind tOSU has put together two enormous recruiting classes already in 2018 and 2019.
I don't understand how but I guess the insider would know more than me. What's the name of their board?

I don't understand how but I guess the insider would know more than me. What's the name of their board?

They have a couple of boards, but the comment is on this one.

http://ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

We (tOSU) have scattered boards. Rivals did not grant a separate wresting forum on our main rivals site. The premium forum has a lot of wresting discussion but it’s behind a paywall, so no one outside of tOSU fans see it.

The board mentioned above (ohiowrestling.net)is good , but 1990s web design and they opted to leave as is. Bob P is pretty connected on that board.

24/7 sports has a tOSU wrestling forum on their “Bucknuts”. The Bucknuts site is not well thought of for football. It begat from a split with Scout, years ago. The wresting forum is ok, but it can go days without activity. The moderator on the wrestling forum is a great guy and very professional. I see him at donor events.
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...uckeyes-Wrestling-Message-Board-Forum-101483/

Last, there is a Yappi wrestling forum that is very good for Ohio high school wrestling.
http://yappi.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT