ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Targets

I appreciate knowing that work is being done, possibilities are in play, and good things could happen. If specific details could sabotage the situation or even cause heartburn to one of the coaches or recruits, I can do without those specifics. Thanks for the tease. Good enough for me.

Yup, better safe than sorry.

One other point about Braxton Amos - not only was he recognized by multiple people at the arena, Seth also published a photo of him on campus. Neither of those is the case with the potential transfer.

I would think that Chase Singleterry would be looking for a place to land with Daniel Kerkeveit coming into Ohio State. That seems like a natural fit for him and us. Not sure if he could be bulked up like White, but would seem like a great candidate for heavy for us. Since he is in wrestling season I cannot see him shopping schools today.
With the proper weight training program he could be a contender as he has the basic wrestling skills. Not sure why other schools have not figured how to Cowboy-up a heavyweight like we have recently. Obviously signing a stud like Gable Stevenson is a more direct path, but there are just not that many of those guys out there.

I would think that Chase Singleterry would be looking for a place to land with Daniel Kerkeveit coming into Ohio State. That seems like a natural fit for him and us. Not sure if he could be bulked up like White, but would seem like a great candidate for heavy for us. Since he is in wrestling season I cannot see him shopping schools today.
With the proper weight training program he could be a contender as he has the basic wrestling skills. Not sure why other schools have not figured how to Cowboy-up a heavyweight like we have recently. Obviously signing a stud like Gable Stevenson is a more direct path, but there are just not that many of those guys out there.

Do you think he would stay there one more year and see what happens and Kerkeveit redshirt?

I don’t know if they want it out there ... so I’m going to wait. But it’s a heavy.

Reactions: osu2082
Maybe Seth Nevills, has to greyshirt now Cassar is trying to get another year...

Someone threw out the name on themat and acted like it was a done deal. I probably shouldn't be but I'm still hesitant to throw out the name if the coaches are trying to keep it under the radar. It pretty easy to find if you want to know.

Reactions: LANDONAMBERSOCCER
Someone threw out the name on themat and acted like it was a done deal. I probably shouldn't be but I'm still hesitant to throw out the name if the coaches are trying to keep it under the radar. It pretty easy to find if you want to know.

Would be a very nice get.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
Makes since if true. I think OSU finished a close second when he signed out of HS. I think he bridges the gap perfectly with Doucet too as he would be a senior when Doucet is a true freshman.

I hope it is not the person named in that thread. There is a reason he did not compete this season. I'll leave it at that.

He would be in the mix or R12 guy IMO. Won 30 matches as a RSFR and almost upset Kasper at nationals.
IMO if they can find a HVY that can make top 8 that could be the difference in getting #35.

Reactions: AtownPoke
I really don't think that if John isn't convinced of a complete change of attitude, there isn't much of a chance he will be here.

I agree that most people deserve second chances. I do not agree that this person deserves a second chance at Oklahoma State next season.

I would think John of all people would have done extensive background and reference checking on this deal and would have to have been convinced that this kid has made amends and taken the needed steps to be held accountable and learn from his issues. If not he won't be here.

Taking him is not that big a streck. I mean stretch.
I think the possible negatives outweigh the positives for Coach Smith. If he going to take this chance I hope he has spent significant time with the young man and that the young man has had some long term counseling on this problem. The stuff I read about with him does not just go away over time.

With good instrecktion I think he will be more than solid as our heavyweight.

Well okay it’s obviously out there. The legal situation has to be sorted, before anything could happen. If it all works out, it’s close to a perfect fit. I think the coaches have done a great job of evaluating the individual, and are comfortable, but it’s a non starter unless and until the legal situation resolved in a way we can feel good about it.

Well okay it’s obviously out there. The legal situation has to be sorted, before anything could happen. If it all works out, it’s close to a perfect fit. I think the coaches have done a great job of evaluating the individual, and are comfortable, but it’s a non starter unless and until the legal situation resolved in a way we can feel good about it.

It was posted on another site charges were dropped. No idea if that is true or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT